Recruiting For Mod

Deji

Okay, I'm planning to make a Parkour mod where you could really impress someone with your favourite spots. Some of my ideas will require buttons added, stuff coded and maps edited a little. I can do the maps and animations. But not the button mapping.

So anyone who wants to help me complete a great mod just say and I'll add you to the team and we can begin modding :D I've already started modding the animations...

This is what I plan to add/edit:

Higher, longer jumps. (Reach buildings easier)

Leap button (Ends with roll)

*Shimmying (Press left and right while held on to a ledge)

*Over into shimmy. (Player climbs over and dangles)

*Climb down. (Walk slowly to an edge to dangle down)

*Verticle wall climb. (Player puts all hands and feet on to to opposite, close walls to climb up)

*Ladders and polls. (Climbable ladders and poles. This may require special object configuration, may be impossible)

(* = Something that may be hard to accomplish)

i can make the ladders and pole **models** but before i go and make a object i got to know which object its going to replace.

(you might have to get a map editor to configure the position of the poles and ladders

correct) but you can already do it with some of the built in poles e.g. telephone and traffic signal poles

but when doing that in the script youll have to check if the pole is not destroyed somthing like that.

i can make the ladders and pole **models** but before i go and make a object i got to know which object its going to replace.

(you might have to get a map editor to configure the position of the poles and ladders

correct) but you can already do it with some of the built in poles e.g. telephone and traffic signal poles

but when doing that in the script youll have to check if the pole is not destroyed somthing like that.

Well I suppose since people have been asking for Area 69 to be opened you can replace the vent cover bit with the ladder. Although, the map editor doesn't show it up since it's only placed by main.scm work and I don't want to mess with that too soon so I'll check about that later. I'm sure I can find something totally uneeded. Like the shark in the game :D

Lovin your '69' posts xD

Edited by Deji

• 1 month later...
All sounds interesting, when will this be finished?

Well at the moment this is a distant dream. I need someone better at using 3Ds MAX to do the animations while I just focus on the coding... I can activate anims no easily as with my newest mod, but it takes me a while.

I tried to mock up a simple shimmy a few weeks ago, but he let go of the wall when the anim was activated, plus I'd overwritten the wrong file meaning that he wouldn't do the right animation.

I may try again but for now I'm focusing on my latest mod...

btw, this topic's a month old...