Charater Rigging Tutorial

ReeceMix

Does anybody here even know how to rig player models? I keep thinking that the GTA modding scene is dead.

No, just going back to school. Well that's my excuse. If you want to convert the models or rig 3DS models for SA you should use Blender free download at blender.org and then you will need a script called GTA Import/Export Tool for Blender by Stephen Orning 'Hollower'. Then you will need to learn how to use the Blender etc..

There was a good free modeler called the Zmodeler but they are charging for version 2 now. Version 2 imports the GTA SA dff and 3ds as well.

Does anybody here even know how to rig player models? I keep thinking that the GTA modding scene is dead.

No, just going back to school. Well that's my excuse. If you want to convert the models or rig 3DS models for SA you should use Blender free download at blender.org and then you will need a script called GTA Import/Export Tool for Blender by Stephen Orning 'Hollower'. Then you will need to learn how to use the Blender etc..

There was a good free modeler called the Zmodeler but they are charging for version 2 now. Version 2 imports the GTA SA dff and 3ds as well.

I didnt know there was a blender plugin I will download that, I also have Zmodeler1&2, I was hoping someone could clarify the 3ds max rigging tutorial (as whoever invented Blenders GUI obviously takes alot of mind bending drugs).

However I must say that the lack of help on these forums surely must have put a serious dent in the newer GTA modding community, assuming I stick with GTA modding (and not get fed up and quit) I'd be interested in setting up a GTA website specificaly for beginner Mod tutorials

EDIT: The blender plugin only works for GTA3 & VC modding, Im modding SA

Edited by ReeceMix

• 1 year later...

i thought he can get fat and skinny in the game itself, there's cheats for full fat, full muscle etc.

read the topic and dont reply to posts when on heavy medication, cannabis or alcohol .. remember just say no

cool_story_bro.jpg

pretty sure if nobody answered in 2008 the chance of it happening in 2010 (san andreas is well and truly old) is slim to none, why'd you even bump a 2 year old topic ?

pretty sure if nobody answered in 2008 the chance of it happening in 2010 (san andreas is well and truly old) is slim to none, why'd you even bump a 2 year old topic ?

Oh excuse me for thinking that in 2 years time someone would have recognised that there was no tutorial or information on 'rigging the CJ character' and posted some clear instructions on the matter. San Andreas Mods are still popular just check youtube.

I bumped the topic to save having to create a new one on the same subject

and C)

why would you even respond to a topic if you A) dont have any revelant information to input? or 2) completeley misread the topic and add a completely irrelevant statement?