A question to all the teenagers and other young guys

GTAsoldier

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Britain, you're branded a gun weilding, petty theiving, knife carry lunatic until you turn 30. Then you buy a top hat and a monocle, wear a burgundy dressing gown, smoke a pipe, and drink nothing but scotch and tea.

Rofl.

I very rarely get crap like that thankfully, but something that annoys me is how the elderfolk throw censorship in the faces of anyone 17 or younger and label it 'protection', but thats just me.

It doesn't really bother me if an older person looks down on me...because they're old...I'll most likely live longer than them and if they really piss me off...I'll piss on their grave. Simple as that. How does that old saying go...oh yeah..."Pay back's a bitch!"

Older people have to realize, the younger generations are the ones that will be taking care of them when they're too old to take care of themselves.

The older generation are disliking the youth because a small minority are prats, they will knock on their doors and run away for laughs and sometimes these people have been robbed by the young. Im not trying to defend the older generation just thinking it from their perspective.

I haven't really been looked down upon from an elderly person but I do notice that when I am walking on the same pathway they do try and distance themselves from me but it doesn't bother me.

• 2 weeks later...
Yea I dont like how they view all teens the same.. Just because there are a load of idiots out there they think it about everyone. Where I live your not allowed to hang in a group of 3 or above because some guys mugged one person...

Its the same here to, once we went to the shop (me and a group of 4 other friends) and brought a bottle of Coke each, abd when we left this old woman started ranting at us about how in her day Children would be arrested for stealing things, and how it was so dishonerable and the shop keepers worked hard to make a living (ect..) and then makes us go back t the shop with her, so she could ask the shop keeper if we had brought them. Its not really Adults, there pretty alright, its old people and those Dam Comunity Support officers...

Also on Halloween, any person beween the ages 11-17 that are not acompined by an adult have to be at home by 9:00pm. Todelers have more freedom thaan us!

It is very annoying to be harassed by these dust-farting elders. All they say is that we are bad for listening 'shitty' music, drinking stuff we shouldn't, and laughing. And always I have weird things with my mum, that she is an adult, and if she says that Glasgow is the capital of Ireland, and I say it's the capital of Scotland, than she says I am wrong, and only after my dad tells her that she is wrong, she admits it. The older generation thinks only bad things about us.

Don't u hate it when older people try to put down the youth? You know like when they try to blatantly call us "youngins" as such? I just wanna know from you guys because this generation gap is getting me a bit ticked.

(**NOTE: If you're gonna be arse, don't reply. Have a constructed and mature response.)

I'm not a youth.....but older people can't help but look down on younger people. It happened to me when I was young and now that I am an adult, I see what they see and when you guys get older, you'll be saying that about younger people.

There are a hell of a lot of young people who just don't give a shit. They cause trouble for no reason at all. I have seen a number of immature young people making fun of random people. You don't see many adults walking around saying OMG LOOK AT HER FACE LOLOLOLOL or THAT GUY LOOKS SO GAY!! A lot of young kids don't give a crap about education or their parents and, no thanks to laws these days, get away with a lot of garbage because the second a parent even raises their hand to their kid, the kid is dialing 911 on their cell. Lack of discipline. That's the problem.

When I was growing up, my brothers and I got the belt when we stepped out of line. I could NEVER imagine myself being as much of an ass as some young kids these days. You watch those talk shows and, no matter if they are really fake or not, there really are kids like that out there in this world. 8 year old kids telling their parents to F-off. Wow.

This isn't to say that ALL young people act like idiots but there are a lot who do. It's sad and it makes the good young people look bad.

I'm not a youth.....but older people can't help but look down on younger people. It happened to me when I was young and now that I am an adult, I see what they see and when you guys get older, you'll be saying that about younger people.

There are a hell of a lot of young people who just don't give a shit. They cause trouble for no reason at all. I have seen a number of immature young people making fun of random people. You don't see many adults walking around saying OMG LOOK AT HER FACE LOLOLOLOL or THAT GUY LOOKS SO GAY!! A lot of young kids don't give a crap about education or their parents and, no thanks to laws these days, get away with a lot of garbage because the second a parent even raises their hand to their kid, the kid is dialing 911 on their cell. Lack of discipline. That's the problem.

When I was growing up, my brothers and I got the belt when we stepped out of line. I could NEVER imagine myself being as much of an ass as some young kids these days. You watch those talk shows and, no matter if they are really fake or not, there really are kids like that out there in this world. 8 year old kids telling their parents to F-off. Wow.

This isn't to say that ALL young people act like idiots but there are a lot who do. It's sad and it makes the good young people look bad

Well: 1. Its not fair to place a steriotype on a whole generation, becasue a few people can't help but be pricks

2. We don't care about education as much, because we learn the same stuff every year. After 9 years at school, I have done 3 topics in history: Tudors, Victorians, and the great fire of london, and they test us so much that it just lose its meaning. Maybee someone should try a new aproach?

3. The Law. It used to work, but now all the New cops will requisiton a hanging for anyone who speeds 2 mph over the limit, and wont lift a finger to stop a stabbing

4. Last time I checked I wasnt and 8 year old kid

I hate it how my fucking mom and other people think they can have an arguement with me, but I can't say anything back because they're "the adult".

i get that alot, i just argue back and say something along the lines of

'So? you're the adult? That doesn't mean you have authority, so shut the fuck up!'

quoted from yesterday :)

THAT is exactly why you're treated like you can't handle yourself. Because you can't. Don't bitch about the way you're treated if you can't even respond to that argument in a civilized manor.

This isn't to say that ALL young people act like idiots but there are a lot who do. It's sad and it makes the good young people look bad

Well: 1. Its not fair to place a steriotype on a whole generation, becasue a few people can't help but be pricks

2. We don't care about education as much, because we learn the same stuff every year. After 9 years at school, I have done 3 topics in history: Tudors, Victorians, and the great fire of london, and they test us so much that it just lose its meaning. Maybee someone should try a new aproach?

3. The Law. It used to work, but now all the New cops will requisiton a hanging for anyone who speeds 2 mph over the limit, and wont lift a finger to stop a stabbing

Her point still holds up. And it is a BIG amount of little teeny boppers who do it, thinking they are unstoppable and on top of the world. I know. I was in groups exactly like that. I went through the "rebellious" stage. I went through the "I'm held back cause I'm hated on for being young" stage.

It's absurd how ignorant and full of themselves kids are these days. And when they "grow up", they're still the same. Some guy was driving around with a sticker on his car that said "Street Racing Is Not A Crime". WTF? Fail, dude.... Fail..... And when you point out what they are doing wrong, "YOU'RE JUST HATIN' ON ME!! YOU RACIST/WHATEVER!!!".....

Something NEEDS to be done about it.

meh, was busking in town, and like, theres loadsa people busking(adults..), and none of them got insulted and chased, like, was sat down with my mate, and their like, coming up saying "move, because you're crap" so I'm like "Fuck you!" *steps forward* then about 5 came out, and like 1 came right up to my face and told me to clench my fist so he could knock me out, and I did, and he did fuck all, so I'm like, "fuck off you cunt"...then I walk off, then some are just like, pissing my best mate off, so I'm like, "just fuck off"...then they get told to chase me...so I'm like "fuck" so I ran away, got away, then got to a dead end, then they caught me, took me into boots security room, just before I got took in, proper stressed out, and like just beat the shit out of the 7 that were holding me, then they pushed me over jumped on me and lay on all my limbs, then like stayed there for ages, and meh... :(

they wouldn't do that to an adult...so meh.

• 2 weeks later...

You are speaking for yourself. Note that I said not all younger people are bad but a majority are. That also isn't to say that all adults are angels.

It's pretty stupid that people would not care about education as much based on doing the same things every year. Your education is your future and not caring about it just because you are getting a repeat topic shows how much you don't care about your future. Not sure how school works now but when I was in school, one year would be new stuff, the next year would be stuff we learnt from before the last year, the next year would be new stuff again, etc. (so basically old/new/old/new). It rotated. Just do the work, graduate and further your education with something you like. If it bothers you that much, why don't YOU make a suggestion at your school? Either way, being bored of what you are doing doesn't mean a kid can skip class and be a douchebag.

Adults tend to be a bit more mature and don't always think so high and mighty of themselves. If you walk into a place where half the people are adults and half are younger people, I can guarantee the younger people wont waste any time judging you because you aren't part of their "clique" whereas the adults will just continue doing what they are doing. For example, I have a gold and black winter RocaWear coat. It's not blinding or anything but it is slightly flashy (I'll take a pic sometime so you see what I mean) so I walked into KFC on Friday and there was a large group of young people, probably from the high school I went to just up the street, and some random adults there. One of the idiot young guys looks over and I heard him say "YO THAT GIRL IS ALL INTO SHINY, HAHAHAHA". Lucky for him, there were a number of other people around. If he didn't have 20 people who would probably jump me, I would have literally walked up to him and either told him off or punched him in the jaw. Not to be cool but to prove a point that these idiots have no idea who they are talking to. One day, his "I think I am cool saying something about someone" attitude will get him killed. He'll say it to the wrong person and they'll pull out a gun or a knife.

You think different on this subject because you are part of the younger generation. I can guarantee you right now that when you get older, you will think the exact same way other adults do about the younger generation. I was offended, too, when I was young and people bashed us but now I see what they mean. Face it, a large number of the younger population are assholes. They think they can say and do whatever they want and not get touched.

Edited by YellowJacket

I get that when I go around the place with my mates. Just because we walk around in big groups makes us look intimidating and therefore "Yobs", which we certainly are not. We like to have a good time, but we never cause any trouble with anyone. However, we get called yobs!

Typical stereotypical people if you ask me.

But, us as youths can't help by doing some bad things or some "vile" things according to adults. Scotland is full of these twats, I've even done something rebellious along with most the British Youth Population, you sometimes can't help yourself. The thing I will not be doing though is drinking, smoking, carrying a weapon unless it is necessary... I don't want to give the stereotypical public an actual reason to moan at us.

Football is the main cause of adults hating youths in general, the news programs always mention this on the TV and it is turning the public against it -- Fighting caused by two rival footie games in Glasgow (Celtic and Rangers for example) ended up in several fatalities -- They ruin our trust basically. I don't know if this is the case for any other countries.