Own Proper Cars

Deji

Yea it's me on about modding again as I know about 6 types of mod >.<

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a main.scm mod where you can buy up to about 5 cars from any of the many car salers round San Andreas.

Then the game selects that car and remembers wherever you get out of it and reloads it next time you come in radius. So basically when you get out it would set the car to spawn there...

If you blow your car up then it will be gone forever and you'd need to buy it again. So this would make you have fun in taking care of a car that would actually be yours forever (If you keep it well). I'm not sure if it's possible for the game to save your cars mods like it does with your garage but that would be a cool feature. You could choose the licence plate that the vehicle will have and spawn with before you buy it and specify the colours (All should be possible in main.scm)

So if anyone could make this mod that'd be cool. I'd do it but i'm still learning main.scm coding and even though I like people using mods that I created, I'm not going to keep my idea to myself, so I'll let you have a try until I learn main.scm :D Seeya!

I was wondering if it would be possible to make a main.scm mod where you can buy up to about 5 cars from any of the many car salers round San Andreas.

Then the game selects that car and remembers wherever you get out of it and reloads it next time you come in radius. So basically when you get out it would set the car to spawn there...

If you blow your car up then it will be gone forever and you'd need to buy it again. So this would make you have fun in taking care of a car that would actually be yours forever (If you keep it well). I'm not sure if it's possible for the game to save your cars mods like it does with your garage but that would be a cool feature. You could choose the licence plate that the vehicle will have and spawn with before you buy it and specify the colours (All should be possible in main.scm)

So if anyone could make this mod that'd be cool. I'd do it but i'm still learning main.scm coding and even though I like people using mods that I created, I'm not going to keep my idea to myself, so I'll let you have a try until I learn main.scm :D Seeya!

hmm..newgen rpg (sa-mp) has nearly something close to tht, except license plates. u can mod your own cars and it'l spawn at your house etc. but yeah cool idea :)

For a one-time buy you could modify the import/export mission & set it up at the various carlots. The cars available

for import are determined by the export cars you found so there's a chunk of code you don't need, just set a list of

cars for sale.

Another version, You go to the dealer to buy the car & it opens a spawn at your nearest main savehouse.

You could set a mission marker next to a car & if you step into it you get a yes/no prompt to buy the car. For example

there's the Perennial at the carlot next to the Jefferson Hotel. You could buy it for $2500 & it will spawn in front of CJ's

house in Ganton. That would be simple but wouldn't allow you to set the color.

Let me think on this for a day or two, I have some ideas.

How about a huge garage around SA! xD (j/k) lol Well I've started to make my first main.scm mod for practise now... So maybe I'll try and slowly work it out eventually.

I'll make a topic of it if I'm sure I'll be able to handle making it later and you can post any ideas/suggestions.

Edited by Deji

Nice, but how different is VC main.scm to SA?

I think you'd only have to change the locations to SA & place a building. The way it works in VC, he just added a gate

to an existing building & the cars reset to 100% condition when you get out instead of waiting for the gate to close. If

so, you could use a parking lot by one of the many apartments & maybe even a helipad or boat dock.

Hmm... After looking at coding a bit more I think this could be possible. If you were to define it as a variable or w/e you do (4@) then it is stored in the game memory. I could also put a marker on it like with the cars in levels to make it appear on the map and make it easier to find. Then you could do all sorts with it as a variable thingy... Specify things for it, change certain things... ect.

I will have a go when I'm better at coding :D

• 4 weeks later...

I had a similar idea, but slightly different. While playing GTA IV I got the idea, well reminding me of a former idea. I'd love to be able to buy, customize, and park the vehicle where ever I leave it. Whatever condition it was left in is the way it stays (something like Driver Parallel Lines).

I have some great ideas, however Rockstar has me stumped with this lastest installment to the series. Other than graphics and crash physics this game is very empty!