The Anxiety Disorder Thread

NZ91

This a place for anyone with an Anxiety disorder to come and discuss it. Even if you don't have one feel free to talk about it.

Here's some info to inform you all =]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anxiety_disorder

It is broken up into several different Anxiety Disorders, the one I suffer is this one

I started to develop my Anxiety Disorder August last year which means I have had it for just over a year. I have known since then that I over-react to things and develop extreme paranoia over really unnecessary things. I didn't realise it was so bad until it escalated 2 weeks ago. I was at a friends house with a group of people I haven't seen since i left school and I had a very severe Panic Attack. It was literally the worst thing i have ever experienced in my life. For the next 24 hours i was crying, shaking, vomiting and worrying. I realised my mental health was definitely not right. Like me, many people also suffer from depression as it goes hand in hand with Anxiety Disorders.

I most likely inherited the problem from my mother who suffered from it for years. Life issues last August most likely "activated" it.

With the disorders, people have other symptoms, one big one for me was the Insomnia. I have always had bad sleeping patterns but for the last year it's been very bad. Now i struggle to sleep if i am on my own. I usually cannot sleep until i am collapsing with tiredness.

My condition has been so bad lately i cry over everything, i get so paranoid i vomit, i get really disoriented and distressed i start shaking and sweating. I haven't told many people IRL because I really don't want to be judged as a mental case when i'm definitely not.

So there you go, anyone with an Anxiety Disorder i call you to come forward and discuss it :) and anyone who knows someone with one feel free to discuss too.

Edited by guilty.by.association

I have relatively bad anxiety problems. Paranoia, nervousness, distrust, shit like that. But in a world like this, can anyone be blamed for not trusting people?

We((the world as a whole)), create and cause so many mental disorders and health issues. We cause the problems in the world. And then we try to fix the symptoms without ever touching the issue.

Pick up a bad habit likes drinking, or hard drugs. That usually makes things better. :rolleyes:

Well, being autistic, I don't socialize much, so I'm pretty anxious around people and get paranoid about things friends are doing and stuff. Have panic attacks quite often when things don't go right in many ways. When I'm meeting new people and going doing things I'm nervous as fuck and can't bare doing them myself.

Edited by Connor

Well, being autistic, I don't socialize much, so I'm pretty anxious around people and get paranoid about things friends are doing and stuff. Have panic attacks quite often when things don't go right in many ways. When I'm meeting new people and going doing things I'm nervous as fuck and can't bare doing them myself.

I second that, if you want to know why, read Connor's topic.

My best mate at school has Anxiety Disorder, and most people in my class make fun of him, which just makes it worse. Even my forums tutor makes fun of him (Not directly, but he implies it. Things like : Oh, but I wont ask George, Incase he throws up. I really think thats just complete bullsh*t to say that. i know if I was the headmaster I would see him sacked).

I don't know if I have it, but I am often paranoid, and somtimes cough terribly, and somtimes even cough up blood whenever I meet new people. I also suffered a Bad Panic attack when I left Primary School, because I knew I was gonna have to change schools, move house, I was never gonna see my Best friend from scince I was about 3 ever again and also my dad had just walked out on my mum the week before.

How does that give you a reason to get a girlfriend?

Anyway, yeah, I have severe social anxiety, I go to a SPED school and etc for it. In fact I'm skipping today because I'm nervous about homeroom, the past two times I almost had a panic attack. My face goes white and my hands go into a cold sweat and I can't talk.

But yeah if you ever need to talk about it just tell me. I don't leave my house alone because of it unless it's during school hours since all the kids are in school.

now i proved that i do have anxiety disorder, because when i'm infront of many people, i would just suddenly feel very nervous and i will blush. this one is one of my biggest problems rightnow, giving me a reason to get a girlfriend now

Some of you guys don't know what anxiety disorder actually is......being nervous because you are shy is NOT anxiety disorder. It's just simply being shy.

I've had severe anxiety disorder since I was 16 so almost 10 years now. Missed a lot of school because of it and big crowds are a definate no-no. I've had a few different medications and been to the emergency room 4 or 5 times.

Edited by YellowJacket

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Mine are like.

Skin feels like it's vibrating

Shaking really badly

Fast breaths that don't even take air in

Heart rate about the speed it is if I've been sprinting for 10 minutes

Very dizzy, almost passing out

I get that, only I don't feel like I'm gunna pass out, but I feel Like Im Gonna be Sick and get Migranes. I also feel really thirsty and De-Hydrated, and drinking water makes me feel worse - It only stops if I go outside someplace alone

Edited by Butters!

One thing that makes me feel safe is when i put my arms over my chest.

I've had it before (While stoned, At first i though to myself im not stoned so why do i have this then i relised).

I felt really sick for about 2 minutes through it as well. But now im fine.

I guess its one of those things that just happens.

I got back from the Anxiety Center of Boston University today and went through a fucking 4 HOUR evaluation process. FOUR HOUR. They asked if I was molested and etc, but one of the funniest questions was "are you afraid of costumed characters?". I laughed at that a little, even though I know some people flip out around that shit. But yeah looks like I'll be gettin' some therapy there.