Sarah Palin Factor?

Vercetti Thug

actually i dunno much as much as i don't care about USA elections.

but from my point of view, Mccain was able to make him popular it is because Palin is a woman, so the supporters of Hilary might switch to support Mccain instead of Obama, since i know that american women desired to have "voice".

The hypocrisy of McCain's choice (after bashing Obama about inexperience he chooses someone even more inexperienced) and the hypocrisy of Palin's views (on sex education, etc. with a pregnant 17-year-old) make this choice extremely laughable and shows that McCain had to pull out something "revolutionary" (a woman VP) in order to secure some extra votes. It's a good campaign tactic, but when it's actually affecting our country, it's gone too far. I wouldn't have voted for McCain no matter who he picked, though. As if we need to replace one war mongering president with another.

Rappo i seriously wanted to hear an answer like yours.......

So why didn't you just come out & say it yourself?

Rappo - I've dealt personally w/ a pregnant 17-year-old. Is there something you think you need to tell me? Let's throw

in the severely retarded kid & the autistic grandkid while you're at it. All 3 of them are the DIRECT result of the type of

"nanny state" the Clintons stood for. If you personally have no experience in these matters, you need to STFU.

Sara Palin has firsthand experience & as VP would be in a position to form policy that would help instead of just making

them dependents of the state.

Ironically I already made a post about this elsewhere.

I'll add this since it's been semi argued. Republicans love her because she stands for everything (or claims to stand) they believe in. That's why she was picked. McCain has had hard core conservatives scared for months now. Didn't Ann Coulter say that she'd rather vote for Hilary at some point in time?

She was also picked to help shore up some disaffected Hilary supporters. Which in talking to a good many women (my wife included) they are quite put off by McCain's presumption that women are like blind sheep. It seems that McCain is saying "Hey, your girl lost and Obama didn't pick her, so come to me I have a woman" And sadly I heard a woman on the radio the day Palin was announced saying that she was switching (after 60 years of voting Dem) to McCain-Palin. And only because Palin was on the ticket. She disagreed with most everything they are running on.

As far as the 17 year old pregnant daughter. It happens, it's nothing to be ashamed of, but it happens. My sister-in-law got pregnant at 16. What I find funny is that conservative pundits who assail pregnant teens day and night (remember what people said about Jamie Lynn Spears and her parents?) aren't commenting too much on her daughter. Apparently it's only okay if you're a Republican politician.

What I find ironic about it is that Palin is a strong abstinence only supporter. This should be more proof that those types of programs don't work well. I hope that Palin had her own talks with her daughter and they weren't "don't do it". Everyone does. I don't personally know anyone who waited till marriage.

Without further ado, here's my post on this matter.

I was doing some looking around for the new Republican darling Sarah Palin and I found this letter.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/soapbox/kilkenny.asp

I couldn't get the text to copy to paste. If you want to read it I hope you do.

Sounds like this woman is just another typical dangerous politician, and I hope people aren't swayed by her "pitbull in lipstick" bullshit, and actually research who they are swooning over.

It's funny they say Obama has no experience; Political Activist, Community Organizer, State Senator (8 years), and US Senator.

Obviously this is much less experience than John McCain (but considering the man is 72, no shit). But Obama picks Joe Biden, who if you know me, you know I think he should be the nominee and Obama the running mate, but whatever.

But Palin is supposed to have so much experience so she can run the freaking country? City council, Mayor of a town smaller than Hampstead, MD, and Governor of the largest, yet not very populated state.

I'm sorry but having her on the ticket automatically ends any arguments against Obama's experience.

Also, obviously I'm not a woman, but am I the only person offended by this pick? To me it seems like McCain is saying "Hey ladies who supported Hilary, (my wife being one of them) upset she didn't get the nomination, or asked to be the VP? Come to us, we have a woman now"

Do they really think women are that dumb? I don't. I know my wife is pissed off about it too.

Folks you want to know why Obama didn't pick Hilary? It would have made too many waves, that's why. If she had the nomination she wouldn't have picked him. The Republicans have all kinds of dirt on Hilary and Bill Clinton. Picking her would have been a distraction and taken the focus off of Obama.

Happy September folks, it's 2 months to the election, and it's only going to get worse.

Edited by draftermatt

Rappo - I've dealt personally w/ a pregnant 17-year-old. Is there something you think you need to tell me? Let's throw

in the severely retarded kid & the autistic grandkid while you're at it. All 3 of them are the DIRECT result of the type of

"nanny state" the Clintons stood for. If you personally have no experience in these matters, you need to STFU.

Sara Palin has firsthand experience & as VP would be in a position to form policy that would help instead of just making

them dependents of the state.

I understand that you have more life experience than me, that's great. However, I find it hard to believe that you are blaming mental retardation on the sort of country that Democrats aim to build. In fact, I'm surprised that somebody with such experience is not interested in universal healthcare, where not only the mentally retarded kids that you know, but those in every family across America regardless of parental employment or household income, can seek medical attention when they need it.

Oh and please don't tell me to STFU. The things you're talking about have nothing to do with running a country.

Let me also add that I didn't know who the hell Sarah Palin was before two weeks ago, and I'm sure most people here didn't either. It's pretty silly to be making all of these judgements about her because of what was heard on CNN (or in your case, Urbanoutlaw, it's probably Fox News).

Edited by rappo

The situation I deal w/ on a day to day basis is the DIRECT result of liberal piss-poor management of this country,

you apparently missed that above.

Andrew (the person in question) was carried for over 11 months because his mother ended up passed between 4

different doctors who decided this was "just another welfare case". Her idiot case worker didn't do their job in that

they didn't keep track how many doctors she was passed between & failed to act on her concerns when she realized

something was wrong. The end result was that the kid was literally born dead & revived, causing massive brain damage.

(Meanwhile, the same liberals want to bend over backwards to help out illegal aliens.) The US government is overrun

by people like the Clintons & Obama, mainly in the department of education & Human Services.

For the first time there's someone on a major ticket who actually understands dealing w/ a special needs kid. My

"judgments" about Sara Palin are based on this & the fact that she's not known. Being know in the American political

arena almost always means some kind of scandal or corruption. Meanwhile, one of the few things we do know about

Obama is that he has several questionable affilliations (Rev. Wright, etc.) & that even though he's running on a ticket

based on "taking care of everybody" his own brother lives in a 5'x9' shack lacking even an outhouse & has a yearly

income of about $12. He wants to take of me & mine but he can't send his own brother a lousy $20, WTF!?

The "evil" Republican McCain bought his wife's aunt a condo.

CLARIFICATION - There is one thing we're on the same page about, healthcare (for citizens & legal residents).

It is unacceptable that everyone should be subject to taxes & compulsory military service (yes, the draft is still there via

the selective service) w/out a basic minimum standard of health care. The example listed above is just one of many

cases that demonstrate what's wrong w/ the currant medicaid system, it creates dependency & helps just enough to

propegate that dependency.

Just for the record, I have multiple sources of news & think for myself. I will presume at this point the "Fox News"

comment was not meant as an insult & only based on an assumption on your part. Good day.

Meanwhile, one of the few things we do know about

Obama is that he has several questionable affilliations (Rev. Wright, etc.) & that even though he's running on a ticket

based on "taking care of everybody" his own brother lives in a 5'x9' shack lacking even an outhouse & has a yearly

income of about $12. He wants to take of me & mine but he can't send his own brother a lousy $20, WTF!?

The "evil" Republican McCain bought his wife's aunt a condo.

That is probably the most ridiculous paragraph I've read regarding the candidates. I'm not even going to shed light on the Rev. Wright crap because it's just that - crap. The media will use anything to put down these candidates and convince braindead television viewers of their outrageous "news."

As for the deal about Obama's brother and McCain buying a condo for his aunt... that's wonderful. But some of us don't want yet another elitist rich white man to run the country. Obama's brother isn't in pain - he lives in Africa, and he chooses to live this way because he probably knows that life has more to offer than a nice condo in American suburbia.

I'm sorry if I want to see this country head in a new direction. I know change is scary for some.

Also, let me add that I read your story at the beginning of the post, and I understand your frustration. I don't, however, think that the laziness in workers that you experienced was at all a result of Democrats in charge or the country they aim to build. I'd blame it on the culture and personal work ethic of those involved. I come from an immigrant family which owes a majority of its success to the middle class working world and the social groups/unions formed that serve to protect them, which are organizations supported by Democrats. My culture is to work hard and have intrinsic motivation, not tempted by the fact that I could get away with doing a lesser job since I'd just be cheating myself. This is completely personal, and not something I'd attach to party affiliation.

Edited by rappo

• 1 month later...

I've been busy, I'm back now.

Don't know what rock you live under, but the "media" is (& has been) typically supporting Obama.

See post 18, I really didn't feel like typing it twice.

http://www.thegtaplace.com/forums/index.ph...mp;#entry318510

If you want change, vote for Obama, he'll change -

401k - His VP Biden wants to take away the 401k tax break, the main incentive to invest in a 401k. He also wants all 401k

accounts turned over to social security. Good plan, let the same people take care of your retirement who did such a good

job on FREDDY-MAC & FANNIE-MEA. On top of that, under their plan when you die they want to take half of what's left

instead of letting you leave it for your loved ones.

Employee Freedom of Choice act. - Ask anyone in small business what they think of being unionized, which this law would

open the door for by allowing unions to actively "encourage" employees to join. Promises of increased pay & benefits may

sound good but are paid for by employers. This could potentially kill small businesses.

Transfer of wealth - Yay, welfare for everybody! This guy wants to tax the hell out us & expand the US government into

a giant nanny state. A plumber in Ohio made the mistake of asking what he could expect in taxes & Obama set out to

ruin him, putting him out of work & having him investigated.

^^ Obama totally blew that one. Instead of punishing the guy for asking a hard question, he should have connected him

to someone that could help him get his Plumber's license cleared up & get his tax issues settled.

As for George Obama, if he's really that happy that's his deal. But I still think it says what he thinks about family. How

about his aunt? You heard of her, right? The one living in a slum in Boston.

Enjoy your changes.

Personal - Where is your family from & how long have you been here? These issues should really matter to you as

your family probably came here to make a better life & for the freedom to have to life you want, where your hard

work is rewarded instead of exploited. Welcome & good luck.

I just honestly can't stand Palin and McCain, I have supported the democrats for a while. My first year of voting though so thats good. I have my postal vote all sorted so I can vote. I just honestly can't see how McCain will help the US. Its my opinion thats all. What worries me is that if Obama does get in is that he will be assinated by Neo Nazi white supremists.

I just honestly can't stand Palin and McCain.....

Can you be more specific, or did someone just convince you they are evil?

I just honestly can't see how McCain will help the US. Its my opinion thats all.
But at the same time you can't how

Obama (& Biden) could ruin this country. Come home for a while, you've been gone too long.

What worries me is that if Obama does get in is that he will be assinated by Neo Nazi white supremists.

McCain has a long record of working w/ liberals (Biden was on his short list of VP candidates), there hasn't been any

mention of ties to neo Nazis or white supremacists. Suggest you check another news source. Be more worried about

how Obama will destroy critics like he did a plumber from Ohio for asking a simple question about taxes. Be more

worried about him taking a sudden 3-week vacation when he's supposed to be working & still not being able to hold

an intelligible conversation w/out a script & teleprompter. Be more worried about his ties to slumlords, domestic

terrorists & violent radicals.

You're still my friend & as such I'd be remiss if I didn't ask that you put some thought into something like this. The

Democrat party has drifted a long way from Harry Truman.

We still on for cow-tippin'?

I just honestly can't see how McCain will help the US.

I honestly can't see how Obama will help the US either. His slick talk and fancy words seem to mesmerize people and cloud their judgment on the issues. It is IMPOSSIBLE for Obama to keep all the promises he has made and says he WILL come through on. He says that he won't raise taxes on "middle class" families, if Obama wants to come through on his MASSIVE spending on new programs he will definitely have to raise taxes on these families. BUT, if he actually holds true to this and doesn't tax them he will have to tax the "rich" way more than they already are which will in turn will drastically decrease their spending. Spending which if stopped or even badly decreased will decimate the economy.

Obama is guilty of lying to the public and running a smear campaign like he says McCain is. Obama constantly and unfairly pairs McCain with Bush. Saying McCain is "lock step" with all of Bush's policies. BULLSHIT. McCain was for the war yes, but was against the way Bush handled it from the start. Clinton cut the capital gains tax from 28% to 20% and Government revenue went up. Bush cut the capital gains tax from 20% to 15% and Government revenue went up. "Goodness, how can that be!? The Messiah says we need to raise taxes on the rich so that he can redistribute their wealth to me and other people who didn't work hard for it." If Obama wants money to redistribute all in the name of fairness, why not use a PROVEN method of bringing money in. If you cut taxes, people spend more. If you raise taxes, people spend less.

McCain wants to cut taxes. No more needs to be said. Why in all honesty would you tax people MORE when the economy is floundering and you are so close to a recession?

I hear people saying, "McCain's $5,000 tax credit for people who can't afford to buy their own health insurance. Where does that money come from? Isn't that "spreading the wealth"?" McCain's $5,000 tax credit would be coming from cutting government spending and shrinking the government. Two things Obama is against. He is going to spend more money, greatly adding to the "Trillions of dollars debt" you are all bitching about, and increasing the size of the government. The government, like you all say about Bush's administration, should only be there to keep the country safe and let you do the rest. Obama's health care plan is MANDATORY. If you refuse to pay for something you don't want or can't afford you will be fined : /

As I've said before, America IS ready for a Black President. BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA IS NOT THAT PERSON. He hasn't released his birth certificate. He hasn't released his Harvard and Columbia school transcripts. There are a lot of things he hasn't come forward with. We don't even know if he WAS born in Hawaii. So how do we know he is who he says he is. How long did it take for Clinton to go back on his promise of not raising taxes? Let's see how long it takes BO...

McCain has openly answered everything thrown at him and I feel Palin has done extremely well considering the double standards and unfair media character assassinations. McCain spent more time being tortured and brutalized in a POW camp than Obama has in the senate. Only when Obama starting winning primaries/caucuses and became the Presidential nominee did he and his wife say their faith in America was vindicated and they love the country now. How can you in good conscience elect a man who only loves his country when he sees fit.

What worries me is that if Obama does get in is that he will be assinated by Neo Nazi white supremists.

It is always a tragedy when someone is assassinated. Lets hope that if it does happen it is painless.