Is God Real

Butters!

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha yeah I was really excited about the fact that it could be the end of the world, what a way to go! Kind of dissapointed nothing happened, but maybe in a few years...?

Those crazy scientists, what will they do next?

EDIT: On a more serious note, did you guys know that over 1000 people committed suicide because of this?

Edited by FallenClyro

They werent TRYING to purpsoly destroy the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took them 20 years, and £4 Billion to make, and accoring to the News, they havnt found anything that interesting yet. What a wast e of money...

Here's something: Why can't they just leave it? Trying to find out more about the universe should remain a mystery to us, I mean yeah, it's interesting that we can take a step forward in technology and find out all the answers, but getting the answers out from something like this is just something which is a waste of time. Best keeping it unknown, because then people can believe in the theory or god. I mean, if these scientists want to think the world was created from the Big Bang, then so be it, but proving it with these types of measures is potentially dangerous and causes a few people in the world to cause suicides or stuff like that.

Plus, they could even destroy someone's belief system for god, in which alot of people believe in.

EDIT: On a more serious note, did you guys know that over 1000 people committed suicide because of this?
Yeah Just heard in the news about a 11 or 12 year old girl who committed suicide after hearing this.
They werent TRYING to purpsoly destroy the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It took them 20 years, and £4 Billion to make, and accoring to the News, they havnt found anything that interesting yet. What a wast e of money...

Even if they did conduct the experiment its not like "Hey I'll fire up the Big hardon thing and I'll now what life was made from". Its going to take them years to work on that data, Just the data collected from today's run is going to take around 3-4years to work on.A cam kept capturing 80mil frames Per/sec and 19mil CDs worth of data was collected within the one one hour of testing.

*The figures can be wrong, I was a bit drowsy when the news was on but its should be similar

Here's something: Why can't they just leave it? Trying to find out more about the universe should remain a mystery to us, I mean yeah, it's interesting that we can take a step forward in technology and find out all the answers, but getting the answers out from something like this is just something which is a waste of time. Best keeping it unknown, because then people can believe in the theory or god. I mean, if these scientists want to think the world was created from the Big Bang, then so be it, but proving it with these types of measures is potentially dangerous and causes a few people in the world to cause suicides or stuff like that.

Plus, they could even destroy someone's belief system for god, in which alot of people believe in.

Finding the origin of our existence is a waste of time? Why? Because religion tells you what happened and you should blindly obey it? l2/Age of Reason

And those people deserve to live? Believe whatever the hell you want to, but if it is PROVEN that you are wrong and you're too immature to deal with it, your life is inconsequential.

Anyone notice the 3 earthquakes that happened today? Chile, Japan, and Indonesia?

5.0+, a bit weird. But I don't see any relation with the LHC, why would it cause earthquakes.

Those don't necessarily have to do with this I think. Like rem said they just sent one beam today.

Earthquakes happen everyday? (I'm not sure of this)

Finding the origin of our existence is a waste of time? Why? Because religion tells you what happened and you should blindly obey it? l2/Age of Reason

And those people deserve to live? Believe whatever the hell you want to, but if it is PROVEN that you are wrong and you're too immature to deal with it, your life is inconsequential.

I don't really consider it a waste of time...but why do you think it isn't? There are supposedly a lot of things we could learn from this if it all goes well...but that's it. It's not really gonna get us anywhere besides being able to put more info in textbooks.

I really never have understand how people can believe in something as stupid as religion.

"We don't know how that works, god did it!"

...I don't think people have really thought that way for over a thousand years... Besides, this "Big Bang Theory" actually supports the idea of their being a God/s even more so than the original idea that our universe has always been here. Just felt like pointing that out. TV does some good at times.

It would disprove a part of it, to a point. I mean. The Bible says God created Earth in 6 days (rested on the 7th). It's possible I suppose that he could have DONE the whole Big Bang Theory, but then that's where the evolutionists and christians separate.

If someone lies once, what stops them from lieing again? As in, if one thing is wrong (Bible) then what stops everything from being actual fact from fiction?

Ofcourse all my thinking is theoretical and I don't really care for the topic, I'm just kinda bored and figured I'd throw something in. Although I'd like to know (genuinely) why it wouldn't prove religion (We're talking from Christianity... all of them are different) wrong.