Is God Real

Butters!

So if I ate a banana 5 minutes ago and had it on video and you ate an apple 5 minutes ago when you were alone...that means I have more evidence that I ate a banana over the evidence that you ate an apple, which means you didn't actually eat an apple?

I'm asking what the evidence is that I'm apparently ignoring.

The fact that you ate the apple can be proved or dis-proved by a scientific analysis of your stomach.

But there's more evidence that I ate the banana. So since there's more evidence, he didn't really eat the apple. According to his explanation.

"If something actually has evidence (ALOT) it proves that you are wrong."

^ He doesn't give any details. He just says if something has a lot of evidence that it means whatever else is incorrect.

I'm wrong how? Because something has evidence? Evidence of what? That I'm incorrect?...Ok...what exactly is this evidence that is saying I'm incorrect? What did I say that is incorrect?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I ate a banana 5 minutes ago and had it on video and you ate an apple 5 minutes ago when you were alone...that means I have more evidence that I ate a banana over the evidence that you ate an apple, which means you didn't actually eat an apple?

I'm asking what the evidence is that I'm apparently ignoring.

The fact that you ate the apple can be proved or dis-proved by a scientific analysis of your stomach.

But there's more evidence that I ate the banana. So since there's more evidence, he didn't really eat the apple. According to his explanation.

"If something actually has evidence (ALOT) it proves that you are wrong."

^ He doesn't give any details. He just says if something has a lot of evidence that it means whatever else is incorrect.

I'm wrong how? Because something has evidence? Evidence of what? That I'm incorrect?...Ok...what exactly is this evidence that is saying I'm incorrect? What did I say that is incorrect?

Ok, i got some wording mixed up. But you completely ignored my Earth example.

The evidence we know (for example) is that the Earth is a lot older than a few thousands years old. This evidence proves Christianity wrong.

Therefore you did not eat the apple.

The big bang theory is just a theory, like faith unless you were there you really don't know. Just like God, unless you have his phone number in your five, you don't know if he is real. It boils down to a matter of faith. Many things are just a matter of faith and points of view. Science is just another religion, you either believe in it or you don't. Science can't answer all the questions and anyone who thinks they have all the answers are just egotists. Personally I am insulted by anyone who thinks man evolved from the apes or that God made man evolve from an ape. It is the most racist theory I have ever heard. It puts my race at the top of the evolutionary scale and depicts that the Asian and African are less evolved. I have more respect for my fellow human beings than to believe in such a perverse idea. At the end of the day, this debate is moot because you cannot convince a person who has faith in God to abandon his faith and put his hands in science. Just as you cannot sway the opinion of the egotist who thinks he has all the answers. I have faith that there is intelligent design behind the universe. We are not some microscopic dust speck in a slow motion explosion.

I'm sorry, but I lol'd when I read that. That was a rather crappy attempt at making evolutionists seem like bad people. What, do tell me, is racist about it? NO WHERE does it say certain humans are more evolved than others. It only puts humans above apes on the evolutionary scale.

And I love how you say "a person who has faith in God" and "the egotist who thinks he has all the answers". What about, "the guy who believes science is the way to go"? YOU sound like the egotist to me.

Why are you jesus lovers all like...saying shit over and over about fuck all, like it actually means something...there's more proof of god existing, than there isn't, can't be arsed explaining, drunk and tired...if you have a brain, you'll spare the fucking technical shit and accept what I said, none of this "Well yes, you just said one word that I could of easily changed to make everything clear, but I'll be a cunt and be like, oh yeah well there's some proof of god existing because I fucked an apple with a banana". Just fuck it, can't be arsed explaining.

Edited by Connor

Ok, i got some wording mixed up. But you completely ignored my Earth example.

The evidence we know (for example) is that the Earth is a lot older than a few thousands years old. This evidence proves Christianity wrong.

Therefore you did not eat the apple.

The only reason I ignored that, was because I didn't really have anything to say about that.

...and the age of the earth disproves God...how? If you're trying to just disprove Christianity because that's my religion, then you're obviously trying to change my opinion, my faith. Christianity isn't the only religion. So you have to come up with better answers than that to disprove all religions.

By the way, I didn't eat the apple. It was a fuckin' nanner. :P

Why are you jesus lovers all like...saying shit over and over about fuck all, like it actually means something...there's more proof of god existing, than there is, can't be arsed explaining, drunk and tired...if you have a brain, you'll spare the fucking technical shit and accept what I said, none of this "Well yes, you just said one word that I could of easily changed to make everything clear, but I'll be a cunt and be like, oh yeah well there's some proof of god existing because I fucked an apple with a banana". Just fuck it, can't be arsed explaining.

When the fuck did I say I wasn't going to explain something about my views on "science vs. religion"?

Just to let all of you know, my field of study involves loads of science...well physics mainly, so I don't think science is a lie or anything like that. I just don't think science and religion are in the same category. So I just don't like trying to compare the two and trying to determine which one is right or wrong. I think both of them are right, but I think science has its flaws and I think religion is taken too seriously. I take a lot of the stories as metaphores. Although, that doesn't mean I don't believe in Jesus and God.

The only reason I ignored that, was because I didn't really have anything to say about that.

...and the age of the earth disproves God...how? If you're trying to just disprove Christianity because that's my religion, then you're obviously trying to change my opinion, my faith. Christianity isn't the only religion. So you have to come up with better answers than that to disprove all religions.

By the way, I didn't eat the apple. It was a fuckin' nanner. tongue.gif

It disproves God because he apparently made earth only a few thousands years ago where people lived with dinosaurs. And that was just one example saying how religion is wrong about the creation of earth. There are too many evidence that disproves creationism that i can't list them all.

Disprove all religions? Evolution. There, that's about most religions out of the way. But then, if you really did believe in evolution we wouldn't be having this convo right now.

What you think:

EVOLUTION IS JUST A THEORY WITH FLAWS

RELIGION IS ALSO A THEORY WITH FLAWS

What the actual standards of amount of flaws are:

EVOLUTION IS JUST A THEORY WITH FLAWS +5000 for evidence | -100 for no physical evidence(?)

RELIGION IS ALSO A THEORY WITH FLAWS +0 for evidence | - 99999999.... for nothing but a story

It disproves God because he apparently made earth only a few thousands years ago where people lived with dinosaurs. And that was just one example saying how religion is wrong about the creation of earth. There are too many evidence that disproves creationism that i can't list them all.

Disprove all religions? Evolution. There, that's about most religions out of the way. But then, if you really did believe in evolution we wouldn't be having this convo right now.

What you think:

EVOLUTION IS JUST A THEORY WITH FLAWS

RELIGION IS ALSO A THEORY WITH FLAWS

What the actual standards of amount of flaws are:

EVOLUTION IS JUST A THEORY WITH FLAWS +5000 for evidence | -100 for no physical evidence(?)

RELIGION IS ALSO A THEORY WITH FLAWS +0 for evidence | - 99999999.... for nothing but a story

Bold: That doesn't disprove God, that disproves one little thing that is in the Bible. You have to disprove everything in the bible or any religious book to disprove it.

How does evolution disprove God or even religion for that matter? No one has ever given me a good reason why it does.

^Oh so most of the stuff in the bible is gibberish but God still exists. Of course.

Scientist once believed that an atomic bomb would destroy our atmosphere and that was disproven...so does that mean science is wrong since one thing was disproven?

EDIT: Since it's the Holiday season. Who here celebrates Christmas?

Edited by Harwood Butcher

Why did the scientist believe it could destroy the atmosphere? That is called a hypothesis. We disprove things all the time. That is what makes science, science.

But religion just sticks to the idea. Bad comparison.

EDIT: Also, science can disprove probably everything in the bible. Not one. Read this to get an idea

Does putting up a Christmas tree means to celebrate christmas?

Edited by Slyde

Why did the scientist believe it could destroy the atmosphere? That is called a hypothesis. We disprove things all the time. That is what makes science, science.

But religion just sticks to the idea. Bad comparison.

EDIT: Also, science can disprove probably everything in the bible. Not one. Read this to get an idea

Does putting up a Christmas tree means to celebrate christmas?

Yeah, I'll read that tomorrow. It's Christmas now and I'm taking a break from all this debating for a day.

MERRY CHRISTMAS! (to those of you that celebrate it)

^Oh so most of the stuff in the bible is gibberish but God still exists. Of course.

Scientist once believed that an atomic bomb would destroy our atmosphere and that was disproven...so does that mean science is wrong since one thing was disproven?

EDIT: Since it's the Holiday season. Who here celebrates Christmas?

Like, I read over this topic cause chris82 told me to and this is actually pretty lulzy. Not just this post (not singling you out AT ALL) but in general. I quoted you because here's my response:

If one thing is wrong in the bible, it's pretty much like all things are wrong in the bible. Unless some things are meant to be uhh what the fuck is that poetry/literature word... hold on... metaphorical, which some of the bible is, then that's different. I'd need to know the exact example you're taking from the bible to see if it's metaphorical... I couldn't judge it obviously but an analyst could. That still wouldn't prove shit.

Honestly, from what I believe, if one thing is wrong in the bible, everything is wrong in the bible. It just seems like it was created for people to lead a non harmful life by creating these concequences by God. That just makes the most sense to me, just my opinion.

I'm going to hell x2 for writing this all on Christmas day.

Merry Christmas etc.

If one thing is wrong in the bible, what's different about anything else in the bible? If it has one thing that isn't right in it, then it isn't right.

And all the things to support evolution, etc. They are all completely understandable, unlike God, etc. And have never been disproved. Just had a bunch of Christi-fags going over and over the same thing, just so they won't have to accept that there is no fucking God.

Bold: That doesn't disprove God, that disproves one little thing that is in the Bible. You have to disprove everything in the bible or any religious book to disprove it.

How does evolution disprove God or even religion for that matter? No one has ever given me a good reason why it does.

Sorry, I still think this argument is pointless. I really didn't want to get back into this but...

Hardwood is basically expressing what every person with faith wants to know. How can you go about disproving anything with the scientific method? The scientific method is there to ponder and prove data not to disprove it. True scientists study to prove their theories not to disprove them. So basically you have two groups people who have faith in science and people who have faith in their religion and neither of you will "win" the debate.

Once more I will try my best to explain, you cannot say God doesn't exist because it is impossible to know unless you are God. The reason you keep coming back to debate the nonexistance of God is your ego. You cannot condone that there is something better than you, and yet you have doubt in yourself. People like Hardwood Butcher has faith and faith requires no proof. The Bible and all other religious text written by the hand of men are no more than the tools of their faith. However people with faith who argue the existance of God are just as troubled by reassuring themselves by trying to convert others to their belief system.

I know what I believe and I know it to be true and I won't try to convince others to believe as I do. There was a statement made by the one you call Jesus in the Bible. It was true then and it is true today. It is up to each man to work out his own salvation with fear and trembling. I don't think Hardwood is try to convert anyone but he is asking the question incorrectly and keeps getting the same lame replies.

A: They don't need to disprove the existance of God they want us to prove the existance of God. But with proof there is no need for faith and faith is the trial by which God judges us all.

If you continue to debate this topic all of you should at least study so that you can give intellegent answers and not use vulgarities just to prove you lack of reason.

If people want to say that God exists, then other people can say God doesn't exist.

In my opinion, God may exist, but he's not going to exist as how religions like Christianity and Islam say. The only thing I think God is, is everything.

At the moment nothing proves that God exists at all, expecially with Christianity and Islam and what we're trying to say is that things like evolution have proof that we can understand completely well, Christanity and Islam only have a book that tells stories.

I'm not trying to say that you can't believe in it or anything like that, just if you're going to say that God exists, we're obviously going to say God doesn't exist.

^Exactly, we don't know.

The scientific method is there to ponder and prove data not to disprove it. True scientists study to prove their theories not to disprove them.

I don't know why you people keep saying science can't prove if god exists. No it can't, but it can definitely prove that it isn't any of the ones we know.

So what you are saying is (for example):

Science finds origins, age, and whatever we now know of earth. It gives us knowledge more about this world. However this does not disprove that God created it in 7 days.

The reason you keep coming back to debate the nonexistance of God is your ego. You cannot condone that there is something better than you, and yet you have doubt in yourself.

This was nothing about ego, I'm not an athiest. I still think there is something up there. I'm just saying, what kind of God creates Adam and Eve and the talking snake or the fact you must wear weird clothing over your heads etc. It frustrates me just how people can go along with these things.

If you continue to debate this topic all of you should at least study so that you can give intellegent answers and not use vulgarities just to prove you lack of reason.

The irony is killing me.

The reason you keep coming back to debate the nonexistance of God is your ego. You cannot condone that there is something better than you, and yet you have doubt in yourself.

What? The fact that atheists don't believe in God is due to the fact that the commonly described God doesn't make sense. Agnostics question the existence of God, Atheists believe there is none. I debate because I enjoy it and it's fun to see people argue their respective points. What I don't enjoy is people who have little knowledge about a subject yet constantly belittle it.

More people have been murdered in the name of God than for any other reason. Thou shalt not kill...unless those you kill don't love the same invisible man you do!

If Cain and Able where Adam and Eves only children, how come there are Billions of people on earth today? :huh:

Well Butters! many people including those who follow the Bible get all hung up and bent on this one. Where did Cain's wife come from? How did this woman appear in the land of Nod? If you have a Bible handy ---brb I have to look in my bookshelves--- Genesis 1:26 states "And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: ...." Then verse 27 reads "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he create him; male and female created he them Notice how it reads "them" as plural. This would indicated that Adam and Eve weren't the first people just special people. I had a Jewish text around here someplace but I think it got loaned out and is not coming back. But the point is, there are many beliefs about the "Garden of Eden" including one where Adam's first wife was named Lilith and she didn't work out so well and became a demonic spirit ... blah blah blah... Most theologists will point out the 26th and 27th verse as proof that there were other people in the world who did not live in Eden. It is interesting to study all the different points of view but again unless you were there we cannot say. None of these things are important if Adam and Eve were actual people or the story is accurate or not. This is not an attempt to answer the question but just to tell you that you must seek your own answer. Through study and personal experience I have found mine.

This was nothing about ego, I'm not an athiest. I still think there is something up there. I'm just saying, what kind of God creates Adam and Eve and the talking snake or the fact you must wear weird clothing over your heads etc. It frustrates me just how people can go along with these things.

This is why I really don't care to debate these issues people will always misunderstand my answers and they read something they think is somehow directed at them on some personal level.

So I finish up here ---for what I hope to be my last post in this very odd thread--- all beings in this universe come to question why they are here. I found the answer quicker than most. Most of you follow the teachings of some one you respect like a parent or a teacher. At some point in your life you will have a very personal experience. When that happens you are given a gift, a peek behind the magician's curtain and you will be in awe. Some of you will later reject the experience as though it did not exist. Others will misunderstand and try very hard to place it within their current belief system. Others yet will desire to know more about it and study as I have. You cannot share a personal experience it will come without warning and go just as quick. My advice to all is stay away from the man with all the answers, he also has the poisoned kool-aid and wants you to share a trip on the UFO behind the comet. I will be 15 this March and my Dad has said that my wisdom has surpassed his own. Both my Mom and Dad are Methodists, I am not. But my Dad told me a few years ago that the poorest man is one without faith he has nothing to look forward to and worries if the Sun will rise the next day.

THE END! :clapping: