Should we LEGALIZE Drugs?

Vercetti Thug

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an interesting topic. I don't smoke or drink. But I am hearing a lot of you are teens around my age. I am also reading that many of you are for "natural drugs". Not chemically made like crystal meth. But here is something to think about. Cocaine, marijuana, and peyote are plants all you need to do is smoke it or eat it. The toxins (yes poison) of these plants have altering effect on your body chemistry. These effects don't just go away when you stop. My dad drinks coffee to get woke up in the morning even coffee is a plant that alters his body chemistry. He requires a cup of coffee every morning or he has trouble functioning. In fact, LSD is made from rye bread mold (don't start eating moldy bread it doesn't work) another all natural product. I know my brother was being sarcastic, but we believe nothing should be illegal. No person has the right to impose his moral values on another. If someone wants to ride a motorcycle without a helmet then so be it. All I can do is look at him and say, someday they will be scooping your brains up off the freeway. But beyond that I have no right to enforce him to wear a brain bucket. Many of you have stated the fact that weed is not addictive, true enough, but it is habit forming. And long term exposure may not kill you like alcohol and cigs, but there will be a noticeable change in your brain chemistry. I have an uncle in his 50's who has smoked weed most of his life. Talking to him is like talking to a bag of rocks. If doing drugs is your escape or fun thing then I have no right to enforce my opinions on you, but I live my life chemically free as possible.

Except that the drugs would have a much bigger boost on the economy.

The war on illegal firearms kind of ties in with the war on drugs. It's the bigger gangs that usually get ahold and do them. Honestly it's like something GTA type. Not so fictiony, of course, but yeah. Cocaine is deprived from Coca... man made substances are added to it to make cocaine.

I have an uncle in his 50's who has smoked weed most of his life. Talking to him is like talking to a bag of rocks.

I know what you mean there. There's kids that're younger than me you can barely talk to. They're all slow talking. "heyyyy mayyn. wanna smoke sum weeeeeed?" it's ridiculous. Yes I've smoked before, no I haven't in a good while.. and don't plan on it. I had two blunts my first time and I had decent side effects. Next day at work was horrible, I couldn't remember anything. I've came out of that now, but yeah. I'm sure if you smoke TONS then you won't for a long time.

edit: Cannabis was originally used for healing, though. Drug abuse ftl.

Cannabis was originally used for healing, though. Drug abuse ftl.

So was heroin, most of the drugs were used in medicine ( drugs take the pain away or at least they give you the sensation they did ).

Of course, it happened the same thing it did with dynamite. All nice and fluffy 'till someone used it to do bad things.

Did anyone address the boost in the economy it would have? I mean, let the idiots smoke, and let the smart guys take advantage, and boom, USA's a better place for the smart guys. It's happening anyway, wherever you go or wherever you look, there's stuff like this happening all the time. Though its not good morally, and could destroy a person, I dont think this law would make any significant difference except the boost.

Only things that are natrully grown, and have a limiton how much you are allowed to smoke, and where you are allowed to smoke. Not Man Made drugs, as they can easily kill you.

You do know cocaine is a plant right..... and.... it can kill you....

OK, fine.

If we allow Cannabis, the 'thrill' of doing it (as far as lawbreaking is concerned) will disappear. Enter hard drugs, as an alternative the the previous 'thrill' of what we consider 'soft' drugs.

Not everyone who smokes cannabis does it to break the law. I smoke pot because I like it. I think it's ridiculous that people do it just to 'break the law', and I hope people that do it to break the law get into drugs, and then I can laugh at them when they die.

Anyway,

Legalize cannabis ftw.

Ahaha, I remember that other topic where we said we wouldn't do drugs. Looks like we both turned into potheads :hurrhurr:

Anyways yeah, legalizing weed wouldn't be too bad for the world, restrictions would be made the government wouldn't be idiotic about it. I think one day it might happen, but not for a while. I'll come back and comment after I go to school.

Only things that are natrully grown, and have a limiton how much you are allowed to smoke, and where you are allowed to smoke. Not Man Made drugs, as they can easily kill you.

OK, fine.

If we allow Cannabis, the 'thrill' of doing it (as far as lawbreaking is concerned) will disappear. Enter hard drugs, as an alternative the the previous 'thrill' of what we consider 'soft' drugs.

Not everyone who smokes cannabis does it to break the law. I smoke pot because I like it. I think it's ridiculous that people do it just to 'break the law', and I hope people that do it to break the law get into drugs, and then I can laugh at them when they die.

Anyway,

Legalize cannabis ftw.

I don't doubt that, but drug users might consider weed 'boring' or too soft for them. It's like the transition from smoking cigarettes to drugs. It's all about image, and the harder drugs you do, the cooler you are (obviously) Like, if you take heroin, you get a 1000 inch cock, which makes you better than everyone else. Ketamine users only have 800 inch cock, so they're not as cool.

Well you can't say that for everyone. Like I don't think I'll ever do another drug as often as weed, I probably will end up trying a few but never doing them daily or something like that. Of course everyone is different, some people are so sucked into what others think of them and make choices based on other people's thoughts. Maybe that is one of the main reasons the government won't legalize any drugs because it will encourage people that "drugs are good" so they should do harder drugs and eventually everyone would be meth heads. Once again, not everyone would do this but the government wouldn't take that risk.

Herion/Opium is made from poppies, shame really I love those flowers. If booze became illegal it would be bound to be an A Class drug because of the horrible side effects. Maybe weed should be legalized but not just handed out on a silver platter. It should be regulated but also stop all the rubbish like bleach and hairspray put into it. No other drug should be legalized to be honest, my personal opinion. I have done weed, no effect on me for some reason so I wouldn't bother again. Sadly drugs being illegal never stop people, most of my friends do hard drugs and the lengths they go to are just disgusting.

When you smoke a cigars you usually don't smoke just one, you smoke the whole pack if you are addicted to it ... Whilst just one marijuana cigar is enough, granted you'll have problems if you smoke more <_< One cigar makes you smoke another, and another and so on, enough for you to make cancer, with marijuana it's different, you smoke it for fun ( the only drug not causing addiction ). Many people say they smoke cigarettes just for fun ... Yeah right! <_<

Right, so people can't become addicted because the smoke a joint and then stop? What about bongs, pipes, hot boxing, etc?

I know it's a comedy, but watch Half Baked. There are people who are really like that.

I've got a coworker who did so many drugs in his younger days he has little to no memories about the 1980's.

You can become addicted to pot, easily. The same way you can with tobacco and alcohol, which is legal. Hence why I said I don't think I'd have a problem with pot being legalized. But you'd have to have strict laws against driving whilst having smoking recently.

A good friend of mine used to smoke weed a lot. He quit when his GF got pregnant. And even though his daughter is now 5 years old, he still misses smoking it. Was he "addicted" no, he quit, but he sure as hell didn't want to.

I don't think everyone smokes tobacco because they are addicted. Some like the taste, the feeling, etc.

Why anyone wants to put a stick that's on fire in their mouths is beyond me though.

I don't think everyone smokes tobacco because they are addicted. Some like the taste, the feeling, etc.

Why anyone wants to put a stick that's on fire in their mouths is beyond me though.

Same here, I just don't get it.

Now, many of my friends say they smoke just "for fun", yeah right <_< , also many people say they will quit smoking while they light their ciggarettes.

NO, people don't like the taste/feeling of tobacco, but it's the nicotine that gives them the feeling they do, once you smoke, you don't realize nicotine is in your brain, you just assume you smoke for fun or like doing it. For example, youngsters, ask a young smoker if they're addicted ... Few or none will say they are addics.

Let them think they smoke for fun, we know they're addics.

OK, fine.

Anyway,

Legalize cannabis ftw.

Ahaha, I remember that other topic where we said we wouldn't do drugs. Looks like we both turned into potheads :hurrhurr:

Anyways yeah, legalizing weed wouldn't be too bad for the world, restrictions would be made the government wouldn't be idiotic about it. I think one day it might happen, but not for a while. I'll come back and comment after I go to school.

Hahh. Yeah, I guess. We should toke up. :)

I've been sober for about 2 months now though. I just went cold turkey. I don't smoke weed, do drugs, or drink alcohol.

OK, fine.

Anyway,

Legalize cannabis ftw.

I don't doubt that, but drug users might consider weed 'boring' or too soft for them. It's like the transition from smoking cigarettes to drugs. It's all about image, and the harder drugs you do, the cooler you are (obviously) Like, if you take heroin, you get a 1000 inch cock, which makes you better than everyone else. Ketamine users only have 800 inch cock, so they're not as cool.

Yeah, I know what you mean. I don't get how some people will do that though, it's dumb.

Maybe illegalize alcohol and cigarettes? Keep everything else illegal too? Meh, I have no idea.

Edited by Nate14

I've had a few puffs from cigarettes before but nothing more and the only times I tried them I was high. I'm not addicted but I think it's nice to mix up the two every once in a while.

Cigarettes are $8 a pack. Thats crack pricess. If they make cocaine not illegal and make cigarettes illegal sooner or later people are going to start sucking dick for a cig.

I really don't want drugs to be legalized. I even want Cigarettes and Tobacco to be banned. It's bad for the health and will cause more trouble for the youth. Like they will get addicted, they'll get mote and more, they'll owe the dealers cash, and the cops wouldn't be able to do anything about it. But after i write this, I'm afraid that many people will call me a geek or stuff cause I hate drugs. Happened once.

Me not doing drugs is okay with most people. However, some people can't understand why I don't drink any alcohol.

I don't like it when others are smoking when I am near. Sometimes, when out wuth my parents that happens, and i dislike that because it gets into my system through my mouth and nose.

I think if drugs were legal, fewer people would do them, cos with many it is the illegal factor that make people think its cool - they are breaking the rules.