Should we LEGALIZE Drugs?

Vercetti Thug

Marijuana should absolutely be legalized, it's already de-criminalized in my state.

But you can still be arrested for it. Federal law > State law.

I tend to agree that marijuana should be the only drug "legalized". However I would like to say that you can get addicted to it (people are addicted to alcohol and cigarettes) after all. And some studies have shown that pot is just as, if not more dangerous for your lungs as cigarettes. Since they aren't filtered, and many people don't know what else is in the weed.

Ah, but studies have shown that THC can kill cancerous cells, not only helping with lung cancer, but other cancers, too.

I don't think they should be legalised. I have been told by many teachers that drugs are just as bad as alcohol.

I've been told by many alcoholics that they are entirely independent of alcohol and just drink to relax. What's your point?

Only things that are natrully grown, and have a limiton how much you are allowed to smoke, and where you are allowed to smoke. Not Man Made drugs, as they can easily kill you.

Why? Tobacco doesn't have a limit on how much you can smoke.

You do know cocaine is a plant right..... and.... it can kill you....

Yes, but it's still altered. You can grow marijuana, harvest it, and smoke it. Without any type of alteration, and still get a good effect from it.

OK, fine.

If we allow Cannabis, the 'thrill' of doing it (as far as lawbreaking is concerned) will disappear. Enter hard drugs, as an alternative the the previous 'thrill' of what we consider 'soft' drugs.

But, then we can still arrest those people. It would be weeding out the recreational smokers from the rebellious anti-parent teeny boppers.

I have done weed, no effect on me for some reason so I wouldn't bother again. Sadly drugs being illegal never stop people, most of my friends do hard drugs and the lengths they go to are just disgusting.

First time I smoked I didn't really feel anything at all.

Same here, I just don't get it.

Now, many of my friends say they smoke just "for fun", yeah right <_< , also many people say they will quit smoking while they light their ciggarettes.

NO, people don't like the taste/feeling of tobacco, but it's the nicotine that gives them the feeling they do, once you smoke, you don't realize nicotine is in your brain, you just assume you smoke for fun or like doing it. For example, youngsters, ask a young smoker if they're addicted ... Few or none will say they are addics.

Let them think they smoke for fun, we know they're addics.

You're an idiot. I smoke Djarum brand cigarettes. Mainly, the Djarum Blacks, which are HIGHLY noted for their taste. Djarum mainly produces kretek cigarettes((cigarettes with cloves in them)), but we have a pack of Blacks right now with just tobacco((class a aged tobacco, yes, it tastes good)). I smoke them because they taste delicious, and give me a nice buzz, which is nice in car rides, or while getting high.

Oh, and BTW, the cloves are in there for more than just taste. They are an anesthetic. So it gives you more than just a regular nicotine buzz.

I've had a few puffs from cigarettes before but nothing more and the only times I tried them I was high. I'm not addicted but I think it's nice to mix up the two every once in a while.

They do go great together. It stretches your expensive weed.

Cigarettes are $8 a pack. Thats crack pricess. If they make cocaine not illegal and make cigarettes illegal sooner or later people are going to start sucking dick for a cig.

Live in the north, I assume? We spend no more than 5 and a half dollars on our cigarettes, and they aren't crappy tobacco like most. They cost 1-2 dollars more than standard cigarettes, and about twice as much as crappy ones.

Legalize weed, the only reason it is illegal is because the govt. can't make money off it, theres too much in circulation and it's too easy to grow.

ACTUALLY, the only reason it was illegal to begin with, involves a high case of racism and discrimination.

Legalize weed. Leave the hard shit out of it.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, but studies have shown that THC can kill cancerous cells, not only helping with lung cancer, but other cancers, too.

True, another reason I think legalizing it would be ok.

Just trying to point out that pot isn't harmless...

My friend that smoked used to tell me the wondrous benefits of pot smoking, and how much safer it is than cigarettes to your lungs. So yeah...

But I agree with you Spaz.

True, another reason I think legalizing it would be ok.

Just trying to point out that pot isn't harmless...

My friend that smoked used to tell me the wondrous benefits of pot smoking, and how much safer it is than cigarettes to your lungs. So yeah...

But I agree with you Spaz.

Yeah, I've always said smoking pot is harmless even with knowing it can cause((but also prevent))cancer(s). :/

Well, it is less harmful((using the term "healthier" makes it sound like it's good for you)) than cigarettes in my opinion... However, breathing the air on our planet isn't exactly healthy itself.

And yes, there are benefits to it, but that doesn't mean you need to stone yourself out all the time. We have associates who like to see how long they can stay high.... They've stayed STONED for a week straight. I can't make it past 24-48 hours. After that, I need to sleep it off, eat some breakfast, and chill out SOBER for at LEAST 12 hours. Very least. I can't stand constantly being high.

Besides, giving yourself time to sober up makes the next high feel better.

• 2 weeks later...

CLARIFICATION: Marijuana does NOT lead to harder drugs. It leads to carpentry, just look at all the stuff Spaz made

bongs from! :P (JK)

Seriously speaking from nearly 20 years delivering pizza I think alcohol is worse than pot. Delivering to someone who

was stoned, the worst I had to deal w/ was some a little slow but glad to see me. Drunks on the other hand... the main

reason I kept a katana & handgun stashed in the car. Having said that, I'll point out that we (USA) tried to ban alcohol

& that was an epic fail. If pot were legal it could be regulated & sold under the same restrictions & regulations as alcohol

& tobacco for probably around $20 a pack from a reliable source. Bad surprises like spiking would leave you w/ legal

recourse. Farmers would have a profitable crop. The tax revenue would probably pay off a lot of the national dept.

I think if someone is responsible enough to be trusted w/ a beer they can be trusted to act responsibly w/ a joint.

For the record, I'm allergic to cigarette smoke & have no interest in blazing up myself.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Most people have no self control and cannot handle drugs. Legalizing them would cause all sorts of shit, idiots are everywhere, and instead of getting drunk and beating people up theyd get into harder drugs and it would be even worse.

Okay, read the topic. No one is suggesting((anymore)) to legalize all drugs. It's just about marijuana now. And idiots wouldn't get worse, they'd just have something else to make them stupid.

Does no one realize how bad alcohol is?

Tried weed, Enjoy it. Do it when ever i can now. $15 a gram ;P

Can't stand cigarettes!

Yeah, I think weed should be legalized. No where near as bad as people make it out to be.

Isn't a gram just 1.0? You should be paying 10 dollars buddy... :P

Now it's $20 ;P

New dealer. Last weed was laced.

Can't stand cigarettes!

Yeah, I think weed should be legalized. No where near as bad as people make it out to be.

Now it's $20 ;P

New dealer. Last weed was laced.

Ah. You buddy, need to get it for a better price.

Can't stand cigarettes!

It depends what kind it is, if its higher quality bud then it's going to be more money.

THEY SHOULD LEGALIZE MARIJUANA. NO DOUBT. I SMOKE THE SHIT OUT OF SOME WEED. THEY SHOULD SELL IT LIKE CIGARETTES.

Alright, looks like we have some smart people to set an example for it anyway.

THEY SHOULD LEGALIZE MARIJUANA. NO DOUBT. I SMOKE THE SHIT OUT OF SOME WEED. THEY SHOULD SELL IT LIKE CIGARETTES.

Sounds like you are addicted.

I still say NO, Cannabis should not be legalized.

It is bad for the health no matter what you think it is.

Edited by Scientist

Lol this has turned into a stoner thread. Today was the usual day of smoking good old BC bud.

Ah, no idea what BC bud is so I looked on wikipedia lol. It's British Columbia bud, right? :P

I Just got a 40 sack of Sour Diesel. :)

Hell yes, and its supposed to have some of the best weed in the world now I haven't tried weed anywhere else but just saying: it's good... REALLY good. :hurrhurr:

Then we need to criminalize tobacco and alcohol.... And bad for your health? Fine. Let's criminalize McDonald's and Burger King while we are at it. Why is it that smokers can't jeopardize their health((and help it at the same time, look it up, people)), but fat asses can eat at McDonald's everyday and get fatter and fatter while blaming it on genetics? This is bullshit.

Thats what I would say when people say to me "Oh you smoke, thats bad. Your will die because of it!" I just ask them how much alcohol they drink, (They seem to get pissed all the time to the point of being sick). I tell them then they will die of liver damage. It just annoys me.

Then we need to criminalize tobacco and alcohol.... And bad for your health? Fine. Let's criminalize McDonald's and Burger King while we are at it. Why is it that smokers can't jeopardize their health((and help it at the same time, look it up, people)), but fat asses can eat at McDonald's everyday and get fatter and fatter while blaming it on genetics? This is bullshit.

McDonald's and BK are bad for the health too, but smoking and alcohol are addictive while MD and BK are not (I think).

McDonald's and BK are bad for the health too, but smoking and alcohol are addictive while MD and BK are not (I think).

Then we still need to criminalize tobacco and booze. And actually, McDonald's has addicting additives in their food ;)

For the record, I eat McDonald's, I smoke cigs and marijuana, and I occasionally drink. I'm not addicted to any of the above. I am, however, addicted to caffeine.... The cheapest of the bunch, luckily?

I think drugs should be legalized. Even though I don't do em or support anyone who does... I just think, if they want to put their lives in danger. Hell, let em! We have too many people in the world anyway.

I think the only reason that the government made them illegal is because they do em and they don't wanna share :P

Maybe there could be restrictions... But they shouldn't be illegal.

I think drugs should be legalized. Even though I don't do em or support anyone who does... I just think, if they want to put their lives in danger. Hell, let em! We have too many people in the world anyway.

I think the only reason that the government made them illegal is because they do em and they don't wanna share :P

Actually, Mexicans brought marijuana to America, and the criminalization of it was just a reason to deport them.

Racism criminalized marijuana.

Actually, Mexicans brought marijuana to America, and the criminalization of it was just a reason to deport them.

What about the other countries? I think it was incriminated here because in the world war, people were to chilled on weed to fight :P Everyone should smoke it in that case (Besides the already relaxed... Me)

What about the other countries? I think it was incriminated here because in the world war, people were to chilled on weed to fight :P Everyone should smoke it in that case (Besides the already relaxed... Me)

They were smoking it in the Vietnam war, so it's possible that it could've had something to do with it.