Recommended GTA IV system requirements

Chris

The official Games for Windows website has added a page for GTA IV. On it they've included the recommended system requirements for the game, no minimum specs have been included though so we may have to take this with a pinch of salt for the time being. Here's what they're suggesting:

Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better)

RAM: 2GB

Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space

Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader

Drive: DVD-ROM dual-layer drive

Not sure if your computer is up to the task? For some weeks now we've had a thread on the forums for just that. Will my PC run GTA IV? Here you can post your specs and read our own best estimations at the specs, and some of our more knowledgeable members will do their best to advise on any upgrades we think you may need.

Thanks GTAGaming.

EDIT: The information appears to have been removed from the Games for Windows site. The reason for this is currently unknown.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This sucks, I don't meet them by a longshot (and really didn't expect to, but there was at least an ounce of hope in me). I'm going to wait it out and make sure there is some good modding support before I actually decide whether or not I want to upgrade my PC.

By the way there are two new screenshots on there as well :)

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Publi...taivscreen1.jpg

http://www.gamesforwindows.com/en-US/Publi...taivscreen2.jpg

Edited by rappo

Crysis is 6.89 GB.

They better have some high-res textures.

RAM schould be fine for XP. Vista will need 3 GB though, I think...

And their CPU and Graphic Card specifications mean practically jack if you ask me.

But sounds pretty reasonable, with exception of the HDD space needed, but I don't care about that, just justifies buying that 1TB HDD I wanted and hopefully means they won't have those blurry textures this time 'round.

Crysis is 6.89 GB.

They better have some high-res textures.

RAM schould be fine for XP. Vista will need 3 GB though, I think...

And their CPU and Graphic Card specifications mean practically jack if you ask me.

But sounds pretty reasonable, with exception of the HDD space needed, but I don't care about that, just justifies buying that 1TB HDD I wanted and hopefully means they won't have those blurry textures this time 'round.

blurry textures, what version r u playing i didnt notice any blurry textures, except on the ps3 stuff about 10 ft away looked blurry

Processor: Dual core processor (Intel Pentium D or better) -I have AMD Athlon 64 3500+ ~2.2ghz, is this fine?

RAM: 2GB - I have 1.5GB

Hard Drive: 18GB free hard disk space - I don't think it will be actual size, real size will be like 5-8GB.

Video Card: 512MB Direct3D 10 compatible video card or Direct3D 9 card compatible with Shader - What is Shader? Like Shader Model 3 or something? If so I gotta get new video card.

Firstly, you posted in CAPS, which is ugly and stupid, then... you posted info that everyone has posted before, in caps.

Then, you basically told admins to take it off the front page.. they'll do it when and if they want to, not on your whim.

And at the time of posting, the GFW site still had the info, now that's developed, the admins will choose to edit it, or remove it. When they choose to, not when you, me, Jesus, or anyone else says they have to.