Recommended GTA IV system requirements

Chris

Firstly, you posted in CAPS, which is ugly and stupid, then... you posted info that everyone has posted before, in caps.

Then, you basically told admins to take it off the front page.. they'll do it when and if they want to, not on your whim.

Caps? i copy pasted that Caps thing from GFW website, if they wrote on caps then wat i can do? email them and request them not to write anything in caps?

Edited by Farhan Master

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Firstly, you posted in CAPS, which is ugly and stupid, then... you posted info that everyone has posted before, in caps.

Then, you basically told admins to take it off the front page.. they'll do it when and if they want to, not on your whim.

Caps? i copy pasted that Caps thing from GFW website, if they wrote on caps then wat i can do? email them and request them not to write anything in caps?

You could acknowledge you're spamming by posting shit we all already know, and not post at all.

To put it simply, don't order us staff around. We do it when we want to and if you can't accept the fact that it's not gone, then go. I'm guessing other sites have kept it up as well, so we don't really need to remove it, do we? It could come useful for future references...

Getting back on topic: Well, since there is some sort of specs here, I could get something higher than that.

Aww, I need another gig of RAM and it ihnk if i wanted gta4 on my pc i should make more room cuz itd be in the super lagg zone.

Too bad... i also wanna know how to get another gig of RAM in a laptop, but itd expire my warranty.

@Farhan:Uhm... Your point is? Your laughing your ass off about a guy being straight? Well thats smart...

Edited by auygjhsagy

you can put another gb of ram in your laptop, laptop uses so-dimm usually, you just have to find out if its ddr or ddr2

it'd be abit harder than for a desktop of course, and yes it will make your warranty invalid, so check with the manufacturer, maybe you can send it to them to have 1gb added, and you keep your warranty

lol farhan do you ever think before you click post?

Edited by WRX22B1998

you can put another gb of ram in your laptop, laptop uses so-dimm usually, you just have to find out if its ddr or ddr2

it'd be abit harder than for a desktop of course, and yes it will make your warranty invalid, so check with the manufacturer, maybe you can send it to them to have 1gb added, and you keep your warranty

lol farhan do you ever think before you click post?

hmmm my first question... WTF is a ddr? lol srry i dont have a 2nd

oh well i mine aswell give up i didnt rrly plan on buying it for PC lol i was just checking. I guees ill wait until xmas.

OK, simplified.

For at least 6 years now we've got the so called "DDR" memory. Might even be longer, no idea, but for this it doesn't matter anyway.

So, just assume all memory (RAM) is called DDR x. x will be the number for the version. Newest is DDR 3, but you don't need that. Only benchmarks really show the big difference, for gaming you're fine with high-end DDR2 (low end too BTW). High-end DDR2 costs less than DDR3 low, so just forget about DDR3.

Well, each has their own DIMM slots. Mem banks. Those things you can put your RAM in. With their own I mean, each version has a slightly different DIMM.

03-mobo_dimms.jpg

6 DIMMS here. It's probably a nehalem board or something. If you don't know what that is, it doesn't matter. You probably have 4 slots. I don't think you'll have more then that. You'd know it if you did (since it's something pretty special).

Soo... DDR2 doesn't fit in DDR3 slots. Your mobo is built for a specific version of DDR, you'll need to get that type of RAM. I think CPU-Z can show you which "version" you are using. Just google it.

Disconnect your computer once and open the case up. Look around and compare it with pictures on the web. Upgrading RAM is very, very easy. It's much easier than you'd imagine it to be. For me it is something like a 2 minute job. For a normal case I don't think it's going to take longer than 10 minutes. 15 being the absolute max. Just press the RAM strip into the slot. That's all. Very, very easy.

But what are your specs? If you've got a slow CPU or GPU, the extra RAM isn't really going to help.

^ good explanation. but uhh

the thing is, he has a laptop, so its not as simple as checking if you have ddr ram on a desktop, since desktop you just take off one side of the case, but laptop would be a whole lot harder i would imagine...

i doubt he would have DDR3, is that even in laptops yet?