Space Travel in GTA

GTA6595

we have already seen Commercial Airflight, Military bases, and millions of vehicles, but how does it sound to be able to hight jack a NASA space shuttle and go to space. I dont know, but if it happened it would be sick, you could go to the Moon or even a Space base.

Totally unrealistic. I mean, yes they have a Jetpack, but why a space shuttle? You can see the player opening the shuttle and going into space, not knowing that he/she die if he/she enters space.

How the hell would he/she return to the hospital like all games?

ok lets be more realistic. how the hell does someone blow up and survive when they go to the hospital. No one cares and, heres another thing to make it realistic. A player could get a job, like a cop or a military officer. once a player gets a pilots license they could then work to become an astronaut. The only way to get in one of the ships is to have an astronaut status and a space suit you can get at the base.

Grand Theft International space station?

Rewind... to... stealing a shuttle....

Rewind to... how????

Let's say that we play BioShock.. except we want to go out of rapture into the real world, where people aren't genetic uberpeople, have jobs, and invite their friend Margaret over for tea. it would suck... so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so, badly.

Apply the above theory to GTA, and going into space.

^Shoot coxing' aliens :P

A player could get a job, like a cop or a military officer. once a player gets a pilots license they could then work to become an astronaut. The only way to get in one of the ships is to have an astronaut status and a space suit you can get at the base.

GTA = Grand Theft Auto

AND NOT

Governments' True Allies

Protagonists of GTA's Don't have a fixed job [Don't remind me of Niko, I know]....thats why they're protagonists in the game, other wise, you would have been playing Virtua Cop or C.O.D.

why the hell do you want it in GTA?? go play mass effect and blast the moon all you want.

it's not a matter of realism, i mean a criminal game set in a galaxy??? it's not right for GTA

but hey, i'm just saying. it's only my opinion but i'm sure some of the guys will agree that they would rather have the gym training features back rather than a GTA with a space shuttle.

ok what does a jetpack have to do with the game. What does a lot of things have to do with the game. I just thiunk if you went to space it would be pretty cool. They could even have a free mode in GTA so it makes more sense to do things like that. Going to space would be cool, you have too admit. All of you people say its not realistic, but like I already said, blowing up and surviving in the hospital is not realistic. Geeze just give the idea a chance.

This would work better in other games such as Duke Nukem...but not GTA.

GTA is mainly about organized crime. So going into outer space would not only be unrealistic, but pointless as well.

It takes loads of highly trained and highly intelligent people to operate a space shuttle...so high jacking one is next to impossible.

I think people are looking to Rockstar to add everything into one game and not just any game…Grand Theft Auto.

Yes, Rockstar has shown that they could add a shit load of features into their games, but there comes a point where one particular game can’t go much further except for new characters, locations, stories and scenarios.

Stop bashing the kid, videogames are UNREALISTIC. I can't see R* letting us go into space anytime soon, but I could see myself playing GTA in space. I think it'd be iinteresting.

We're not bashing him, we're being realistic. I thought Rockstar Games went a little far with the San Andreas storyline and going into space would be absolutely crazy. That's my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

...Now if they have a GTA far in the future...then it might make a little sense.

Ok a plane is harder to operante than a space shuttle. In a space shuttle once you leave the atmoshpere ints smooth sailing for as long as you have oxygen. ok maybe you would take training just like a pilot and then need a space suit to open and operate the shuttle. Its just a game.

You don't need nearly as many people to operate a plane as you would a space shuttle. It's at least possible to operate a plane by yourself.

To me though...that's besides the point. The main reason I don't think it'll be in GTA is because it wouldn't fit.

Ok a plane is harder to operante than a space shuttle. In a space shuttle once you leave the atmoshpere ints smooth sailing for as long as you have oxygen. ok maybe you would take training just like a pilot and then need a space suit to open and operate the shuttle. Its just a game.
pls. give us your main reason why you want to fly a space shuttle in GTA

GTA is about crimes, not space exploration

And once you take off properly in a plane, you just tell it where you want to go, and autopilot kicks in. I really fail to see how planes are easier to operate than space shuttles. I bet you need at least twice the qualifications to go to space than you do to be a 'naut.

• 5 months later...

Who in the right mind would suggest going into space in GTA, San Andreas was just over the top, but it did guve us what we wanted, planes etc.

BUT SPACE WTF?

Thats right an illegal Russian immigrant flying a space shuttle blowing up the moon, while drinking a soda and fighting of the space cops, i don't think so, what next? TIME TRAVEL!?

• 1 month later...

Please keep the game absurd level!

Grand theft auto absurd level is 70 from 100.

Spoofing on popular culture - 20

Stereotype using- 20

Fictional world- 35

Yoy cant explain what is absurd level,you can only feel it.I mean realism is depends on absurd level.Im afrais that grand theft auto absurd level is too low to fly a space shuttle.Also it is pointless to the game.Yes gta is unrealistic game,but its following its own rules.Also everyone always forgotting what thsi game about-about street thugs and carjackers and reputation.Its all because SA-they overmaxed its realistic level,so for criminal game,it becoming too realistic,and its changes the point of the game.

Edited by Carth

Well... a GTA in the future.This might be a great idea! I'd name it GTA 2050.But dunno if R* will want to make such a GTA.It's kinda exagerated.But if R* will put into practice this 'New GTA', it could become something like Scrapland.