Need Help ASAP

Nissan_Skyline_GTR_R34

Perhaps you'd like to consider spam spamming? Posting 4 times in your topic is not going to help you with your situation Nissan_Skyline_GTR_R34.

oh sorry, im just so pissed at the fact that the game crashes when the start menu (of game) shows up :'( :'( :'( *bangs head against wall*

Edited by Nissan_Skyline_GTR_R34

Perhaps you'd like to consider spam spamming? Posting 4 times in your topic is not going to help you with your situation Nissan_Skyline_GTR_R34.

oh sorry, im just so pissed at the fact that the game crashes when the start menu (of game) shows up :'( :'( :'( *bangs head against wall*

yo, do what that guy said and uninstall, deleta Rockstargames folder COMPLETELY, then reinstall. its okay to mod, just do it smart so u dont fuck shit up, and always make backups!!!!

(i learned that the hardway >.<)

Make sure you have deleted the savegame folder in my documents too.

If you have uninstalled, deleted the rockstargames folder, and deleted the savegame folder, then there is nothing left on your machine. It will not have any effect on a new installation of the game.

If you then install it and it doesnt work, that is because the new installation has failed. Perhaps your disk is scratched, or your hard drive is full, or something. If everything is deleted before you install then the previous installation of GTA has nothing to do with any problems.

As said above, do not spam the forums, even in what you might consider an "emergency" like this. And don't go round PMming staff with questions like this - there are loads of people every day with problems and we can't respond to everyone, we don't have the time. PMing GTA-related questions distracts staff from dealing with real forum problems, and puts the forum at risk.

Make sure you have deleted the savegame folder in my documents too.

If you have uninstalled, deleted the rockstargames folder, and deleted the savegame folder, then there is nothing left on your machine. It will not have any effect on a new installation of the game.

If you then install it and it doesnt work, that is because the new installation has failed. Perhaps your disk is scratched, or your hard drive is full, or something. If everything is deleted before you install then the previous installation of GTA has nothing to do with any problems.

As said above, do not spam the forums, even in what you might consider an "emergency" like this. And don't go round PMming staff with questions like this - there are loads of people every day with problems and we can't respond to everyone, we don't have the time. PMing GTA-related questions distracts staff from dealing with real forum problems, and puts the forum at risk.

And clean the registry with Crap Cleaner.

That's not very helpful σαмε.

Nissan, download CCleaner and scan your registry for invalid registry entries. Also remember to do everything Gerard said above. Once you have removed the registry, check Regedit (Registry Editor) (Start > Run regedit) and find the Rockstar Games directory (if there) and remove it. Restart your PC and try re-installing again.

That's not very helpful σαмε.

Nissan, download CCleaner and scan your registry for invalid registry entries. Also remember to do everything Gerard said above. Once you have removed the registry, check Regedit (Registry Editor) (Start > Run regedit) and find the Rockstar Games directory (if there) and remove it. Restart your PC and try re-installing again.

im confused.. what do you go in to find the root folder in Regedit?

BTW i have vista

I know the problem.

Follow these instructions to delete the GTA3img that is copied by UAC: (Make sure all Hidden Folders are seen.)

My Computer>> C Drive >> Users >> (Your Name) >> AppData >> Local >> Virtual Store >> Program Files

Delete the Rockstar Games Folder. Next Time when installing Mods make sure you run as Administrator.

I know the problem.

Follow these instructions to delete the GTA3img that is copied by UAC: (Make sure all Hidden Folders are seen.)

My Computer>> C Drive >> Users >> (Your Name) >> AppData >> Local >> Virtual Store >> Program Files

Delete the Rockstar Games Folder. Next Time when installing Mods make sure you run as Administrator.

Could you be a tiny bit more specific??? sorry a have a major headache and a cold so im not thinking straight....

Go to your Start Menu, then "My Computer".

Once your there, click the C Drive, then the folders, one by one until you reach the Rockstar Games Folder.

C Drive/ Users / (Your Computer Name)/ AppData/ Local/ Virtual Store/ Program Files

If you see a Rockstar Games Folder, delete it. Also make sure you can see all hidden folders.

i ment in regedit, i know where it is in my computer

Go to your Start Menu, then "My Computer".

Once your there, click the C Drive, then the folders, one by one until you reach the Rockstar Games Folder.

C Drive/ Users / (Your Computer Name)/ AppData/ Local/ Virtual Store/ Program Files

If you see a Rockstar Games Folder, delete it. Also make sure you can see all hidden folders.

i ment in regedit, i know where it is in my computer

i think i found the problem- object.dat and plants.dat, i cannot delete them, nor move them..... correct me if im wrong. If its not against copyright laws can someone upload theirs? nevermind, i got it working

EDIT- thanks to all that helped