Will GTA ever end?

Vercetti Thug

I'm quite sure it'll be here for 10-15 years at least but 50 years? That's longer than videogames have been around and who knows what games are gonna be like in 50 years. And improving the game every single time will start to get hard after a certain time will get hard because people just run out of ideas eventually. I could be completely wrong but yeah I don't think it'll last extremely long.

You don't need new ideas for a GTA game. There havn't been any new ideas for sonic or mario, you still do the same thing, even if they have been brought to a 3D style. GTA is a game where you shoot, drive, run, shoot some more and do sidemissions. I doubt it'll ever get old as long as they add a couple new features (however unoriginal) each time.

Edited by Shortbus

I'm quite sure it'll be here for 10-15 years at least but 50 years? That's longer than videogames have been around and who knows what games are gonna be like in 50 years. And improving the game every single time will start to get hard after a certain time will get hard because people just run out of ideas eventually. I could be completely wrong but yeah I don't think it'll last extremely long.

Bold: Actually, the first video game, or electronic game, was made in 1947...so video games have been around for over 60 years.

The first game with a digital graphical display was made in 1952.

I think Rockstar will continue to make Grand Theft Auto until they get bored of it, run out of ideas or if it becomes unpopular some how.

In my mind. It has already ended. It has changed too much to be considered 'GTA' to me. Now it's just 'New technology' being shown off just like every other game. No style to it. San Andreas was the best thing to ever hit the shelves. Then they started making repeats of previous games for PSP... Then they made GTA IV to show off and now they are making Chinatown wars to please Nintendo dorks... I really think the money is getting to their heads a little too much. With the rate it's going I can easily see 'GTA: Barkshire Wars' for the Wii xD

Edited by Deji

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

In the future, the game will end. People might lose interest, like Sonic and Mario are now labled "Gay and retarded kids games".

So, can I also predict how we will play games in the future?

We will get on flatforms while wearing a motion capture suit. Sans Controller, motors in the suit, and virtual goggles will give us the illusion of driving cars, shooting guns, having sex, even though your standing still making funny movements....

Further more, they'll develop so realistically people will literally spend their whole lives there, and make friends there.

As for GTA, it won't last, but if IV is a trilogy, and Rockstar decide to stop there, the hype will be undeniable when they mention the words "New GTA"

In about....2015 or so?