My Cat Won't wear a collar

Butters!

we've moved to a nicer part of town, but now we are right by a main road, so we don't want to take any chances. We tried to put a collar on my cat, but she managed to get it trapped in her mouth, while trying to get it off, so we cut it off. I suggested we get the cat Microchipped, but mum says she doesnt belive in puting bts of a computer in living things. Any suggestions on how to the cat to wear a collar

The cat we have over at my house did resist a little, but without any overtly significant force, we were able to get it on. I also noticed a previous one went missing and he came without a collar, and at first we weren't show which cat that was.

You can't get your cat a collar on during its sleep, cos they wake up easily when moved/touched.

Big deal, alot of pets refuse to wear collars, we tried to have our cat wear a collar w/ bell because it kept ninja'ing birds and bringing them in the house, then bird shits and bleeds everywhere, etc. If you're worried about her getting lost, just introduce her / him outside more slowly, keep her / him in the house first couple weeks.

Maybe just pollen from some plants or someshit? Maybe some wet paint she rubbed herself on? Don't think pink fur is a likely symptom of anything TBH.

Our cat started literally licking her hair out at one point, the neighbours said they saw her drinking plant growth formula from their watering can, but we'd just had building work done, so it could been stress.

we've moved to a nicer part of town, but now we are right by a main road, so we don't want to take any chances. We tried to put a collar on my cat, but she managed to get it trapped in her mouth, while trying to get it off, so we cut it off. I suggested we get the cat Microchipped, but mum says she doesnt belive in puting bts of a computer in living things. Any suggestions on how to the cat to wear a collar

A. Put the collar on correctly. The only reason your cat is getting it off like that is because it is too loose. Read the box next time.

B. A collar is not going to stop your cat from being run over. If you care about your cat that much make her an indoor cat.

She was an outside cat at our old house, so we would never get her to be a house cat now

My cat was an indoor outdoor cat until I moved and had to leave her with my father, then she was a completely outdoor cat. Now she lives with me again and has no interest in the outdoors at all. She is fat and happy now ... well happyish with Jimmy Page.

Having your cat being an outdoor cat is not safe for her at all. First you have the road that can turn anything into a pancake. Then you have punk kids that love to mess with/ possibly even kill small animals. On top of that you have any natural predators that can do a number to your cat. Then of course there are other cats that can get into fights with your cat and give her diseases and of course feline AIDs.

Outdoor cats do not live nearly as long as house cats.

Both cats are fine now we have settled in. The only strange thing is that one of the cats came in last night, with all the white parts on her had turned pinkish... Shes started to lick the pink off but we have no idea what it is

Could always be blood if she is a hunter.

When putting a collar on a cat, to determine if it is too tight, you must be able to put one finger between the collar and the cat's neck. If you can't get your finger in between the cat and the collar (this is the collar ON the cat, by he way), it is too tight (for dogs, you must be able to put two fingers in between the dog's neck and he collar).

The same thing happened to my cat when she was a kitten. She got it stuck in her mouth and freaked out so I got scratched up as I tried to undo the collar. Cats don't like it but they get used to it pretty quick. Just put it on and let the cat roam around the house with it on so you can watch it and make sure it doesn't hurt itself. It will eventually stop caring about the collar.

I really don't understand why anyone would want to make their cat an outdoor cat. My dad's cat is an outdoor cat and she gets very dirty and often arrives home with scratches. Outdoor cats have a greater chance of being sick, getting hit by cars and being attacked by dogs/other cats. Outdoor cats typically live 4-5 years. Indoor cats typically live 15-20 years, even a few years beyond 20, depending on how well you take care of it. My cat is an indoor cat. I couldn't imagine having her out there in the dangerous world by herself. Hell no.

Edited by YellowJacket