Bipolar disorder

Huckleberry Pie

OK, so a member in my forum, hucklover6, who's also a member here, seems to be unstable and yells like mad at somebody. In this thread, my fellow forum mates discussed about the possibility of her having bipolar disorder; they are usually separated by periods of "normal" mood, but in some individuals, depression and mania may rapidly alternate, known as rapid cycling.

I talked to her via IM occasionally, and there are times that she goes unstable and gets mad at me. She got banned in the forums for being rude, but my mates insisted that we give her a chance. What do you think?

Just give a punishment, but nothing permenent, so she has a chance to improve herself.

We did that. I banned her for misconduct and swearing, just to prevent any disruption and to cool her down, not to punish or torture her. Gave her a chance to reform and feel at home, but it seems as though she's in another temper fit again. If I ignore her at YM, and leave her, she might resort to making a sockpuppet and beg at me in tears, asking me to talk to her again. Now if you check out some of the recent posts in my forum, you'll find some derogatory stuff, such as this:

I HATE SSC (well hate in i hate after all dis *beep* but still)

And this:

ITS STUPID I SAW IT EVERTIME ANGEL SAID TO C DA SITE
tell me da turth u all do u really want me here and tell me da truth and its really hard to gain my friendship back !!!
and also went off topic lolz...AND SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP i already no lots of u by heart now and i no how ima regain my friendsip back DOSNT MEAN EVERYONE

And another one, as a reply to this thread:

D for Dis is stupid

I just wanted to settle things, although I'm not as good as that Hey Arnold guy at that. I removed or commented out the inappropriate posts, since I don't want any smut on the forums. I admit that some may call her a "sick and noob" person; even I can call her like that, although it's a bit too derogatory. It's just that she joined the forums, and we found out that she has a mood disorder of some sort, or at least suspected, based on her calm-angry cycle of behaviour.

It's kinda' hard to convince her to kiss and make up, but what do you think? Oh, and can we arrange a conference with her so that we can work things out? A permanent ban on her won't do, and is my last resort...

I've been diagnosed with bipolar, but I've been diagnosed with a lot of things. And yeah she needs meds obviously if she wants to keep her mood stable. Either that or she's a complete bitch.

So it could also be likely that she has something else besides that? Or she's just acting too immaturely?

IMO it's bound to be immaturity. Honestly.

Need to agree.

I've been diagnosed with bipolar, but I've been diagnosed with a lot of things. And yeah she needs meds obviously if she wants to keep her mood stable. Either that or she's a complete bitch.

So it could also be likely that she has something else besides that? Or she's just acting too immaturely?

IMO it's bound to be immaturity. Honestly.

Need to agree.

Hmm, yeah, you have something of a point...

Lol yeah it could just be immaturity, a psychologist would be able to tell if she has a mental disorder or not. If she's got a mental disorder it will be more evident in real life and her parents can take her if they see she has a problem.

My opinion is that her parents are her foster parents, and her life in general is also unstable. I have bipolar disorder myself. So does my family; I don't want to label the world, but I know the girl in question. I was the one to suggest the possibility of bipolar, another member posted this during our staff discussion, and this was more-or-less agreed upon by all involved. Regardless, she is cooling down. She's young, as are most fans of the 2003 - 2009 Strawberry Shortcake. True, she acts like a spoiled brat, but she is fine if you work with her. It's us older members who have to "outreach" to her, so to speak, as she's somewhat frightened the girls closer to her own age.

The point is that she'll be fine soon enough. We've been at this for about a week, and I personally think we're progressing well.

Edited by Sour Grapes