The Quote Topic

Deji

"To the East, to the West, either one, is the best. For the grass is greener. Anywhere with you."

Modaji - Grass is Greener

---------------------------------

"I'm gonna pull you in close

I'm gonna wrap you up tight

I'm gonna play with the braids that you came here with tonight"

Interpol - Obstacle 2

----------------------------------

Just parts in songs that are in my mind atm, I know a lot more. Just have to remember. :P

Edited by Nate14

'It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum..... and I'm all outta gum'.

'Damn, those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!' - Duke Nukem 3D. All the Duke Nukem quotes were taken from films, I think, so they weren't original, but I found them memorable all the same.

Here are some of my The Punisher VG quotes

Thug: Have mercy!

Frank Castle: Death is a mercy!

Thug: I'll go straight, I promise!

Frank Castle: Bones, promises, both breaks.

Thug: [after being captured] I just wanna go home!

Frank Castle: [Kills him] In a box.

More quotes later, kinda tired now.

'Damn, those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride!' - Duke Nukem 3D. All the Duke Nukem quotes were taken from films, I think, so they weren't original, but I found them memorable all the same.

That first quote reminds me of a grindcore experimental song by Dr. Acula:

Edited by Nate14

I love this one, from one of my favorite films: (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly)

[Tuco is in a bubble bath. The One Armed Man enters the room]

One Armed Man: I've been looking for you for 8 months. Whenever I should have had a gun in my right hand, I thought of you. Now I find you in exactly the position that suits me. I had lots of time to learn to shoot with my left.

[Tuco kills him with the gun he has hidden in the foam]

Tuco: When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

Щтдн еру вуфв рфму ыуут еру утв ща ф цфк - Ащкпще црщ ыфшв шею

Oops, forgot to turn the EN on.

Only the dead have seen the end of the war (or something) - Forgot Who.

(Took it from CoD 1 & 2)

Edited by Scientist

Щтдн еру вуфв рфму ыуут еру утв ща ф цфк - Ащкпще црщ ыфшв шею

Oops, forgot to turn the EN on.

Only the dead have seen the end of the war (or something) - Forgot Who.

(Took it from CoD 1 & 2)

Plato said "Only the dead have seen the end of the war"... :coolthumbup: Quotes in CoD 2

Some others I like are

"Cowards die many times, heroes can taste death only one time" - Caius Iulius Caesar

"It's better to live for something than die for nothing" - General George S. Patton

"There is nothing good in war except it's ending" - Anraham Lincoln, the quote was longer but this is the part I like the most.

Anyone like old latin sayings ? I mostly like

Memento mori (Remember you will die ), In vino veritas (The truth is in wine ), Alea iacta est. ( Dices are rolled ).

Plato said "Only the dead have seen the end of the war"... :coolthumbup: Quotes in CoD 2

Some others I like are

"Cowards die many times, heroes can taste death only one time" - Caius Iulius Caesar

"It's better to live for something than die for nothing" - General George S. Patton

"There is nothing good in war except it's ending" - Anraham Lincoln, the quote was longer but this is the part I like the most.

Anyone like old latin sayings ? I mostly like

Memento mori (Remember you will die ), In vino veritas (The truth is in wine ), Alea iacta est. ( Dices are rolled ).

I like the one under your name! "Keep your friends close and enemies closer..."

Well if anyone watches Little Britain USA you'll know this quite from the last episode -

Mother - Therre must be a mistake, my daughters due for a tonsil removal.

Receptionist - Computer Says naaah

Mother - Can you check if theres another (whatever he daughters names was)

Receptionist - Computer says naah

Receptionist - As part of out our customer feedback would you say -

1) I have been very helpful

2) I have been extremely helpful

3) I have been fucking helpful

The mother an daughter then walk away.

I just thought these quotes were hilarious.

"But I'm a gangsta rapper, it's my calling, homie!!" - Jeffrey "OG Loc" Cross

"Think pink. A better way of life," - Eloise

"Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up! Also, if two lie down together, they will keep warm. But how can one keep warm alone? Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves. A cord of three strands is not quickly broken." - Ecclesiastes 4:9-12

I love this one, from one of my favorite films: (The Good, The Bad and the Ugly)

[Tuco is in a bubble bath. The One Armed Man enters the room]

One Armed Man: I've been looking for you for 8 months. Whenever I should have had a gun in my right hand, I thought of you. Now I find you in exactly the position that suits me. I had lots of time to learn to shoot with my left.

[Tuco kills him with the gun he has hidden in the foam]

Tuco: When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk.

Nice quote. I love that movie.

"....."

-Claude Speed

:lol:

I got BAAAAALLLLS of steel

I like the end parts of the aviator where Howard Hughes (Leanardo Di Caprio) is at a senate hearing and really takes the piss out of the senator.

My favourite quote from 'The Aviator' and probably of all films would be -

'Now needless to say the Hercules was a monumental undertaking, it is the largest plane ever built, it is over 5 stories tall with a wingspan longer than a football field, thats more than a city block, Now I put the sweat of my life into this thing, I got my reputation all rolled up in it and I have stated several times that if the Hercules fails to fly, I will leave this country and never come back, and I MEAN IT!'

A bit more than a quote but this speech probably made the film what it is.