I feel like I just got Bitch Slapped!

JAB HacksouL

That looks fake, TBH. Too many grammatical and spelling errors... plus...

The illegal part is decompiling the exe, and accessing files not meant for public use.

I hope you're right, I was just out surfing new GTA IV stuff and came across his Blog which I looked for Lisa Philip and couldn't find her or the original transcript. So you could be right on that fact.

Edited by JAB HacksouL

Oh Boo Hoo cry me river. :'(

I told Josh this looked fake to me. But I agree that anything you do can be called illegal. Example; Wearing a seat belt is good for you and law makers made it a law to wear it. You don't get to vote on this law because it is for "the common good". Salt is bad for your health so will the law makers force us to stop eating salt? Yes, if they can make money from it. The seat belt fine in my state is $75 per person not properly seat belted (lap belt and shoulder harness) in your car. That's $300 per car!! During the "click it or ticket" month I heard the cop at my school saying they raked in thousands of dollars in tickets. It is NOT about keeping you safe, it is always about money.

IF Ben said it (and he might have) I would agree with him completely. I know for a fact this appears in wiki and reuters 'Grand Theft' maker blames hackers for sex scenes - Reuters on 13 July 2005. I am guilty of making changes to theirs and other software breaking the copyright law and they can go get stuffed if they don't like my improvements. :P

Reuters Link

Edited by ToonSkull

Agreed. It's not that I'm bashing R* or Take-Two ala-Thompson, but I think it's their fault as to why the Coffee scandal came up. If Ben really did say it, then I would take it, as well as their attempts at disabling user intervention on in-game files, as their excuse for them to cover up their mistakes.

They should have done some things for them to give this controversy thing to rest, and to make us fans more eager to mod and enjoy GTA: release an SDK, and do an audit on their source code to make sure that they won't wind up in another scandal.

GTA became popular because of modders besides the gameplay and the controversy surrounding it. And Half-Life. Why do we still see kids playing the original Counter-Strike and the Source remakes? It's because of modders. The reason for Warcrap III being widely played? Modders, especially the ones who made the DOTA map. The only beef that I had with T2 and R* is that they sometimes see the glass half-empty and cover things up the wrong way.