The PARAnormal - Ghosts, Cryptozoology, etc...

ToonSkull

Halloween is approaching and the reason for North American kids to celebrate it varies from tooth decay to Mexico Day of the Dead or Party of the Dead. I like the idea (celtic) that it grows cold and the dead walking the Earth or Earthbound souls see us basking in the warmth of our homes. The idea is to place a gift (or treat) on the porch and these ghosts and spirits would pass you by and not invade your home. Maybe you are a skeptic and don't believe in an afterlife? Well I do believe in an afterlife and I have my own theories about it. I never been dead so I can only base theories or ideas. Now here is something for your viewing pleasure... Ghost orbs.

2377975880100896386S500x500Q85.jpg

2191141410100896386S500x500Q85.jpg

2276608600100896386S500x500Q85.jpg

2887174130100896386S500x500Q85.jpg

This last one I took a picture of my Mom at 3am in the backyard (experimenting with people) the 2nd one I increased the gamma so you could see how many there are of them.

2349659490100896386S500x500Q85.jpg

2488336600100896386S500x500Q85.jpg

Note to skeptics: I have written to Kodak the maker of my camera and they answered back, "Well what do you think they are?" :pissed: DUH?! I don't care to hear half-ass answers from you unless you can prove it using the scientific method.

Note to true believers: I don't care to hear how they are angelic ufo's sent by bigfoot because God spoke to you in a dream.

My camera is a new digital Kodak, the lens is clear and clean. These don't show up in every flash photo I take. Some one suggested that I try other locations and I have some produce no orbs at all, some have 3 or 4 and others like ones with my mom in them 20 or more. People seem to be a key factor so far. What are they? I DON'T KNOW, and I don't care. But feel free to post your paranormal stories or photos here.

HAVE FUN! :lolbounce:

Ah, you're such a fag toonskull. I was going to try to bring my Halloween topic from the dead today lol. :P

Yeah, I believe in ghosts. Just not those pictures.

Sorry about that, I was thinking so close to Halloween and all... but just to let you know the pictures are legit I didn't doctor them (yeah for what that is worth today) and I am not a British cigarette. :lolbounce: But like I said, I'd love to get an actual scientific answer but so far nobody has come forward with a study on digital cameras taking photos of light orbs or ghost orbs. On the other hand, the paranormal research group known as TAPS say they also refuse to investigate such a common phenomenon. :thumbsdown:

I too believe in ghosts, they are lost souls waiting here for a reaper (shinigami) to show them the way.

So anyone out there with some good paranormal stories of their own? Maybe you had an experience you just can't explain? Tell us about it, we want to hear it.

Right then, some people say that orbs are the ghosts of there familys that follow them around. Yes, I do belive in ghosts and aliens, amd other paranormal phonomena, but this is one of those cases where I think there is another explination. This is what I have been told is the scientific reason: Its all tp do with light moderation, and reflection. They only apear when you use the flash on your camera, and its that light reflecting from points, it does this because modern cameras have different positions of lenses, and the angle of the flash is changed, and reflects more brightly of a close objects that is small. For example, pollen or dust in the air. This is how it is stated in Wikipedia:

Due to the size limitations of the modern compact and ultra-compact cameras, especially digital cameras, the distance between the lens and the built-in flash has decreased, thereby decreasing the angle of light reflection to the lens and increasing the likelihood of light reflection off normally sub-visible particles. Hence, the orb artifact is commonplace with small digital or film camera photographs.

The orb artifact can result from reflection of light off solid particles (e.g., dust, pollen), liquid particles (water droplets - especially rain) or other foreign material within the camera lens.

The image artifacts usually appear as either white or semi-transparent circles, though may also occur with whole or partial color spectrums, purple fringing or other chromatic aberration. With rain droplets, an image may capture light passing through the droplet creating a small rainbow effect.

Underwater photographers notice the effect also, which occurs for the same reason as above-water photographic artifacts. Sand, small sea life or other particles close to the lens, invisible to the diver, reflect light from the flash causing the orb artifact in the image. A strobe flash, which distances the flash from the lens, eliminates the artifacts.

See im more clevererer than you now :lolbounce:

Edited by Butters!

Ah, you're such a fag toonskull. I was going to try to bring my Halloween topic from the dead today lol. :P

Yeah, I believe in ghosts. Just not those pictures.

Sorry about that, I was thinking so close to Halloween and all... but just to let you know the pictures are legit I didn't doctor them (yeah for what that is worth today) and I am not a British cigarette. :lolbounce: But like I said, I'd love to get an actual scientific answer but so far nobody has come forward with a study on digital cameras taking photos of light orbs or ghost orbs. On the other hand, the paranormal research group known as TAPS say they also refuse to investigate such a common phenomenon. :thumbsdown:

I too believe in ghosts, they are lost souls waiting here for a reaper (shinigami) to show them the way.

So anyone out there with some good paranormal stories of their own? Maybe you had an experience you just can't explain? Tell us about it, we want to hear it.

I wasn't saying those picture weren't legit. I was saying those 'orbs' aren't paranormal related...

I believe in ghosts and aliens.

Ghosts are the souls of people who died, but that can't find an appropriate body to be in it.

Aliens have to be real, cause there are bout...infinity of galaxies, and maybe even Universes (MAYBE!).

So how the hell can we be alone, all alone, in this Universe?

I really don't know what I believe in but I can tell you that his pictures are not faked or crap on the lens. He took many pictures within minutes and the objects only appear in great numbers around our mom and there were none in a photo taken of our dad. He was told by the neighbor to go to the graveyard at night and take pictures there. He did and nothing. So this occurs around people and not the atmosphere or the location, otherwise it would show up in all the photos he took that night.

I definitively believe in aliens, when you look at the vastness of our universe and our planet is a tiny speck of dust in all the matter out there. You know something is out there I don't know if they have ever been here but life is out there. My brother wanted to hear other stories but I guess we are somewhat limited. I have never seen anything I couldn't explain but I did pick up an EVP on a digital recording once. It sounds like a faint woman's whisper saying, "You can get up now.". I don't jump on that train that everything is a ghost. It could be caused by anything but has anyone tried this besides me? It is real easy to do just sit in a quite room and hold a conversation with yourself (I was doing a voice over at the time). Next load it in an audio program and amplify it up and listen to the "silence" it helps if you have headphones.

I won't quote what macorules94 said, but yes our mom is fat I agree, Dad keeps us all well fed, but I object to my mother or anyone else being called a bitch. Maybe they have a lack of food in Macedonia, or maybe just a lack of maturity.

JAB B)

I'm not gunna say that there are ghosts. But I didn't believe until I moved into my current house. I hear this groaning sound a few times everyday. It sounds exactly the same, it's not inside my room... It's out of the window somewhere. Although, I don't think I have ever heard it outdoors.

It is said that traces of the past can be left behind. Something to do withthe way time and our universe works. Which could also make time travel kind of possible, except we'd only get traces of the past. Kinda like if we spill a drink, traces of the drink are left behind for some time.

I'm not spiritual or anything like that. In fact, I still try and find a reasonable explanation for the noises. I don't notice them as much now but they probably still occur. Just that I hear em every day. But only at day... At night, nothing...

No, my house aint on no burial ground or w/e. None of that bull. But there was a train station literally right behind my house at one point about 80 years ago or something. Weird and annoying!

If the sound is a trace of the past, then there is a high probabillity that ghosts exsist too. Nothing like just dead people coming to scare you. But a recording of the past. Like when you use a VCR and record over something, the old thing may still appear a little at times... So I believe that ghosts dont exsist as most imagine, there could be a trace of a guy who is still alive. In fact, you could maybe see yourself a little if the trace was left. But the chances are slim... So if you see a ghost coming to stab you... Just think, thats just a recording of something that happened, not something that is going to happen :) Ghosts cant harm you! >.<

I believe my theories in this to be corret :P or at least have something to do with the truth...

I'm not gunna say that there are ghosts. But I didn't believe until I moved into my current house. I hear this groaning sound a few times everyday. It sounds exactly the same, it's not inside my room... It's out of the window somewhere. Although, I don't think I have ever heard it outdoors.

It is said that traces of the past can be left behind. Something to do withthe way time and our universe works. Which could also make time travel kind of possible, except we'd only get traces of the past. Kinda like if we spill a drink, traces of the drink are left behind for some time.

I'm not spiritual or anything like that. In fact, I still try and find a reasonable explanation for the noises. I don't notice them as much now but they probably still occur. Just that I hear em every day. But only at day... At night, nothing...

I had that at my old house, I asked my dad, and he said it was just Load Bearing Beams in the Attick that expand in the heat of te day, and shrink in the cold of the night (Only expanding a tiny little bit). The strange thing was that it was a very old house: THE SUPPORT BEAMS WHERE MADE OF WOOD!

I don't belive in ghosts thsat come in the night that try and kill you, but souls of dead people who just replay one hour of their life over and over. I do however belive in Aliens, because their is no way that in all of the universe we are the only life forms. (By the way, they HAVE found LIFE ON MARS, Not Intellegent Life, but Bacteria, and Frozen Water, so the planet IS/WAS capable of supporting life)

Also I heard in the paper about a year ago about a Couple who in Indian Springs, Nevada, USA, which is few miles away from area 51. After 5 years of living thier, they saw nothing out of the ordinary, the odd Jet that couldn't be Identified, but not anything big. Suddenly, they started seeing somthing strange. I claim from the article "We have lived here for five years now, and have never seen anything out of the ordinary. For about a month now, we have noticed strange lights coming from the Eastern Shore of Groom Lake (Area 51 is situated on the Western Shore of groom lake). They flash between Green, Red and an orangy yellow colour, and we are becoming scared that alien ships are landing in Area 51..." They called the local Police force after a month and guess what:

It wasnt a UFO that was landing in Area 51, about 20 Miles away, it was the new traffic light installed abput 200m away from the house... AWSOME!

Edited by Butters!

Ok this is NOT I repeat NOT my belief and I hate to knock other people's faith or what they believe in but I think this could be potentially dangerous! First let me explain what these people believe:

The Universe as a Hologram

by Michael Talbot

Does Objective Reality Exist, or is the Universe a Phantasm?

In 1982 a remarkable event took place. At the University of Paris a research team led by physicist Alain Aspect performed what may turn out to be one of the most important experiments of the 20th century. You did not hear about it on the evening news. In fact, unless you are in the habit of reading scientific journals you probably have never even heard Aspect's name, though there are some who believe his discovery may change the face of science.

Aspect and his team discovered that under certain circumstances subatomic particles such as electrons are able to instantaneously communicate with each other regardless of the distance separating them. It doesn't matter whether they are 10 feet or 10 billion miles apart. Somehow each particle always seems to know what the other is doing. The problem with this feat is that it violates Einstein's long-held tenet that no communication can travel faster than the speed of light. Since traveling faster than the speed of light is tantamount to breaking the time barrier, this daunting prospect has caused some physicists to try to come up with elaborate ways to explain away Aspect's findings. But it has inspired others to offer even more radical explanations.

University of London physicist David Bohm, for example, believes Aspect's findings imply that objective reality does not exist, that despite its apparent solidity the universe is at heart a phantasm, a gigantic and splendidly detailed hologram.

To understand why Bohm makes this startling assertion, one must first understand a little about holograms. A hologram is a three- dimensional photograph made with the aid of a laser. To make a hologram, the object to be photographed is first bathed in the light of a laser beam. Then a second laser beam is bounced off the reflected light of the first and the resulting interference pattern (the area where the two laser beams commingle) is captured on film. When the film is developed, it looks like a meaningless swirl of light and dark lines. But as soon as the developed film is illuminated by another laser beam, a three-dimensional image of the original object appears. <more here>

These people believe we are living in an advanced version of GTA or the Matrix!! Check out this guys YouTube saying his TV is growing... or he is on something.

So what do I find potentially dangerous? Anyone truly believing that world we exist in is fake could also come to the same belief that since this world is fake, so are the rules we live by, such as randomly killing people at the mall. Or the laws of physics so they decide to jump off the roof. I could equate that the universes known as Heaven and Hell don't exist until you get there and then the Earth would become less than real, but these people (few in number) think this world is computer generated!!

JAB B)

Notice how he mantions to look at the VHS unit. The TV its self never grows, click on the frame at the start and the frame at the ednd, and you notice how only the VHS grows, and that is easily editable, the TV never grows itself. This is Mind Deception, he tells you that its will happen, your brain understands this, and cant help but think that the TV is growing. I am serious, watch the Video, now look at your TV (If its turned on). Looks like its growing, doesnt it. Its because your mind is drawn to the movement on screen, but remebers what happensd in the video, so if you dont focus yourself to look at the frame you think its going.

Right, now watch that video again, but where it says Lookat the VHS, dont. Look at the screen and you will realise that nothing happens

And think about it, if the world is just a computer program, then why would they bother making the universe? It would just waste disk space

Edited by Butters!