• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

-English

-Français (not alot a little)

-Российская (From GTA4)

I used google translator for the text.

Actually its Русский. (Russian)

Google translator is wrong for some languages

like example for bulgarian....you are fat is: Ti Si Debel. But on the translator it comes up with Vie Ste Debel which means "you guys" are fat

Are you guys listing languages you're fluent in, or ones in which you know a bit of?

Because I'm pretty sure most British people here only speak English and possibly one or two others if you're originally from another country.

I only speak English and a bit of French and random things in a bunch of other European languages....

but I do have this weird ability where if you show me a paragraph of text written in any European language, I can probably tell you what it is, but I couldn't tell you what it says... :/

Are you guys listing languages you're fluent in, or ones in which you know a bit of?

Hmmm well to clarify my list:

- Fluent in English

- Advanced Spanish (took up four years of high school I better know some fucking Spanish! It's handy in Los Angeles, too)

- I can understand most Armenian, but have trouble speaking it. I can read and write it perfectly, though

- I can understand and speak beginner to intermediate Russian as well as read and write it very well. I'm studying Russian at my university so my skills in it will improve over time.

- I know random words here and there in other languages (Greek, Korean, Tagalog, Polish, German) mainly because of music I listen to, countries I've visited, or friends that speak those languages fluently

Also I'm on the same page as you Chris, I can pretty much identify any language if I see it used (even the scary Asian ones!)

Edited by rappo

but I do have this weird ability where if you show me a paragraph of text written in any European language, I can probably tell you what it is, but I couldn't tell you what it says... :/

Yeah, I have that too. :/

Can speak 'enough' Spanish to probably get me along and a little bit of German.

I could learn anything if I really needed to.

How many languages can you speak?

I can speak the following:

- English

- Macedonian

- Serbian

- Croatian

- Bosnian

- Montenegrin

- Bulgarian

and i can understand little bits of Russian

Holy shit that's a lot of languages.

My native language is English and I'd say I'm pretty fluent in Spanish.

I'd like to possibly learn German and Japanese at some point.

Yeah German would be kick ass to learn, too bad they don't have it at our school. Plus I have a ton of German cousins who I haven't met so I guess it would be good to know German.

Anyways I can Speak English and Russian. I know a bit of Spanish but our teacher is kind lazy with us so we don't learn that much :P

I can speak English fluently.

I can read French very well but have trouble speaking it. I could read a passage and translate it but I couldn't read it out in French without struggling. I did convince a few people I could speak fluent French though. I do plan to learn it fluently though.

I have a FLAW (Foreign Languages At Work) in Spanish too.