How many languages can you speak

macorules94

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Learning one of the romance languages will significantly help you in understanding the rest, so that's a pretty good idea. Maybe not so much understanding it when it's spoken, but when in France and Canada I could understand most of the French signs and whatnot because I know Spanish. So Italian will surely help you out in more than just Italy!

Learning one of the romance languages will significantly help you in understanding the rest, so that's a pretty good idea. Maybe not so much understanding it when it's spoken, but when in France and Canada I could understand most of the French signs and whatnot because I know Spanish. So Italian will surely help you out in more than just Italy!

You do know that Canadian French isn't real French, right?

Edited by YellowJacket

There are a few differences, it's like British English and American English. Some words in say Quebec won't be found in France and vice-versa. The word "Septante" (In France French it is "Soixante-Dix") isn't in the France French but it is in the Belgium French and the Switzerland French, same as "Nontante" (In France French it is "Quatre-Vingt Dix") and "Octante"(In France French it is "Quatre-Vingt").

• 2 weeks later...