The freakiest bug EVER!

Deji

I was editing my 'Deji's Fun Mod' and I compiled it to test the new feature of .cs compatibillity. I opened SA and everything worked fine until I tried to Press 9 to switch back to selection A from selection C...

When I did that, a new game was started... Kinda... The first cutscene loaded, I spawned in the starting alleyway and the mission where you go back to Grove had started. But it wasn't quite a new game... According to the stats I had completed it at 100% and finished all the missions... The radar showed gang areas showing and all the map icons... But the safehouses were for sale still... As well as being owned... So basically I could buy a house I already owned!

I walked around a bit amazed by this. I went to LV finding out I still got 4 stars for passing the border. In most of the interiors that contain characters... There were 2! 2 of each character.

I then figured that I was running two copies of San Andreas AT THE SAME TIME! One was my 100% savegame, one was a completely new game. This was obviously why there were 2 characters in each interior, houses owned/unowned ect.

Then I opened CamHack, restarted my game and pressed the bugged '9' key. When the new game started I went into freelook mode and drove the camera to the place where I was when the new game started. As I suspected, at exactly the same height that my new game player was at, was my old character, stuck at that height falling about a metre then spawning back up and it didn't stop doing this... Ever.

Unfortunately, I found that I wasn't in control of the old game. If I moved my character, the old one would'nt move accordingly. I quit trying to find the cause after a while. According to where in the script it crashed, the jump line of coding was an error. But thats kinda impossible... So I couldn't fix it.

Turns out, after doing this on a new mod I'm working on, that if there are certain opcodes used or something, that: {$VERSION 3.1.0027} MUST be in the script that I have to name the thread or else it will start a new game. Dunno why though, crash = understandable. New Double Game = WTF!?

So I don't need help with this anymore, it's working fine now, but I thought I'd let you know about the weirdest bug I have ever encountered on San Andreas in my life >.<

So... Anyone want a '2 games at once' mod? lol

P.S I recorded alot of stuff so I will upload it to YT some time and you can seee how weird it is :P

Edited by Deji

Wow :lol: How come that balla was falling continuously under the ground? :blink:

It wansn't a balla. It was CJ, but the CJ from the game before I bugged a new one. (Even weirder!)

Also, a little addintional info: I couldn't start any missions. IDK about the taxi, cop, para (ect) missions. But the main missions are inaccessible. So it's like a game where you can never unlock the next island! xD

Edited by Deji