Vigilante Justice Mod

Deji

Sorry for lack of updates but I hate triple posting >.< Just lettin you all know that it's still being made and the second BETA is nearly ready. I've added the abillity to go to the Doughnut Store and pig out. You also get to sit and let the waiter serve you your food. Instead of the old San Andreas system of eating it at the counter :P

Bugs have been fixed. Performance has been improved (Anyone should be able to play it now) and things are being added. Still gotta fix the bug where you can only place a stinger once unless it hits something... :)

Video will be coming. Then I'll start work on the main.scm conversion version of the mod. Which includes a whole new game to play within San Andreas. No map edits. Since the San Andreas map is great anyway :D

Deji, is it normal for mods like this to crash San Andreas when you load your old save files?

I want to be able to play your mod, but I do not want to have the inconvenience of having to find my save file useless, or at least having to remove the mod whenever I want to play my old save files.

EDIT: Also, I have a question, will this work with your own police car mods?

Edited by NotYouHaha

Deji, is it normal for mods like this to crash San Andreas when you load your old save files?

I want to be able to play your mod, but I do not want to have the inconvenience of having to find my save file useless, or at least having to remove the mod whenever I want to play my old save files.

EDIT: Also, I have a question, will this work with your own police car mods?

This mod will come have a version that comes as a mission pack so you wont have to mess around with saves and main.scm's ;) And... What own police car mods?

What would be cool is if you had to investigate a murder case, and using help from different people in the city, try to work out who murderd the person (ie. Finding a Desert Eagle in someones House, which has been fired recently) and the suspect trys to flee, and you have to track them down (a message come up saying, Suspcet has recentlly been spotted boarding Flight 8-235 to Las venturas. Get to LV Airport before the plane lands in 5:00)

What would be cool is if you had to investigate a murder case, and using help from different people in the city, try to work out who murderd the person (ie. Finding a Desert Eagle in someones House, which has been fired recently) and the suspect trys to flee, and you have to track them down (a message come up saying, Suspcet has recentlly been spotted boarding Flight 8-235 to Las venturas. Get to LV Airport before the plane lands in 5:00)

Maybe some sort of GTA IV/Splinter Cell Choice system will be implemented in the missions but it'd be a hella lot of coding to do it on the random >.<

• 2 months later...

Again, really sorry for the bump of months. But again, I've been gone for ages and I think it's better than making a topic that is exactly the same as this one. Hopefully you can agree and forgive :)

The mod is still active (unlike what gtaforums ppl say :P) and there's gonna be a huge update for when I get back (fully).

For now I've pretyped this at my forum...

Okay, now I have more time I'll describe some of the features you can expect come next update!

I have coded the first 6 missions although the link between them seems to not work very well when it gets to the 3rd mission. No need to worry about that though as alot of things have been fixed that might affect it. The stabillity is pretty good too! I manage to make the missions simply without many subs when un-needed and especially due to the fact I now know alot more then I used to, I seem to be able to make things faster and harder! So you can expect a better game than the first beta provides.

I believe the storyline to be somewhat unique and unlike any other 'crooked cop' storylines I've seen. Alot of inspiration did come from a few more recent films I'd seen. The story manages to keep you playing a hardcore character while also balancing the ease of the game. But only just

This mod will provide probably the first ever double storyline ever on a GTA title! You play as a 'new cop' called Carl Ronson who has a seemingly natural talent at being a cop and defeats all the of the police forces expectations. Carl is invited by a 'rouge' cop named Frank who seems to be a little more of a wannabe then the real thing. At Franks side is a more quiet cop called Dean who, although taking alot of demands that Frank gives, seems to be more daring and professional than Frank. Although Carl tends to stay quiet at first, he eventually shows his true skill and slowly reveals a story that reveals his purpose in the LSPD.

This also may be one of the first ever mods to give the player what all players want... A choice system... But unlike other choice systems made by the lousey company that needs to make a game quickly and cheap, Vigilante Justice is made by me, a real fan of choice systems. And after playing many games, I will hopefully show all the companies how it's done!

With the choice system you get alot of choices on both storylines that will affect things such as a change in the way someone acts around you, the missions you encounter and even the final outcome of the game which is estimated to have 4 total endings which all can be defined by simply the first choice you make or the inobvious choices.

Inobvious choices are something that is featured here too! Instead of a simple menu of choices you can think to choose different routes around which may or may not define the chances of success. The simple choices a cop may face will affect the game deeply in this mod.

Other changes include the addition of external scripts removed in the previous version for testing purposes. The game will now have less of an empty feel and cops will actually take their routines around the station instead of just walking around like they used to! You can play basketball, bet on pool... It's all back. There are still some that are left out though. Such as the drug dealers offering you drugs. I may add that later with a switch that checks if your uniform is on before the dealer offers drugs to you. So now you can do some undercover narcotics work

That's all I can say for now. I typed up something better at home but I can't put it up yet. Hopefully you'll enjoy this when it is released... It's gonna be big!

Although I'll be quite inactive the library round the corner of meh house is opened now so keep posting suggestions and bug reports! I may not answer immediately but I should be able to get alot more active now then I have been previously.

Can I just erm 'LOL' at your screenshots a minute Deji. :P

:lol: at "Officer Johnson" :P

Very neat and cool mod here. Say if your chasing baddies will other Police join the persuite or will they just drive past you?

Not yet... :) I hope to add some more to the script once the missions are done. Also, his name is Officer Ronson :P... He's pretty baddass tho, did you read the big quoted text above yet? :)

Can I just erm 'LOL' at your screenshots a minute Deji. :P

:lol: at "Officer Johnson" :P

Very neat and cool mod here. Say if your chasing baddies will other Police join the persuite or will they just drive past you?

Not yet... :) I hope to add some more to the script once the missions are done. Also, his name is Officer Ronson :P... He's pretty baddass tho, did you read the big quoted text above yet? :)

Errm...no?

*runs and hides somewhere* :lol:

Hey mabey you should also have it where you can call a police choper to watch your suspect and they tell you where he is going also call in road blocks and mabeye also having hostage situations. then I had a cople of other ideas to go along with this once your done with this.

Things like Swat team, and milatary squadron, FBI, Fire rescue, Paramedic.

JUst some ideas.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey mabey you should also have it where you can call a police choper to watch your suspect and they tell you where he is going also call in road blocks and mabeye also having hostage situations. then I had a cople of other ideas to go along with this once your done with this.

Things like Swat team, and milatary squadron, FBI, Fire rescue, Paramedic.

JUst some ideas.

That'd be nice... I'll see what I can do... :erm:

• 3 months later...
Hi. PLease help me I do like you said in instruction, but when i go in game and take a New game ( mod installed) its loads and than when loaded just crashes. please help i really like this mod.

Make sure you have CLEO Library installed and you have a 1.0 version of the game ;)

Note to everyone: This mod is back on track and being worked on once again! I'll be releasing some footage soon...

EDIT/UPDATE: I've made the first post alot more brief and added a description of the storyline to make it more exciting :P

Edited by Deji