CoD: World at War Beta

Chris

So I got access a few days ago (Xbox 360 version). It's ok, but I expected better to be honest. Annoying that Treyarch are developing this one, and also, wtf, why have they gone back to WW2? Going modern was a huge step forward for the series, now it's going back to every other war game.

That said, this is Call of Duty, and IMO they're the best WW2 games ever. I was addicted to the first one, played UO and CoD2 quite a bit too. CoD 3 was a bit of a failure but never mind that. CoD4 was fucking awesome, my friends and I still play this online quite a lot, I'm sure we'll play CoDWW online a lot too - I think the vehicles will bring something new to CoD multiplayer :)

Point of my topic though was just to ask if anyone else got their beta access and has played it, or is getting the game, or likes the CoD series... etc.

I don't care tbh. When it comes out I'm getting it, cause CoD are probably the only game that can make WW2 best. But yeah, taking it back to WW2 is one big step back. But it shouldn't be a problem for at all.

Well, hopefully from seeing the previews of the multiplayer and Co-Op mode, it will punch in a lot of intensity.

I think I got into Call of Duty long after the 2nd one was released...and I never owned one until the forth one came out. I always played the 2nd one on my friend's 360 and played a little of the 3rd, but like everyone has been saying...it sucked ass.

I mainly got the forth one because of it's large step forward and I wasn't really planning on getting World at War because of it's step back...and now I'm definitely not getting it from what I've been reading in this topic.

• 2 weeks later...

Holy shit you're lucky as fuck. They've been giving them out for a while now. Thought they'd stopped by now.

Merged with our other topic.

Got my 360 beta when topic was posted, and PC beta last week. It's much better on PC as expected. Rounds are so short though (750 points) so if you play for a few hours you'll quickly get bored of the 3 maps that are available. Can't wait for the full game though.

Holy shit you're lucky as fuck. They've been giving them out for a while now. Thought they'd stopped by now.

Merged with our other topic.

Got my 360 beta when topic was posted, and PC beta last week. It's much better on PC as expected. Rounds are so short though (750 points) so if you play for a few hours you'll quickly get bored of the 3 maps that are available. Can't wait for the full game though.

I ment anyone who will register gets a code.

Can't wait to get this game this Friday (which I believe is its UK release date),it was either this or Quantum of Solace I was allowed to get so I choose this, don't know how good Quantum of Solace is though.

I heard it got a 7 or an 8, it was made using COD4's engine :P. I'd say its probably a good rent.

I'll probably end up getting this next summer, far too many other games coming out. Plus I can get it cheaper.

Red Devil, rent Quantum of Solace. It's apparently an underwhelming game, but definitely get COD5. All the previews so far look great. Just 4 days until it's out in the UK now. :) Off topic, I'm about level 18 on COD4 on my 4th prestige, or 5th, depending on whether the first playthrough counts.