Connect..

little_homer

• 2 weeks later...

As far as i know, you need Media Centre (so either Vista Home Premium / Ultimate or Windows XP Media Centre Edition) otherwise you can't stream it. That's what's advertised as being compatible with, but either way, make sure your firewall allows it, perhaps even just turn your firewall off for 10 minutes to see if that's the issue.

lol..but make sure you turn it back on

So i think you need windows media centre, so if you dont have that , and it doesnt work, dont be surprised. Also just because somebody did it on youtube, they might not even had done that, they coulda named something else Xbox360 or something, that was compatible. so yeah.

Get windows media centre (vista home premium/ultimate/xp mce)

Well, according to that video, all you need is that Zune software, or WMP11....

This may be a stupid question, but is your 360 connected to your network?

My xbox is connected to the same modem as my pc, live works fine.

I also tried the media center thingy with my friends pc, but that didnt work... I just want to watch movies with my xbox that are in my zune library. And listen to the music.

As far as i know, you need Media Centre (so either Vista Home Premium / Ultimate or Windows XP Media Centre Edition) otherwise you can't stream it. That's what's advertised as being compatible with, but either way, make sure your firewall allows it, perhaps even just turn your firewall off for 10 minutes to see if that's the issue.

lol..but make sure you turn it back on

So i think you need windows media centre, so if you dont have that , and it doesnt work, dont be surprised. Also just because somebody did it on youtube, they might not even had done that, they coulda named something else Xbox360 or something, that was compatible. so yeah.

Get windows media centre (vista home premium/ultimate/xp mce)

You didn't even watch the video. Not trying to be mean, but why comment on something you didn't even watch?

well have you opened all the ports that it says in the description?

you have to enable UPnP and network streaming from inside windows media player 11 too, i was trying to do this with my phone...(which is UPnP 802.11 enabled anyway)

An alternative is to get the program i used its called "Home Media Server" made by Simplecentre. Its advertised as working with XBOX360

I actually did watch the video, just making a point that things arent as easy as they might seem on youtube, he probably set up other stuff previously..maybe

Edited by WRX22B1998

it doesnt?!

its gotta be some firewall settings or some shit that you haven't told us...

how is your internet set up? is your modem/adsl/cable/whatever plugged into a router which is then to your PC ?

heres a dumb question: Did you buy the wireless adapter XD

Me xbox is connected to the modem with a 10m cabel and my pc is too. And no, i dont have the wireless adapter. Also i tried the firewall port things said in the video and it still doesnt work..

• 3 weeks later...

bump but..

the only thing i can see being the problem is port forwarding in your router settings. to fix these , go to run. type cmd. then in the command window type "ipconfig". then it will show some information (IP, subnet mask, default gateway). write down the default gateway address (might be 192.168.0.1 or 10.0.0.1, or could be something totally different depending on how things are set up). Then get the default gateway address and type it in to internet explorer where you would regularly type an address. Now it will put you onto your router setup page (or more likely a login screen) where you put in your username and password (try admin / password or admin / admin or admin / no password). Then there will be a setting for port forwarding, then you gotta find out your 360's IP.

go to portforward.com and find the make/model of your router and it explains it there with screenshots. :)