Pickle Phobia

Harwood Butcher

LOL this is the funniest thing eh

yeah i used to be really freaked out by heights (try being on a dodgy chairlift at thredbo lol, with NO latch!) that was scary. (dont lean forward dont lean forward) lol.

yeah iam abit scared (not really scared just sorta uneasy) with insects like spiders and ants n shit. bloody FNQ full of green ants taught me never to lean on anything solid ANYWHERE :lol:

I agree with Chris82. I don't like insects flapping about in my face, it can make me uncomfortable and (at the most) I jump if it surprises me. But I'm not afraid of them. I'll happily hit them, squash them, swat them, spray them etc. There's no fear.

So I don't really understand 'irrational' fears. All the ones I (mildly) have are genuine causes for concern, such as heights, darkness, vicious/poisonous animals etc - and even then none of them terrify me (although some could I suppose).

How can people be terrified of inert objects? Very strong hate is one thing, feeling ill is one thing, but being frightened for your life??

Phobias are different to fears. Just cause they sound silly doesn't mean they don't exist. I have a phobia of robots, doesn't mean i'm silly or that people should laugh at me. This isn't really funny to me. It sounds silly but at the end of the day, it's a phobia. Some people have a phobia of breathing etc, having phobias of things you can't avoid would be horrible. Pickles isn't so bad cause they're not everywhere.

Phobias are different to fears. Just cause they sound silly doesn't mean they don't exist. I have a phobia of robots, doesn't mean i'm silly or that people should laugh at me. This isn't really funny to me. It sounds silly but at the end of the day, it's a phobia. Some people have a phobia of breathing etc, having phobias of things you can't avoid would be horrible. Pickles isn't so bad cause they're not everywhere.

Robots and pickles are completely different.

Bold: "According to the American Psychiatric Association, a phobia is an irrational and excessive fear of an object or situation. In most cases, the phobia involves a sense of endangerment or a fear of harm. For example, those suffering from agoraphobia fear being trapped in an inescapable place or situation."

We never said that these phobias don't exist, some of us just find certain ones funny.

I don't think you're silly because of your phobia...possibly because of some other things. :P

It is not funny.

It is a problem, she is scared of them, it is not a subject for laughter.

I have a humor, but I cannot use it for Phobias like this.

Although Ballon-Phobia is funny.

It is funny.

It's a stupid problem, and I laughed at it.

I have a sense of humor towards almost all phobias.

So assuming this video was real and that the girl isn't just a paid actress, why the fuck would she go on a show that insults her?

Because they are trying to help her. Admit it... If you were sincerely trying to help her, would you be able to hold a straight face? Doubt it.

There are too many "official" phobias... And the funny thing is, phobias are man-made. They don't exist in nature. It's all the mentality of a man-made idea. And people with professions based entirely around phobias? WTF? WHY do these people get paid? They need to have whatever license or degree they have revoked IMMEDIATELY. I honestly believe at least 50% of phobias are BULLSHIT. Someone makes something up, people believe it, other people follow. Fear of school? Fuck that. You can be afraid of crowds, afraid of authority, or maybe even afraid of large vehicles. But of school? Bullshit.

I'd be willing to bet something happened to her as a child. Maybe she was molested with a pickle? Laugh if you want, it's probably happened to various females, and probably even males. That would make ME fear pickles.

• 5 weeks later...