Xbox 360 Or PS3

Scott.

So, Its my birthday soon, and hopefully I'm gunna get a lot of money. I already have a job that pays a good wage. I've got £50 at the moment for it. In a months time I should have about £100. My birthday is also in a month where I hope to get around £50-100.

Now to the point, I can't make the decision what I would rather buy...XBOX360 or PS3?

Could you guide me?

i wud say xbox 360, reasons:

Cheaper @ 130 GBP here in the UK

PS do not have too much exclusives, whereas 360 have halo, crackdown, fuzion frenzy, too human etc

although you have pay which is a downside, but still works out cheaper than a ps3, xbox live i find is betta den PSN, PSN i find is deserted

exclusive DLC for GTA IV

im no fanboy tho, i own both consoles, and thats my opinion

Mini-bump?

I wouldn't say the PS3 doesn't have as many exclusives, by Christmas there will be plenty to choose from. I think both consoles have a fair amount of exclusives each.

The PS3 will have by Christmas:

- Resistance 2

- Little Big Planet

- Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

- SOCOM: Confrontation

- MGS4

- Literally hundreds of cheap and fun PSN games

- Gran Turismo Prologue

- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (possibly the BEST PS3 exclusive!)

- Wipeout HD

- God Of War 3

- Quantum Theory

- Home (will be coming out before Christmas)

I could name more but those are some of the big ones, kind of hard to say that the PS3 doesn't have as many exclusives. Killzone 2 will also be out by January which looks pretty good.

I suppose it's all up to personal choice, looks like you decided on the 360 anyway but I just wanted to point that out to some people who think that the PS3 has no exclusives.

Edited by FallenClyro

Mini-bump?

I wouldn't say the PS3 doesn't have as many exclusives, by Christmas there will be plenty to choose from. I think both consoles have a fair amount of exclusives each.

The PS3 will have by Christmas:

- Resistance 2

- Little Big Planet

- Motorstorm: Pacific Rift

- SOCOM: Confrontation

- MGS4

- Literally hundreds of cheap and fun PSN games

- Gran Turismo Prologue

- Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (possibly the BEST PS3 exclusive!)

- Wipeout HD

- God Of War 3

- Quantum Theory

- Home (will be coming out before Christmas)

I could name more but those are some of the big ones, kind of hard to say that the PS3 doesn't have as many exclusives. Killzone 2 will also be out by January which looks pretty good.

I suppose it's all up to personal choice, looks like you decided on the 360 anyway but I just wanted to point that out to some people who think that the PS3 has no exclusives.

nah m8, thats ratchet & clank period lol

As the song said:-

Killzone 1 sucked before so why did you think that we want more?

Haha, cheers for the replies though :P

To be honest, I don't think this new Killzone will be anything special, fancy graphics and all but it's just another non inovative FPS.

Also in that list, Heavy Rain is missing, which will be the best IMO. Second best I mean, forgot about MGS4 :P

Edited by Ivan

As the song said:-

Killzone 1 sucked before so why did you think that we want more?

Haha, cheers for the replies though :P

To be honest, I don't think this new Killzone will be anything special, fancy graphics and all but it's just another non inovative FPS.

Also in that list, Heavy Rain is missing, which will be the best IMO. Second best I mean, forgot about MGS4 :P

Heavy Rain is exclusive to PS3?

Well I really don't know, that Alan Wake game looks impressive, if it comes out for XBOX 360 I consider that buy a real bitch.

Just got told I am getting a 360 for my birthday. Damn I can't wait a month! ha.

Enjoy your RRoD

and hope you have fun with your fat heavy controller.

And i hope the loud fan noise doesnt piss you off too much.

And you better not quit your job or you wont be able to play online

Edited by macorules94

looky

heres the topic i made asking the same q. summary here...

pros of xbox: cheaper, bigger selection of games (beware not all are decent), media streaming really easy if you have windows mce xp, or vista home premium, xbox live (only played it once, played ps3 online, i honestly dont see a difference, but i know il get yelled at if i dont put :P), plug n play support for alot of mp3 (iPod!) without any additional software.

pros of ps3: inbuilt bluray (for all ur hd movies etc), i like the controller much more than 360's control (opinion i know), no known hardware failures/faults, hdmi, component and composite on all, connect PSP to it, media streaming etc

con of xbox: pay for online, rrod :P , bulky control (awkward imo), no 1080p support, only get HDMI out on top model (elite)

con of ps3: cost, no ps2 compatibility (if you get 40gb or 80gb vers), hard to mod if you wanted to :( , lack of

torented

games heheh. im not sure if this is a ps3 specific but: if you plug a USB external hdd, you need to partition it in like 40gb partitions or something? i heard...maybe they fixed it in a firmware update, i heard of this problem like this time last year, im sure they did something about it.

LOL i just noticed the previous post hehehhe...ah well, then yeah. its better if your not paying eh :P as for RRoD though, im sure they fixed that prob, if you get it on a new one, something is definitely wrong.

/essay

Edited by WRX22B1998

Just got told I am getting a 360 for my birthday. Damn I can't wait a month! ha.

Enjoy your RRoD

Sounds like fanboy too me. You sound like you adore your over built paper weight.

And to be honest, you've been a tit all over the forums recently..

Enjoy your RRoD

fanboy, by the circumstances of his money, 360 would be better, and ps3 controllers are too small for my hands soo..., and i have have enjoyed my 'this game cannot be played [80010514] on my ps3

looky

heres the topic i made asking the same q. summary here...

pros of xbox: cheaper, bigger selection of games (beware not all are decent), media streaming really easy if you have windows mce xp, or vista home premium, xbox live (only played it once, played ps3 online, i honestly dont see a difference, but i know il get yelled at if i dont put :P), plug n play support for alot of mp3 (iPod!) without any additional software.

pros of ps3: inbuilt bluray (for all ur hd movies etc), i like the controller much more than 360's control (opinion i know), no known hardware failures/faults, hdmi, component and composite on all, connect PSP to it, media streaming etc

con of xbox: pay for online, rrod :P , bulky control (awkward imo), no 1080p support, only get HDMI out on top model (elite)

con of ps3: cost, no ps2 compatibility (if you get 40gb or 80gb vers), hard to mod if you wanted to :( , lack of

torented

games heheh. im not sure if this is a ps3 specific but: if you plug a USB external hdd, you need to partition it in like 40gb partitions or something? i heard...maybe they fixed it in a firmware update, i heard of this problem like this time last year, im sure they did something about it.

LOL i just noticed the previous post hehehhe...ah well, then yeah. its better if your not paying eh :P as for RRoD though, im sure they fixed that prob, if you get it on a new one, something is definitely wrong.

/essay

pros & cons of ps and xbox, very good

Edited by claude-5