Help in installing GTA SA game saves.

P4RRY

I've literally just bought Grand Theft Auto San Andreas for PC and got to work. I tried installing a save game and I see it at the save game selection but it starts a new game. I read about the versions of the game and the save game files so I downloaded a compatible game save (v1.00) but it still did not work!

I have tried many different saves but none of them work! :bashhead:

Please help!

Is your game downloaded from the internet? Generally, downloaded GTA games have .scm mods.

He clearly said he bought the game so we can assume that he's speaking the truth.

As for the version, since you have just recently purchased the game, it has to be v2 since production of v1 stopped a long time back. If you got to know the version from the readme file, then that's wrong because R* forgot to change the version number in the readme.

A safe way to find out which version you have is to check the bottom corner of your main screen when the game starts. If you have v2, it'll say so. If not, there won't be anything.

Thank you for that reply above.

Ive got three updates for this topic.

1. I have successfully downloaded the down grader for the game and have successfully installed the relevant parts.

2. I have now tried game saves but a error screen comes up now with the end programme stuff.

3. I am now going to un-install and re-install the game, tips from youtube video comments.

Thanks for the replies!

When you usually install .scm mods, you'll have to start a new game because the savegames saved with the original .scm are not compatible.

I think you are mistaking it for the post you put on earlier about the internet download.

Yet my game starts a new game every time I try and play it.

If its useful for you up there my default file for my save game that comes up all the time is a .SET file.

Please help I really want this game to work! :pissedred:

Edited by P4RRY

• 3 weeks later...