On account, I smoke, too

Give me some tobacco,

I'll be blowing puffs

Marijuana, cigarettes, all rolled into one

I like, what you like,

I'm a smoker, too

And I like what you like,

On account, I smoke, too

Usually I don't smoke cigarettes at all but every once in a while it happens. Often it's after I've smoked weed which as Spaz said earlier really increases your high and what not. There's been only one time that I smoked a cigarette just by itself and the main reason was we were completely out of weed and we just needed something to smoke. Also back on the role model subject, my dad has been smoking probably since his teens and I've seen him doing it my whole life. And never was I tempted or influenced to smoke cigarettes at all and the only reason I tried them was because of weed not because of my dad.

I've never smoked and never will. I have seen what it can do to people, and it hit fairly close to home when my Grandpa died from emphysema. My Dad smokes and I don't like it. I've told him several times about it, I've brought up the fact that HIS father died from the years he spent smoking. He still does it.

I'll keep pestering him about it, hopefully plant enough of an idea of how it will effect more people than just him if he gets sick.

It's a filthy habit, and I'm glad that they stopped smoking in pubs and clubs down here.

I've never smoked and never will. I have seen what it can do to people, and it hit fairly close to home when my Grandpa died from emphysema. My Dad smokes and I don't like it. I've told him several times about it, I've brought up the fact that HIS father died from the years he spent smoking. He still does it.

I'll keep pestering him about it, hopefully plant enough of an idea of how it will effect more people than just him if he gets sick.

It's a filthy habit, and I'm glad that they stopped smoking in pubs and clubs down here.

Agreed. I would be very happy if Jack Thompson campaigned against cigarettes instead of bashing pointlessly at GTA and stuff... That way, he could have prevented more deaths rather than make gamers irate...

I forgot to mention, smoking is what gave my dad the lung cancer that killed him. He even managed to kick the habit right after my sister was born, 16 years before he got the illness. Bad luck i guess, well really bad luck because as far as i can remember he lived a very healthy life. Just goes to show the permenant damage smoking can do.

FFS, it is just the idiots i know, ill quit if i can be assed, cz i want new games instead of spending it on cigs :lolbounce:

Which is better than wasting your gaming money on some cigs...

your 100% right, im stoppin now :lolbounce:

So you're not addicted?

yes, i am, but ive seen sense, i want games more than cigs,of, ill get both :), na CBA :lolbounce: , just games

I find it fucking pathetic. It's a waste of money and I honestly think every single person that has ever smoked before, started smoking because of peer pressure. There’s no other reason why someone would start.

Wonderful way to show ignorance. There are plenty of reasons. Stress, watching your parents((that isn't peer-pressure, that's role-models)), or of course the classic curiosity... There are plenty of other things that are pointless wastes of money but no one seems to be bitching about them. Diet pills, and lawyers, for instance.

Thanks for calling my opinion ignorance.

It doesn't make any sense to start smoking because of stress. That's why people continue to smoke, not a reason to start.

I consider role models under the same category as peer-pressure, but I guess next time I'll try to explain my opinion with a little more detail.

Haven't you ever heard of the saying, "Curiosity killed the cat." Jeez...

I'll be more than happy to bitch about diet pills and lawyers, but there wasn't a topic about them and I don't make topics to bitch...I bitch in other people's topics.

It IS ignorant to say EVERYONE who has every smoked did it because of peer pressure.

WTF? It makes perfect sense to start smoking because of stress. Why would you continue because of stress if that isn't why you started to begin with? I won't lie and say I started smoking because of stress, it was entirely curiosity... However, I will smoke if I'm stressed. I'm not continuing to smoke because of stress, but I will have one if I'm stressed.

Curiosity killed the cat, but satisfaction brought him back. Besides, that doesn't mean it isn't a reason to start.

Gaming is actually a really good way to try and cut down if you smoke, you'll get so into the game you won't be tempted to smoke. At least it worked for me and now I'm fine! In the end, games will save the world. ;)

No. Not if you're truly addicted. A kid we use to hang out with will pause a game every 5-10 minutes to have a cig. He's HEAVY into Halo, moderately into Rock Band, and mildly into GTA. Yet.... He has to have a cig religiously every 5-10 minutes. I've never seen him go more than 20 minutes without one unless he was sleeping.

HOWEVER.... I do not believe much in addictions. Or, at least, addictions controlling people. If you didn't want to be addicted to something... You wouldn't be addicted.

HOWEVER.... I do not believe much in addictions. Or, at least, addictions controlling people. If you didn't want to be addicted to something... You wouldn't be addicted.

Not necessarily true. Mind over matter is one thing, but an addition that takes hold of your system like nicotine is another. A habit is a habit, an addition is a different ball park altogether. It's not all in your head, it's an addition that is programmed into your body as well as the mind.

However, I do have friends who are able to quit at the drop of a hat, and then there are those who couldn't if they tried. It all depends on the person afterall.

As for me, I'm one of the condemned. I've never smoked much more than 10 a day though. Wouldn't say I'm a hardcore addict like those who down 50 a day.

Edited by Earthbound

Not necessarily true. Mind over matter is one thing, but an addition that takes hold of your system like nicotine is another. A habit is a habit, an addition is a different ball park altogether. It's not all in your head, it's an addition that is programmed into your body as well as the mind.

However, I do have friends who are able to quit at the drop of a hat, and then there are those who couldn't if they tried. It all depends on the person afterall.

As for me, I'm one of the condemned. I've never smoked much more than 10 a day though. Wouldn't say I'm a hardcore addict like those who down 50 a day.

Your mind is a VERY powerful tool. You can kill addictions if you truly want to. Sure, you'll probably still feel the withdrawals, but you can kill those, too((if your will-power is strong enough)).

Your mind is a VERY powerful tool. You can kill addictions if you truly want to. Sure, you'll probably still feel the withdrawals, but you can kill those, too((if your will-power is strong enough)).

Lol, my will power must be very low. I've stopped 3 times, and its lasted a maximum of 6 days. Always end up back at square one somehow. :P

Lol, my will power must be very low. I've stopped 3 times, and its lasted a maximum of 6 days. Always end up back at square one somehow. :P

We've been out of cigs for almost a week now. Not really bothering us. Sometimes I wish we had one.