Womens Rights

Deji

Well women have come a long way. They're in the military now and there are a lot of instances where the women go to work to make the money and the guys stay home to watch the kids and do house work.

Yeah, they have the right to loose their lives for a stupid reason now! :P

I gotta say though, women may have less rights in some ways.. But if you hit a guy you'll get in less trouble then if you hit a girl. Also, women have less to pay for insurance and lot's of stuff like that. Another thing, if a women claims rape, she is more likely to be believed then if a man did :P Even though they still are too soft on rapists :thumbsdown:

Guess what ^^^ - Golf stands for Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden. :D

Edited by Deji

People may say women are treated equally, ie: there's no segregation like there used to be for blacks etc but women are still not treated equally. We get paid less than men for starters. Don't forget how women are treated in many muslim cultures and in alot of african tribes, women come second, their "bits" are mutilated and women have to put up with their husbands having many partners. In some cultures women are stoned to death for trying to leave abusive husbands etc. So no sorry, anyone saying women are treated equal are wrong, maybe in western civilisation men and women have rights, but we have to consider the rest of the world.

Edited by guilty.by.association
  • Like 1

Yeah, they have the right to loose their lives for a stupid reason now! :P

I gotta say though, women may have less rights in some ways.. But if you hit a guy you'll get in less trouble then if you hit a girl. Also, women have less to pay for insurance and lot's of stuff like that. Another thing, if a women claims rape, she is more likely to be believed then if a man did :P Even though they still are too soft on rapists :thumbsdown:

Guess what ^^^ - Golf stands for Gentlemen Only Ladies Forbidden. :D

Bold: Yeah, to me that doesn't make any sense at all. They want to be treated equally when it comes to work, but when it comes to things like that they want to be treated special. It's bullshit.

People may say women are treated equally, ie: there's no segregation like there used to be for blacks etc but women are still not treated equally. We get paid less than men for starters. Don't forget how women are treated in many muslim cultures and in alot of african tribes, women come second, their "bits" are mutilated and women have to put up with their husbands having many partners. In some cultures women are stoned to death for trying to leave abusive husbands etc. So no sorry, anyone saying women are treated equal are wrong, maybe in western civilisation men and women have rights, but we have to consider the rest of the world.

People in this topic have been saying women get paid less for the same jobs, but I've never even seen proof of this.

Has anyone even mentioned that many states in the US have girls from elementary school to high school having less standards to fulfill in physical education than boys?

Who gives a shit about physical education.

By the way...if you paid attention in "physical education", you'd know that it's physically harder for women to gain muscle than it is for men.

There was a show in the UK about women taking on mens jobs. Neva got to watch it, never watch tv. I guess that it wasn't so easy for them. I guess when it comes to working, it is up to things that some women cant have as much as men.

Did you know the strongest woman in the world can be beaten at an arm wrestle by an average skater? :P

Harwood Butcher: So youre saying because you haven't seen proof, that women do get paid the same? I've got news for you mate, women do not get paid the same as men. I would know because I have a job. And my mother has a job.

And what you said about hitting men/women, how women want to be treated special, that's bullshit. I want to be treated the same as men. No more, no less. It's because of the "men are superior" attitude that has caused hitting a woman to be punished more than hitting a man. Also because the majority of the time, men hit women more, and the majority of the time, men are stronger.

Im not saying women are better and men are worse, infact people who know me in real life know i prefer guys, but because of the history between men/women sexual relations and the treatment towards women throughout history, these laws are harder on men. Bottom line, don't hit anyone and it shouldn't be such a problem for you.

Edited by guilty.by.association
  • Like 1

Harwood Butcher: So youre saying because you haven't seen proof, that women do get paid the same? I've got news for you mate, women do not get paid the same as men. I would know because I have a job. And my mother has a job.

Wow, you and your mom have a job...that's crazy...What's your point. There's no proof there that you get paid less and just because I said there's no proof that women do get paid less doesn't mean I assume they get the same amount...How about...I don't assume who gets paid more or if it's equal.

And what you said about hitting men/women, how women want to be treated special, that's bullshit. I want to be treated the same as men. No more, no less. It's because of the "men are superior" attitude that has caused hitting a woman to be punished more than hitting a man. Also because the majority of the time, men hit women more, and the majority of the time, men are stronger.

Bold: OH, ok, so we'd be getting sued because of our attitudes over our actions. Gotcha.

Im not saying women are better and men are worse, infact people who know me in real life know i prefer guys, but because of the history between men/women sexual relations and the treatment towards women throughout history, these laws are harder on men. Bottom line, don't hit anyone and it shouldn't be such a problem for you.

Yeah, but if a women starts beating the crap out of a guy and he doesn't do shit because he knows that if he lays a hand on her that he'd go to prison, nothing would happen to the women. If he decided to push her away, he'd get sued for all of his shit and be sent to prison. He could have two black eyes and internal bleeding from the "fight" where as the women would be totally fine and he'd be the one getting screwed.

Harwood Butcher: Actually you're wrong. If a women is breating the crap out of a guy she WILL get arrested. It is allegal for males and females to physically harm someone. So if a man gets beat up by a woman, and doesn't fight back then he's doing the right thing because he won't get into a spot of trouble but she will.

That saying, you're American, I don't know the laws there but I was under the impression that it's illegal for a woman to physically abuse a man.

Also, I brought up "My mum and I both have jobs" because that's my proof right there. I know we get paid less because she gets paid less than the other guy who does the same job, it's always been that way and it's not fair. As you can see, i'm not the only person who thinks that, as you said, almost everyone else has brought up the "women get paid less" thing. It's not just me.

• Like 1

Harwood Butcher: Actually you're wrong. If a women is breating the crap out of a guy she WILL get arrested. It is allegal for males and females to physically harm someone. So if a man gets beat up by a woman, and doesn't fight back then he's doing the right thing because he won't get into a spot of trouble but she will.

That saying, you're American, I don't know the laws there but I was under the impression that it's illegal for a woman to physically abuse a man.

Also, I brought up "My mum and I both have jobs" because that's my proof right there. I know we get paid less because she gets paid less than the other guy who does the same job, it's always been that way and it's not fair. As you can see, i'm not the only person who thinks that, as you said, almost everyone else has brought up the "women get paid less" thing. It's not just me.

You totally went around my main point. If I guy is getting the shit kicked out of him by a women and he pushes her away, he'd get in more trouble. I've seen that happen before.

If your mom actually gets paid less for the same job...then why the fuck are you still living there?!?!?!?! Move to a better place where everyone's equal...at least more equal than where you are now.

If a women is getting abused and kills her husband she is likely to go to prison for life compared to a man who is abusing his wife and kills her. The courts are usually tougher on the women as they say its planned as a women couldn't possibly do it another way. Yet the abuser will get a much shorter sentence as it will be down as manslaughter as it wasnt premediated. Never mind all the abuse he subjected the women to.

So no women don't get an easier time in the law when it comes to abuse.

Why should men get paid more in certain jobs though? Whats the reasoning behind that? Is it to say that men should get paid more in the construction industry, yet women should get paid more in, oh I don't know? Whats very stereotypical? How about childcare? Everyone should get paid the same regardless of gender or race etc.

• Like 1

People should be paid by the quality of work they provide, not their gender, race, sexual orientation etc etc...

Exactly spot on mate. In my area, women and men are treated equally, if it's a job, they get paid equally. I've never seen anyone get paid low or high, but it all is about what they give to their jobs and how they get the quality...

In NZ if you're 16 and over, you're classed as an adult and the minimum wage for you is the same as it is for an adult.

Harwood B: Yeah moving is an option but New Zealand is very safe, and it's our home, we're not gonna just up and leave because of a few dollars. Nor can we afford to move anywhere else. Not every country has men getting paid more, but so many do unfortunately.

Rainbow Bear: Agree 100%

• Like 1

Well I guess kids get payed less... So that should change too? :P Women should be payed well since they are important to the human race :hurrhurr: Oh crap, I just said that in a Womens Rights topic >.<

Stop trying to get attention, it's getting pretty annoying.

And Harwood Butcher you say she went around your point, look what you just did - she gave you proof (if you believe it, which you should, she has no reason to lie), and now you're telling her to move...

• Like 1

Why should men get paid more in certain jobs though? Whats the reasoning behind that? Is it to say that men should get paid more in the construction industry, yet women should get paid more in, oh I don't know? Whats very stereotypical? How about childcare? Everyone should get paid the same regardless of gender or race etc.

Well maybe that deals with qualifications. Just because someone does a better job than someone doesn't always mean they should get paid more. If a guy just has an associates degree in a certain field and a women has a masters then she should get paid more.

In NZ if you're 16 and over, you're classed as an adult and the minimum wage for you is the same as it is for an adult.

Harwood B: Yeah moving is an option but New Zealand is very safe, and it's our home, we're not gonna just up and leave because of a few dollars. Nor can we afford to move anywhere else. Not every country has men getting paid more, but so many do unfortunately.

Rainbow Bear: Agree 100%

Well if you don't want to solve your problem then stop bitching. :P

And Harwood Butcher you say she went around your point, look what you just did - she gave you proof (if you believe it, which you should, she has no reason to lie), and now you're telling her to move...

...How did I go around what she said by agreeing and suggesting something that she should do??? :blink:

...How did I go around what she said by agreeing and suggesting something that she should do??? :blink:

So your changing your side of the argument then? I don't really understand where you stand...

Bitching? It's a forum. I'm expressing my concerns like everybody else here. And you ignored my point. I can't afford to move country, we're not all rich here you know.

If your way of overcoming problems is to just move country all the time then 1) you're gonna have to move country alot in your life and 2) congrats for having the money to be able to have the pleasure of doing so.

• Like 1

So your changing your side of the argument then? I don't really understand where you stand...

Well my side of the argument couldn't go any further since I can't disprove her "story". So I just left it at that and told her to move if that's how it is there.

Bitching? It's a forum. I'm expressing my concerns like everybody else here. And you ignored my point. I can't afford to move country, we're not all rich here you know.

What was your point again?

If your way of overcoming problems is to just move country all the time then 1) you're gonna have to move country alot in your life and 2) congrats for having the money to be able to have the pleasure of doing so.

Well I have the money to do that because I'm a man, I make more monies. :P