Womens Rights

Deji

Good example but it probably is literally the ONLY industry in which that happens.

I get paid more than a number of guys at my job and I also have a higher position than them.

As for rights, I think it's bullshit when women try to push rights when it comes to certain things, like playing in a men's league. Most women are much smaller and more fragile than guys are. It's not our fault, we were just made that way, so it pisses me off when some woman complains that they wont let her in a men's league when the men would bash her into the boards and break every bone in her body.

I also think it's bullshit how a woman can beat a guy up and no one says anything but when a man hits a woman, he's the ultimate asshole. No one should hit, period. It doesn't make it right to hit just because it's a woman doing it. In my opinion, if some bitch is going to hit a guy, she deserves what she gets.

Edited by YellowJacket
  • Like 1

Well I guess kids get payed less... So that should change too? :P Women should be payed well since they are important to the human race :hurrhurr: Oh crap, I just said that in a Womens Rights topic >.<

Stop trying to get attention, it's getting pretty annoying.

Eh? What the hell are you talkin about?

Don't worry, rockstarrem is just trying to make his quota.

Well I guess kids get payed less... So that should change too? :P Women should be payed well since they are important to the human race :hurrhurr: Oh crap, I just said that in a Womens Rights topic >.<

You seem to be shitting on women a lot, just stop.

Don't worry, rockstarrem is just trying to make his quota.

Yeah, down this month, gotta catch up.

My point Harwood Butcher, is that I should be able to have a discussion on a forum and state my beliefs without having to be told "move country if it's so bad". I never said it was so bad, I just said that in general, men are paid more. Running away from the country I love isn't going to fix my problems, heck loads of other countries have the same problem so no. I'll stay put thanks. Getting less money isn't going to drive me away from the country I love. I'm going travelling next year anyway.

My point Harwood Butcher, is that I should be able to have a discussion on a forum and state my beliefs without having to be told "move country if it's so bad". I never said it was so bad, I just said that in general, men are paid more. Running away from the country I love isn't going to fix my problems, heck loads of other countries have the same problem so no. I'll stay put thanks. Getting less money isn't going to drive me away from the country I love. I'm going travelling next year anyway.

Well I wasn't really telling you, it was just a suggestion.

If only all women, or anyone for that matter, looked at it things that way. Deal with what you got and make the best of it.

Good example but it probably is literally the ONLY industry in which that happens.

I get paid more than a number of guys at my job and I also have a higher position than them.

As for rights, I think it's bullshit when women try to push rights when it comes to certain things, like playing in a men's league. Most women are much smaller and more fragile than guys are. It's not our fault, we were just made that way, so it pisses me off when some woman complains that they wont let her in a men's league when the men would bash her into the boards and break every bone in her body.

I also think it's bullshit how a woman can beat a guy up and no one says anything but when a man hits a woman, he's the ultimate asshole. No one should hit, period. It doesn't make it right to hit just because it's a woman doing it. In my opinion, if some bitch is going to hit a guy, she deserves what she gets.

Regarding the pay thing - I meant to state that in equal positions, men and women are often paid different amounts, not always of course. If you hold a higher position than fellow male workers then you rightly should get paid more, so that's good :)

Agree with your other two points. Men and women have different muscle structures, which is why in physical challenges they're usually either given a slightly less amount to do, or given a longer amount of time to complete it.

And for the violence thing - yeah it's fucking ridiculous, but then if violence is being resorted to there's a bigger problem at hand.

Harwood, you're coming across pretty harsh when making your points, with the equal pay one anyway. You straight up told GBA and her mum to leave her country simply because they get paid less than men who do the same job. WTF, you didn't even say it sarcastically? Clearly you have never done any sort of business/social studies because you'd know that equal pay has long been a huge debating point and one which is still not fully and fairly resolved.

Let's take the case of the Wimbledon tennis championship. This year, 2008, was the first time in the entire existence of the competition where the competitors for the womens' title received the same prize money as the men. That's an example of a sporting championship that has only just introduced equal pay.

Here's an article published a few years ago regarding equal pay in Britain - http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2674641.stm

Maybe it's not such a big thing in America, but if anything I thought it would have been more prominent there with the way things are typically brought to the media's attention. Maybe not. Still, this is an interesting topic to see what everyone's views are. I didn't realise they'd be so different here to be honest.

Harwood, you're coming across pretty harsh when making your points, with the equal pay one anyway. You straight up told GBA and her mum to leave her country simply because they get paid less than men who do the same job. WTF, you didn't even say it sarcastically? Clearly you have never done any sort of business/social studies because you'd know that equal pay has long been a huge debating point and one which is still not fully and fairly resolved.

Well my whole point of the argument was that if you don't want to do anything about the problem...then don't bitch about it. I just suggested something drastic so that she would admit that getting paid less, although wrong, isn't a big enough deal to do something like that because of it.

Like I said previously " Deal with what you got and make the best of it."

Wasn't bitching about pay. This is a thread about women's rights. I was only sharing my feelings on the subject like everyone else. Other members have said the same things I have. Just because i'm a chick doesn't mean you have to accuse me of bitching about the topic at hand. "Move country instead of bitching" is ridiculous. if you can't share your views on a forum then what can you do? If a forum isn't intended for sharing ideas then what is it for?

Bitching would consist of "OMG men treat women like shit im so sick of the way we're treated bla bla bitch moan rant".

I'm not like that :)

I don't get how some of you missed the non-seriousness of Harwood's post. Did you fail to see the emoticon at the end? I'm sure he didn't literally mean "pack your bags and get the fuck out" but there really is no need to complain about something that you really have no control over. If that's the way things are, that's the way things are. I wouldn't be happy about doing the same job as a man and being paid less but I wouldn't bother bitching about it. I'd be happy enough to make enough money to pay my bills and live comfortably.

Edited by YellowJacket

In physical jobs, I can understand why women could get treated differently than men, but for anything else I don't really see why.

It's for the old way of thinking that women should be at home, barefoot and pregnant.

I don't get how women get offended by that. I would love to live my life at home, barefoot and pregnant, instead of working.

Wasn't bitching about pay. This is a thread about women's rights. I was only sharing my feelings on the subject like everyone else. Other members have said the same things I have. Just because i'm a chick doesn't mean you have to accuse me of bitching about the topic at hand. "Move country instead of bitching" is ridiculous. if you can't share your views on a forum then what can you do? If a forum isn't intended for sharing ideas then what is it for?

Bitching would consist of "OMG men treat women like shit im so sick of the way we're treated bla bla bitch moan rant".

I'm not like that :)

Well if you're bitching about women's rights in general, then I don't really have anything to say about that because I don't know enough about it to really argue.

When it comes to pay between men and women, my thoughts on it are slightly different than some people in this topic. You just said something that caused me to reply to your comment.

I didn't accuse you of bitching because you're a female, it was because of the way I interpreted your comments.

I haven't been too serious while commenting on this topic and there have been some people, not GBA, that took something’s that I said, not sure exactly what, very offensively. I'm not entirely sure who this/these person(s) are, although I have a slight idea who, but that's beside the point.

This is going a little off topic, but I think it makes sense to say something about this in here since my comments in this topic is what possibly caused it.

Apparently there are some members talking behind my back and calling me names because of what I've said in this topic and possibly because of some other things. Not only that, but they even gotten to the level of wanting to edit pictures of me in some odd ways: for amusement, payback or possibly just to blow of some steam. I'm not sure exactly why they'd actually discuss doing this, but I personally find their ideas strange and somewhat offending.

I would like to apologize to these anonymous people, BUT they went above and beyond the limits at which I would apologize.

Being that these people were insulted by some of my comments in here, which most of them were towards GBA, I would assume I offended GBA as well, which was never an intention of mine. So I would like to apologize to GBA if I did indeed offend you at all in this topic. I was honestly being sarcastic half of the time and I never actually try to offend anyone, but apparently some of my opinions/suggestions could be very offending to certain people.

You don't have to apologise for anything. You have just as much rights to voice your opinion as anyone else here does. It's a discussion forum. Not everyone will agree with everyone else and we are all free to say what we think.

I find it pretty pathetic that people are making fun of you and editing your pictures just because of your opinion. It shows how immature and stupid those people are.

• 1 month later...

Womens rights are very unfair still. Women generaly arent as strong as men (Oh, thats right, all the time with your MSN barbie bimbo dolls, couldbve been at the gym), so they should all be allowed to have free Auto Matic weapons!!!

As for men, they will recive a BB gun.

Womens rights are very unfair still. Women generaly arent as strong as men (Oh, thats right, all the time with your MSN barbie bimbo dolls, couldbve been at the gym), so they should all be allowed to have free Auto Matic weapons!!!

As for men, they will recive a BB gun.

A woman physically can't be as strong as a man that works out just as hard as they do, unless of course they use drugs such as steroids.

Although in some cases women are stronger than certain men because of their own physical fitness.

Women are limited to certain jobs being that women don’t have the same potential at gaining strength than men, but a lot of great jobs don't require really any physical strength.

In a way, women have a better chance at getting a better job than men because they won't be as side tracked by jobs requiring tough, physical labor. Provided that they know those facts and attempt to stay away from those particular jobs.

"Man flu" Says it all really.

Also I would like to see a man squeeze something the size of melon out of his arse and not complain <_<

I would like to see a woman doing it without complaining aswell :P

I've seen woman carpenters who are better than a lot of male ones. A lot of times in jobs like this they use team work for lifting heavy objects, and if there is no one around to help a someone who may not be able to lift the object alone, there is plenty of work around that needs to be done until someone is free to help.

But when a woman is denied a generally male job she wants because she physically can't do the job due to things such as size, strength, endurance, safety issues etc. and cries foul and sexism, that to me is wrong. If there is a safety issue involved and employing them would put that person and others in danger, then they have no right to complain. Yes it may sting a bit not getting that job you want, but it's better to deny someone a job so that others or the person wanting the job can avoid being seriously injured.

This doesn't just apply to women, it can apply to everyone, but this was bringing up the sexism card.

"Man flu" Says it all really.

Also I would like to see a man squeeze something the size of melon out of his arse and not complain <_<

I had a feeling that would come up. But yes, I have had some really big shits. The saying "Tore myself a new one" comes to mind when I take my dumps.

I don't want to go into great detail, but that "saying" pretty much describes it.

Anyways, vaginas are usually larger than ass holes...so that's not the greatest comparison...but it is the closest you could get to I guess.

Just because women are able to squeeze babies out of their vag without dieing doesn't really prove much. They still go through great pain and scream a hell of a lot...so that doesn't really prove that women have better "pain threshold". Although, that doesn't mean I don't respect what women go through.

Blue: I do realize that some women actually do die from child birth...so don't get mad.

Although...there have been some guys that have died from large shits...Elvis anyone?