Womens Rights

Deji

I don't want to do hard labour, I couldn't as I do have back problems which get worse with periods so whats your point? Guess what woman can get mean while on their periods because of mood swings, a friend of mine had to be put on the pill to calm her down as her mood swings were very bad.

This flaming on me and Yellow Jacket is ridiculus as Im sorry you guys will never know what we go through. Pregancy is very hard on a womans body, its painful and not pleasant and then afterwards you can spend days in labour. Its very hard, but its not fair that all you can say is "get over it". But lets face it men don't have to go through such drastic strains on your body and have to suffer pain.

Nate seems to be the most respectful and understanding male member we have in this topic, and as Yellow Jacket said he is awesome.

Woman do get rejected from jobs quite alot because they are woman, I studied this in Sociology before anyone gets shitty with me. Employers think "Oh no they might get pregnant I have to pay for maternity leave" that is a very common reason for that. Also there is the 'Glass Ceiling" which shows woman really struggle to get higher in their careers because of sexism. So yes its very bad when woman get rejected from jobs for being woman, but it does happen alot.

I'll resist flaming because I wouldn't want to make a boy cry :)

People keep trying to prove that women could do all this shit...and I don't doubt that they can, but if you're saying shit like "I would be basically crippled for a week because my back would get so bad and painful.", how could you do these hard labor jobs if you're out for a week every month?

The symptoms are different for EVERY FEMALE. Some don't get much pain at all and others are leaning against walls trying to stand up. One month, it might not hurt so much and the next month, you're doubling over in pain. You can't predict it.

You think I'm against women, but I'm not. I just don't like when genders or races single each other out. WE'RE ALL HUMAN. We all try to get along in our lives and we all, mostly, have the same issues. So why go through all this bullshit trying to figure out who has it tougher and who should be treated better because of what nature or the past gave them.

This is where you are wrong.

I am in no way a feminist. I don't walk around yelling TREAT WOMEN EQUALLY. To be honest, I actually don't get along with very many females and prefer male company because I have more in common with them. I am in no way trying to single out women but a lot of men make it that way because they complain about us complaining but we have a damn good reason to complain and a lot of men don't get it. I don't expect a man to feel sorry for me at all but don't sit there and be a total asshole just because I'm complaining about cramps and act as if a period is nothing.

Again, why should we respect a natural thing that you have to go through? I respect women going through child birth because they choose to do it, 90% of the time, and it's furthering our existance. Yeah, periods hurt and that sucks, but that's no reason to respect it.

You prove your ignorance, once again.

Females don't ask to bleed and go through pain every single month. We don't ask for hot flashes, cold sweats and dizzyness. We have to put up with that shit our entire lives and can't do anything about it. No woman wants to have periods or menopause. We're forced to go through it so you're darn right it deserves some respect. If I asked to have a period and then complained about it, I could understand not getting respect for it because it would be my choice but I don't want it but have to live with it.

You also don't know much about women when they are on their periods. Otherwise, you would know that mood swings are something we can't really control.

If you don't know what you are talking about, don't comment on it.

I'm bored Mom is off doing things at the mall with Josh and Dad is upstairs working so I decided to come in hear and stick my foot in my mouth. I can only speak from a native US point of view and not of other exotic lands such as Canada. But women seem to have plenty of freedom here if they seek it. We had a man who killed his wife here in my small city some time ago because she got her hair cut. They were from India or some place like that and owned the motel out on Euclid Avenue. He set her on fire as tradition called for in their country. He was prompty arrested as tradition called for in our country.

I once heard a statistic say that only 2% of violent crimes are commited by women. You girls need to work on that and level the playing field start killing today. I don't think anyone knows exactly what "they" want when they want freedom and equal rights. Freedom is a concept that just doesn't exist. When people say the US is a free country that is not true. The only way to experience true freedom is to be alone on a desert island. Once you have anyone with you they will tell you to stop wiping your ass on the coconuts and then you have rules and laws.

Anarchists like myself believe in handing the government over to the people without politicians telling you what to do. You would still have law and order, cops would still do their jobs the same as doctors would perform theirs. The big difference is the cop would no longer be pressured by the politician to go out and arrest people just to make money for the state. Let me put my soapbox away...

I will close by saying that it is recorded in US law that a woman who commits murder while on her period can actually plead temporary insanity.

I think you guys need to look into what the "period" does. I really shouldn't say this, because it's like, extremely personal, but my autistic sister (can't communicate at all) is going through it right now at the age of 10. She looks really really sick every day and it's because of that.

You guys that are saying "omg get over it" are being ridiculous... it's something all women have to go through each month. Obviously you guys are taking it way to lightly.

Yeah, I understand that it is pretty bad, but I don't like how some girls don't apologise for it because they think they have the right to be like that or start being a dickhead on their period because they think they can, other than that, I have no problem with girls being on their period, and understand what they go through..

girl: "go fuck yourself dickhead"

guy: "what?"

girl: "OMG YOU CAN SO NOT SAY ANYTHING COZ I IS ON MY PERIOD!"

Edited by Twisted

Yeah, I understand that it is pretty bad, but I don't like how some girls don't apologise for it because they think they have the right to be like that or start being a dickhead on their period because they think they can, other than that, I have no problem with girls being on their period, and understand what they go through..

hmm... I never had any girls including girlfriends say that to me out of the blue. Are you sure you didn't start your conversation with a pick up line like, "Hey babe. Nice tits!" or something like that?

Maybe you are just hanging with the wrong girls. I am 14 going to be 15 this March and I hang with older college girls 18 to 20. I still get along with girls at school but the college girls feel a lot less insecure and more at ease with themselves. Also some get freaked out when I tell them yeah I'm 14 years old. I have had some treat me slightly different when they find out I am a minor but very seldom. At that point any chance for a date goes out the window.

People reading in foreign lands might not understand but here in the US most people who date attempt to date and marry within 3 years of their own age. Due to the division of the educational system you will jump buildings every so often grades K-4 in one building 5-8 in the next and 9-12 in the last so you end up with kids ages 5 to 8 in one building and then they jump 9 to 12 in another and 13 to 18 in high school. So you see the government controls how people meet and what age we date. It may not seem like that you are being controlled but the control is there and I attend college functions and meet students there when I can.

ToonSkull :thumbsup:

hmm... I never had any girls including girlfriends say that to me out of the blue. Are you sure you didn't start your conversation with a pick up line like, "Hey babe. Nice tits!" or something like that?

Maybe you are just hanging with the wrong girls.

No...I didn't.

and...maybe I'm not hanging with the wrong girls? Since they are my friends. Not gonna automatically hate them because they call me a dickhead once a month.

• 4 weeks later...
Are womens rights fair? I'd like to think people have progressed in the last few years and from my view, women seem to have fair rights. But I was wondering what anyone else thought.

Btw, my sig aint offending anyone right? :P

EXCEPT FOR ABORTION (a.k.a. Legalized murder)

I think the rights of Women and other races are perfectly accepable, and I like them.

However, I am strongly against Gay Rights/ Marriage, AND ABORTION

Why are you against abortion? Why should a woman who has been raped not be allowed to abort that baby? I don't agree with abortion after it gets to the point that the baby can feel everything, but when its a set of cells about the size of a peanut then I see that as OK. Not allowing abortion could ruin many peoples lives and this would affect the child.

Why are you against abortion? Why should a woman who has been raped not be allowed to abort that baby? I don't agree with abortion after it gets to the point that the baby can feel everything, but when its a set of cells about the size of a peanut then I see that as OK. Not allowing abortion could ruin many peoples lives and this would affect the child.

I'm mixed opinion about rape abortion, but there is adoption.

Are womens rights fair? I'd like to think people have progressed in the last few years and from my view, women seem to have fair rights. But I was wondering what anyone else thought.

Btw, my sig aint offending anyone right? :P

EXCEPT FOR ABORTION (a.k.a. Legalized murder)

I think the rights of Women and other races are perfectly accepable, and I like them.

However, I am strongly against Gay Rights/ Marriage, AND ABORTION

There was no need to state that. And women's rights are still not up to scratch.

I'm mixed opinion about rape abortion, but there is adoption.

Do you understand how over-populated this world is? Do you know how many adoption agencies are crawling with kids that they just can't get to families? There are way more children than there are people willing to adopt. HEY! Maybe if we let GAY COUPLES adopt, the adoption agencies would feel some relief!