Obama wins historic US election

Chris

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people hate Fox because they dare to speak against the Messiah. Fuck Obama. If he and his followers can't handle being asked the same tough questions which they berated McCain/Palin with then they should get the fuck out of the game. Yes, Fox makes mistakes like any other news corporation/station but it isn't a recurring trend of inaccuracies like you are suggesting. I switched between Fox News' coverage and CNN's coverage of the election and let me tell you they were pretty much exactly the same. They both had McCain winning in the beginning until the more NE state polls came in and had Obama at a steady lead from then.

Yeah, need I remind you of every single news report they've ever done about videogames? Considering this is a website dedicated to a particularly violent game, Fox News is just one target for our bile, as well as Hillary Clinton and Jack Thompson. It makes sense that some of us here don't give a damn what Fox News thinks regarding anything.

The thing that pissed me off was being told today "you don't like Obama because he is black". Wow, so I guess that I MUST like him just because of his skin colour? Yes, I wanted McCain to win, but it had nothing to do with skin colour. I didn't see the election as black vs white. I saw two people in a Presidential race. No colours, just people.

The funny thing is, if someone didn't want Obama to win and they were white, they were automatically labelled as a racist yet every single black person at my job was jumping for joy and chanting OBAMA, OBAMA, yet no one turned around and called them racists for not wanting McCain to win.

What a world we live in.

Being mixed race, I really wanted Obama to win. And I'm glad that most Americans were not biased enough to vote for him. Aparently most of the people who didn't vote for him were racist, but dunno where that information has come from

Wow I'm surprised no one took up this post. I honestly hope you don't believe MOST people that didn't vote for him were racist. Yeah, I'm sure a handful did, but its not all about race. And biased? What? I'm sure many BLACKS voted for him just because he's half.

----

Mpilk, I was in a rush to go to school, wanted to put something in before I left. =P

Obama: The guy basically went from a nobody to someone, he was in Senate for 2 months before running for president.. so that's 16/18 months he spent running for president out of his total time. Also I feel like when he converted to Christianity (the popular religion of America) he did it to make people happy and want to vote because he is. It's like all you have to do is call yourself something, and you're it. I don't know of many "professionals" that just decide to change religions so unlike each other. He has a few good principals, though.

McCain: Possibly another bush, we have a war going on that shouldn't have been started. I don't believe in sticking my nose in everyone's business. He does have years of experience, and has more religious hits than Obama, if that means anything to you. I think with the majority the religion it is, they would've voted this way.

But its all about the money.

Everything is personal opinion.. if you honestly get angry and want to bitch, PM me. I'm sure I can work out a nice vacation plan for you.

-Sky

The thing that pissed me off was being told today "you don't like Obama because he is black". Wow, so I guess that I MUST like him just because of his skin colour? Yes, I wanted McCain to win, but it had nothing to do with skin colour. I didn't see the election as black vs white. I saw two people in a Presidential race. No colours, just people.

The funny thing is, if someone didn't want Obama to win and they were white, they were automatically labelled as a racist yet every single black person at my job was jumping for joy and chanting OBAMA, OBAMA, yet no one turned around and called them racists for not wanting McCain to win.

What a world we live in.

Yeah, it's kind of the same over here. But some adults I know have said they would vote for Obama (Ofcourse, if they lived in the United States) because McCain is old and ugly. Some reason for wanting to vote for someone.

--

Anyway, yeah, January is when Obama officially takes office and power of the USA. Not long considering the months are going faster now (Not literally).

I wonder if such election were to happen in Canada or the UK and it would get such news coverage around the world, the USA isn't the only country that is important, it's been dominating the BBC and other British news networks for the past year now.

Yes I was watching BBC's coverage, very nicely done, rotating people in and out for discussion and that touch screen was cool...you'd never see a touch screen like that in American media. :awesome:

Also I'm fairly certain that if the world could have voted in this election, Obama would have won by at least a 9:1 margin.

Anyway the one big thing I care about, net neutrality, Obama supports and McCain doesn't. So there.

I'm certainly glad you didn't vote((still underage, right?)).... Because if you voted based solely on net neutrality.... Fuckin' hell.

i'm about to make a topic about him but then again i'm too lazy to do that ^_^

i think he is actually an honest leader, and now that the first black president in America has been elected i feel relieved because perhaps discrimination against race is no more in politics. and let's not forget that his stepfather is an Indonesian :P

i honestly think that Obama has his own vision about USA, and these visions are important to the future of one of the most respected state on earth. about stopping the iraq war and all. he is quite the hero, and all we need these days is him to be the leader and not McCain. because i think McCain would just be an ordinary president, not phenomenal like Obama.

There is no racial discrimination in politics. Blacks are HARDLY treated worse. In fact, blacks get treated special because they are black. Racism? Yeah. Against white people.

Being mixed race, I really wanted Obama to win. And I'm glad that most Americans were not biased enough to vote for him. Aparently most of the people who didn't vote for him were racist, but dunno where that information has come from. Obama seems like a great leader. He isn't talking crap most of the time and may probably get down to some actual changes instead of talking about them to make everyone feel like the country is improving... The only bad thing is he's a politician :P Kinda interrupts my "Hate all politicians" thing... :)

Hopefully he will stop the war in Iraq. Why the hell is America invading anyway!?

You wanted him to win because he was mixed race? OMGZRACISTLULZ!

tl;dr bs about Fox News being the greatest thing ever

Fox News reports their opinions like it's unchangeable fact. In ONE 30 minute session they made three articles that were way off. One, of course, was about how realistic violent video games are((which was spoken over a clip of GTA III consisting of Claude ramming his Cheetah into an unmovable pole, climbing out unhurt, pulling out a rocket launcher and shooting pedestrians.... Unbelievably REALISTIC)) harmful to children... Another was about salvia and how it's insane dangerous and way stronger than pot..... Seriously, Fox.... Seriously? I forgot what the third article was about.

What a world we live in.

Fucking blows, doesn't it? Apparently in some state black people were lining the doors not letting Republicans or whites in. TALK ABOUT RACISM.

I'm unhappy about the election. However, he still needs to make it to January. Most of my friends don't think he'll make it. I mean, before he was even elected there was already an attempted assassination.

channel nine in australia still hasnt got over it eheh..

they said it in the afternoon news,the 6oclock news, the late night news, the early mornign news, the midday news i imagine, and tonights news as well (6oclock and late news).

yeah my friends were saying "well he will be president if he survives til january" whether he will be assasinated or what before then...

i didnt really support either of them (or anyone for that matter), im not interested much in australian politics let alone USA politics. \\

nobody makes a big deal of aus election like it is in USA either. its like meh i voted for that guy. lol.

Yes I was watching BBC's coverage, very nicely done, rotating people in and out for discussion and that touch screen was cool...you'd never see a touch screen like that in American media. :awesome:

Also I'm fairly certain that if the world could have voted in this election, Obama would have won by at least a 9:1 margin.

Anyway the one big thing I care about, net neutrality, Obama supports and McCain doesn't. So there.

I'm certainly glad you didn't vote((still underage, right?)).... Because if you voted based solely on net neutrality.... Fuckin' hell.

Oh, sorry, I guess I'm not allowed to vote based on the issues that are important to me? Net neutrality is the most important for me, yes, but there wre others including healthcare plans and education spending. But yes, I am not old enough to vote so it doesn't matter.

Speaking on not being old enough. Lol I turned 18 on November 3rd. And the Election was on November 4th. So I can't vote until the next election, kind of sucks, because I wanted to vote, wouldn't have mattered anyways, Obama would have won. If I would have registered to vote, then I would have to do jury duty and all types of stuff, I really don't want to register.

i'm about to make a topic about him but then again i'm too lazy to do that ^_^

i think he is actually an honest leader, and now that the first black president in America has been elected i feel relieved because perhaps discrimination against race is no more in politics. and let's not forget that his stepfather is an Indonesian :P

i honestly think that Obama has his own vision about USA, and these visions are important to the future of one of the most respected state on earth. about stopping the iraq war and all. he is quite the hero, and all we need these days is him to be the leader and not McCain. because i think McCain would just be an ordinary president, not phenomenal like Obama.

There is no racial discrimination in politics. Blacks are HARDLY treated worse. In fact, blacks get treated special because they are black. Racism? Yeah. Against white people.

yeah i just think that this day would never come so soon. african american as a president, you know. it's the dawn of a new era (i may have exagerrate it a little). but some people (from all over the world) think that black can only be an actor, a basketball superstar, etc. italian as a mafia, actors, etc.

there are some people who still thinks like that you know (like my own mother), and now i can prove them wrong.

so it's just good to know that Obama wins, if i'm an american i would have voted for him anyway.

Being mixed race, I really wanted Obama to win. And I'm glad that most Americans were not biased enough to vote for him. Aparently most of the people who didn't vote for him were racist, but dunno where that information has come from

Wow I'm surprised no one took up this post. I honestly hope you don't believe MOST people that didn't vote for him were racist. Yeah, I'm sure a handful did, but its not all about race. And biased? What? I'm sure many BLACKS voted for him just because he's half.

Never said I believed it...

Fucking blows, doesn't it? Apparently in some state black people were lining the doors not letting Republicans or whites in. TALK ABOUT RACISM.

I'm unhappy about the election. However, he still needs to make it to January. Most of my friends don't think he'll make it. I mean, before he was even elected there was already an attempted assassination.

I read today that Donovan McNabb decided to register to vote for the first time once he heard a black man could be the next President. Wow, racist much? Yet who calls these people out? No one.

You see all these black celebrities promoting Obama but did they even pay attention to the election or did they just endorse him because of his skin colour? Pretty sure it all had to do with his skin colour.

Racism isn't a completely equal matter, it really relies on the context. When you're discriminating against a race that has been in superior positions for all of history compared to one that has been heavily oppressed for the past 200 years and only recently breaking through the oppression, it's extremely different, and you have to consider that.

That aside, I'm white, I voted for Obama - race wasn't an issue. I know black people that voted for Obama and race wasn't an issue. YellowJacket, what you said about black celebrities voting Obama based off skin color is very judgemental, and really has no backing. Sure that's how some people react, maybe becuase that's how they actually feel or that's how they are expected to react, but I'm sure they are also sensible to realize that skin color isn't everything. With Obama's skin color comes his background, social standing, and a majority of his political views, which is what other black people can associate with. And it's quite obvious that you'd vote for the candidate you can associate with more. For example, I'm white but have a hell of a lot more in common with Barack Obama than I do with John McCain, and I had more confidence that Obama would strive to fulfill similar goals that I believe in.

Also I didn't completely read this thread, but YellowJacket, you seem to be the only person I've talked to that lives outside America and supported McCain :P

Edited by rappo

Well done Obama. I'm not American so I will have absolutley fuck all to do with this really and it isn't going to affect me, but by some of the speeches, it is clear that he is a remarkable man.

Well actually it has alot to do with every country. America is powerful and the election could've meant alliences being dropped resulting in less recources for some countries and even war... So it could effect you in alot of ways :D

Just making my only serious lines of my life. :)