Developers using Patches and Stores to cheat us out of our money?

Mpilk901

Alot of Developers seem to use the advantage of Patches and Stores such as the PSN Store or Xbox Live to cheat us out of our money. They'll release the game early to rush it out when it packed with bugs and glitches then just patch it up throughout the year. Also sometimes they'll release the game and a week later they'll have characters or costumes which you have to pay for on the store. Why can't they just include these in the game? It's quite obvious they were made before the game came out and are just ripping people off their money.

A good example is PAIN on the PSN Store. You pay 10$ for an average fun game but only get one costume. If you want more characters or levels guess what? You have to pay for them! Their just ripping people off by including so little in the game and relying solely on the store to get more money.

Just thought I might post my opinion as a lot of game developers seem to be getting lazy and will just use patches and stores to their advantage. What do you guys think?

Edited by Mpilk901

Yeah, well it is shocking. At least stuff for the Computer is free and the patches should also be free on the PS3/360 because they are the same as patches on the computer except for a different game.

I buy games a few months or years after the release so there are hardly any noticeable bugs or errors and are more update.

I only go for high quality games, so I'm not really bothered about this. I was happy to pay £6.99 for the COD4 Variety Map pack a few months ago, but when it's just additional costumes and the like, I'm not interested. Like Motorstorm, releasing individual tracks and vehicles, I couldn't care less.

I only go for high quality games, so I'm not really bothered about this. I was happy to pay £6.99 for the COD4 Variety Map pack a few months ago, but when it's just additional costumes and the like, I'm not interested. Like Motorstorm, releasing individual tracks and vehicles, I couldn't care less.

Oh yeah you have to pay for that pack don't you, I got it for free with my GOTY edition :D

Anyway your right about Motorstorm. The same thing is starting to happen with LBP.