"Decoding the Past"

Harwood Butcher

Right now I'm watching a special on the History channel called "Decoding the Past". Its all about the prophesies of numerous people from various points in time.

They include the Mayan calendar, the "I Ching", the historical "Merlin", the Holy Bible and many more. Ironically all of these stories/prophesies all say that 2012 is the end of time. I've mentioned this many times before in a lot of different topics, but I keep watching new videos and reading new things that involve this year for some reason.

2012 isn't that far off and I was just wondering what everyone thinks of this.

Have any of you heard of any stories about 2012?

It's just what all these bitches could count to, that's all. Come 2013, we'll all be still alive. We'll be doing science, and we'll be still alive.

Yeah, I don't think anythings really gonna happen, but I find it odd that 2012 gets brought up a lot. The thing that really gets me thinking is when certain "prophesies" explained when certain things were going to happen in America thousands of years before America was around. Some of these prophesies even gave names of people who would be in power during a certain time and it turned out right and its these same prophesies that talk about 2012 being dooms day.

Yeah, I've heard some stories about this stuff. To be honest, I think it is a load of bull. I also heard the Mayans didn't say it was the end of the world. They said it was the end of History, and the beginning of a new era.

Yeah, I've heard of that before...but why stop on December 21st? Why couldn't they finish the last 10 days?

First off, OGTAM your sig is extremely kinky. ^_^

I don't really believe in this whole 2012 end of the world stuff. They said we would all die when they tested the LHC but we didn't. They said we would be saved by aliens in the end of October but we weren't. When it's 2013 I'm going to post all over forums being an annoying prat saying "I told you so!" Btw I'm not implying that you believe in it.

First off, OGTAM your sig is extremely kinky. ^_^

Thank you! :awesome:

I don't really believe in this whole 2012 end of the world stuff. They said we would all die when they tested the LHC but we didn't. They said we would be saved by aliens in the end of October but we weren't. When it's 2013 I'm going to post all over forums being an annoying prat saying "I told you so!" Btw I'm not implying that you believe in it.

Well the LHC broke before they could use it...they turned it on, but that's not what was gonna end the world. They said the world was gonna end if we used an atomic bomb, but our atmosphere didn't get wiped out or anything...people just got killed and some left a little deformed.

The whole thing about this past October...a random ass lady predicted that would happen. She has a bad history of giving horribly false predictions. I don't think anyone that has heard of her before believed her...even people that never heard of her before probably didn't believed her.

Out of curiosity...what will you do if something does begin to happen in 2012?

If the Mayans were sooooo smart they could predict the exact date of the end of the world, where are they now?

They got scared and ran away, DUR!

...JK

I don't think intelligence really has anything to do with predictions, given that people are actually able to predict the future.

On a second look at your comment, it seems like you're suggesting that the Mayans were some sort of race or possibly sort of like a Neanderthal and all of the sudden got wiped out. Their society just evolved into something else. Although, I could be wrong because my knowledge of Mayans isn't that great.

Didn't they all get wiped out? So they know exactly when the world will end, but not how to make a gun. Great.

Did they get wiped out? How did they get wiped out? Like I said, my knowledge of Mayans isn't that great. I'd have to look that up.

Again, guns = technology, which requires intelligence. I personally don't think you need to be intelligent to be able to make predictions, if people are able to spiritually make predictions about the future in the first place.

I don't see how you could debunk a prediction about the future, but I'll watch them. :thumbsup:

EDIT: I was agreeing with what he was saying up until he started talking about Nibiru, "Planet X". The narrator makes it seem like the whole idea is a theory, but there is scientific evidence that there is a large body far out in our solar system that is causing certain affects to our solar system. In the early 1900's scientist believed Pluto was the cause of it, but Pluto is way to small to cause it. Scientist still believe today that there is a large body far out past Pluto that is causing this...which some people believe is Nibiru, which could be true, but this doesn't prove it's theorized orbit.

Ok, now I'm gonna try to watch the rest.

EDIT: EDIT: Another thing...he mentioned that aliens would know about the rings and moons of planets, but if aliens some how told Mayans about our solar system...maybe they just didn't mention those things. Maybe they classify our moon as a planet for some reason. Pluto's moon is almost the size of Pluto so any other civilization in outer space could look at Pluto and it's moon as two planets as well as our own Moon.

...Ok, back to the video.

FINAL EDIT: Well at the end he says that he believes in the prophesies of the Holy Bible, which is one of the things I mentioned in my first post.

Edited by Harwood Butcher

Some of these prophesies even gave names of people who would be in power during a certain time and it turned out right

errr what...? real examples please

I don't go for any of this stuff, these prophecies are just people analyzing texts with preconceived motives. Sure I could probably find a reference to the name "George Bush" in the Bible if I tried hard enough, but that's because I'm actually LOOKING for it.

Sure I could probably find a reference to the name "George Bush" in the Bible if I tried hard enough, but that's because I'm actually LOOKING for it.

go ahead and try to find "George Bush" in the Bible then. Prove your point.

Go check out the show "Decoding the Past" All the info is in there.

Actually "George Bush" is in the Bible, not sure if this has been brought up but have you heard of the Bible Code? Might be lies, but if you look at pages and try and find words, be it going down in angles, etc., you can find just about everything that's happened. There's a show about it that randomly pops up on History International.

But never mind, sorry just wanted to mention that, back on topic. I'm quite positive that if something were to hit the earth, and we know about it this far in advance, there's nothing to be worried about at all.

go ahead and try to find "George Bush" in the Bible then. Prove your point.

Alright welcome to first grade... :erm: It's rhetoric - I'm not claiming to have found such things, I'm just saying that when you overanalyze something with the intent of finding a specific reference, you're bound to find it. It's much like what MishoM mentioned above - you develop these codes and whatnot and you basically start seeing what you want to see. Another prime example is the stuff they go on about in the Da Vinci Code.

Go check out the show "Decoding the Past" All the info is in there.

I don't have a television, so whatever...

I just figured it would be a lot easier for someone who has seen the show to share what they saw and heard, seeing as I have no idea what to search for online. Any specific names that you remember so I can at least figure out what to search?

...Did you not read the first post of this topic...or even read the topic title? You could find all the answers by searching the name of the show.