Live Radio Feed

Butters!

I've been listening to radio over the internet for a while, and have been playing GTA SA in windowed mode, to replace the radio stations already in the game, but I have started playing GTA SA:MP again. I don't want to risk using the evil DLL file which will get me banned if the server finds me using it, and I have tried ALT + ENTER ingame to force windowed mode, but it just crashes the game, so is there a way to add in a LIVE Radio Feed to listen to, or do I have to use SAAT to make my own station that repeats itself?

I've been listening to radio over the internet for a while, and have been playing GTA SA in windowed mode, to replace the radio stations already in the game, but I have started playing GTA SA:MP again. I don't want to risk using the evil DLL file which will get me banned if the server finds me using it, and I have tried ALT + ENTER ingame to force windowed mode, but it just crashes the game, so is there a way to add in a LIVE Radio Feed to listen to, or do I have to use SAAT to make my own station that repeats itself?

I don't know, but in the user tracks I use shortcuts instead of installing the entire mp3. The shortcut link points to the MP3's in my music directory so I can listen to my favorite tunes in GTA 3, VC, and SA with only one copy. You might be able to make some kind of link to the radio stations -but then again, as I recall- of the three SA is very touchy about the way you set it up. I ended up having to make the mp3's into oggs which made no sense. My Documents\GTA San Andreas User Files\User Tracks is the location for custom music tracks.

BTW if you need to convert MP3 to OGG use Audacity it is a great open source project.

JAB B)

Sorry for double post...

I've just checked it out and there is no way to get this to work with CLEO. You'd have to find a stream that runs as an .mp3 file which is inexistant. They all usually are .m3u files or something.

Trying to play any other files or pretending they are mp3 files to fool CLEO won't work either. It just makes the game crash.

So unless there is a way you can do this by using the user track folder... This is impossible. Maybe when CLEO has the abillity to play other files... Then I'll be able to do something.

• 1 year later...

That would be a great mod. The only way to do that without actually creating a mod would be to have the radio recording as an MP3 file in your user tracks file and have it play in GTA SA while its recording (if you get what I mean). But I'm not sure if it will work as the file will be recording and playing at the same time, the game could crash or just be unable to play it as it's opened in a different program.