question about car mods, + caprice cop car question

hitmanex

I noticed some car "skins" change the way the vehicle handles, what is the cause of this? when i used an ambulance skin the handling was way different..and what do .dff files contain?

my second question, is more of a request, im looking for a cop car caprice skin,

http://www.gtainside.com/download.php?do=c...derBy=downloads

Cheverolet_Caprice_SFPD_SPC.jpg

http://files.gtainside.com/downloads/ftp/1...ce_SFPD_SPC.rar

is perfect however the fake "passenger" in the back seat pisses me off, i play multiplayer and everytime i crash this fake passanger always talks, anyone got any good caprice skins or can edit that one and remove the passenger?

Edited by hitmanex

no the skins you have arent as good quality as the one i linked the one i linked was made by plumbars and it is their final version, the lady in the back really pisses me off, they also had previous versions http://spc.keiby.com/index.php?view=articl...t&Itemid=60

the skins you gave seem to be vice city conversions, their tires are too big and their low quality

but the one int he first post was their FINAL version for san fierro, so if someone can remove that chacarcter from the back seat cause that lady in the back seat really pisses me off...

ant about the handling, no i never modded handling.cfg, this is .dff and .txd change only, and i noticed the vehicles control differently, when i tried some rancher (copcarru) .dff and .txd changes of a hummer the car rolled over on a dime, it controlled really differently

Edited by hitmanex

i play multiplayer and everytime i crash this fake passanger always talks, anyone got any good caprice skins or can edit that one and remove the passenger?

This is just the DFF edited alone I normally won't touch other people's work but since he didn't lock the DFF I will assume he doesn't mind. I just removed the extra (that is her part ID) and it should work for you but I didn't test it... I will let you be the guinea pig. :whistle:

So let me know when you download it, if this works. If it doesn't I will remove the attachment and make changes.

JAB B)

(Attachment was removed: see below)

Edited by JAB HacksouL

no the skins you have arent as good quality as the one i linked the one i linked was made by plumbars and it is their final version, the lady in the back really pisses me off, they also had previous versions http://spc.keiby.com/index.php?view=articl...t&Itemid=60

the skins you gave seem to be vice city conversions, their tires are too big and their low quality

but the one int he first post was their FINAL version for san fierro, so if someone can remove that chacarcter from the back seat cause that lady in the back seat really pisses me off...

ant about the handling, no i never modded handling.cfg, this is .dff and .txd change only, and i noticed the vehicles control differently, when i tried some rancher (copcarru) .dff and .txd changes of a hummer the car rolled over on a dime, it controlled really differently

Well sorry...Im just trying to be helpful. The cars dont have big tyres in my game. Maybe I have a certain mod installed? (rhetorical Question)

i play multiplayer and everytime i crash this fake passanger always talks, anyone got any good caprice skins or can edit that one and remove the passenger?

This is just the DFF edited alone I normally won't touch other people's work but since he didn't lock the DFF I will assume he doesn't mind. I just removed the extra (that is her part ID) and it should work for you but I didn't test it... I will let you be the guinea pig. :whistle:

So let me know when you download it, if this works. If it doesn't I will remove the attachment and make changes.

JAB B)

it doesnt work man, thank you for trying, but the car windows and whole top siren frame has no texture now

30ub9dc.jpg

she isnt always in the car, she randomly seems to spawn with the car, some cars dont have her, how can i try to remove her myself?

t681t5.jpg

Well sorry...Im just trying to be helpful. The cars dont have big tyres in my game. Maybe I have a certain mod installed? (rhetorical Question)

lol, well im specific on those skins cause their high quality

Edited by hitmanex

it doesnt work man, thank you for trying, but the car windows and whole top siren frame has no texture now

she isnt always in the car, she randomly seems to spawn with the car, some cars dont have her, how can i try to remove her myself?

Oops. I removed the attachment so others won't be downloading crappy files.

She is attached to the chassis of the car as Extra1 as you can see here. I will try again later...

JAB B)

Ok try this one.

(removed this one too.)

Edited by JAB HacksouL

Oops. I removed the attachment so others won't be downloading crappy files.

She is attached to the chassis of the car as Extra1 as you can see here. I will try again later...

JAB B)

Ok try this one.

its the same problem as above (white windows untextured roof) , hmm i tried it myself, and i also get untextured top end, you would think its as easy as deleting extra1, what do you think is going on here, why is extra1 having such impact on the texture of the car, i also tried saving it with auto detect ligts on, in bmp format, and the whole car becomes untextured

Edited by hitmanex

its the same problem as above (white windows untextured roof) , hmm i tried it myself, and i also get untextured top end, you would think its as easy as deleting extra1, what do you think is going on here, why is extra1 having such impact on the texture of the car, i also tried saving it with auto detect ligts on, in bmp format, and the whole car becomes untextured

ZModeler is ready.
Texture "C:\Documents\Dev\Formats\GTA_SA\Cars\Common/vehicleenvmap128.tga" was not found. file:TexturesService.cpp line:457
Texture "C:\Documents\Dev\Formats\GTA_SA\Cars\Common/vehiclelights128.tga" was not found. file:TexturesService.cpp line:457
Texture "C:\Documents\Dev\Formats\GTA_SA\Cars\Common/vehiclelights128.tga" was not found. file:TexturesService.cpp line:457
Texture "C:\Documents\Dev\Formats\GTA_SA\Cars\Common/vehicleenvmap128.tga" was not found. file:TexturesService.cpp line:457
Texture "C:\Documents\Dev\Formats\GTA_SA\Cars\Common/carpback.tga" was not found. file:TexturesService.cpp line:457
Texture "C:\Documents\Dev\Formats\GTA_SA\Cars\Common/carplate.tga" was not found. file:TexturesService.cpp line:457

If you look at my screen shot you will see we are missing some other textures at the bottom I keep getting these warnings no matter what I try. If you are using Zmodeler 2 then here are the steps I am using to import:

1. extra all the images from the TXD to TGA's in the same directory as the DFF

2. Run Zmodeler and import the DFF

3. Go to the pane on the far left and expand the list until you find Extra1

4. Right click on Extra1 -->edit -->delete

Then export back to the DFF. The model looks great in the Zmodeler but like I said there are those warning flags that seem to be the cause. I have to skate I have school.

JAB B)

Edited by JAB HacksouL

O K there hitman I just got in the door from school and if you look in the readme file it tell you that you need a custom lights package from gta.com.ua and inside that rar file is the txd with the textures you need just extract as TGA into the same directory as you working model delete the Extra1 part and export.

Link:http://gta.com.ua/files/gct/High%20Quality%20Lights%20Mod.rar

JAB B)

unfortunately it still doesnt work,

20584zl.jpg

all my TXD from the car texture + the high quality lights mod in that folder,

2mzih4o.jpg

car looks normal

67krya.jpg

normally this car is has steel hubcaps (no hubcaps), as seen in zdmodeler, in the game though it has hubcaps, its weird

not only are the windows messed up, but this car should have steel hubcaps

17_trim_small.jpg

in the game though it has some weird hubcaps that ive never seen before

i thank you for trying, and for taking ur time to help me, but i think this is a lost case,

Edited by hitmanex