Rockstar messed up a little?

GTAWiseman

First I like to say that R* totally f*cked up when they created it for consoles only.They should have created it for PC the same time.If they didn't had the budget,fine by me.They could have just created it for PC,like any other GTA game,reek in the cash,and start making it for consoles.That's 1 mistake.2nd mistake is bad specs.R* never calculated the specs right.Or they never even did.All I know these specs were randomly given.That causes frustration to PC gamers all over,AND even some are thinking of buying consoles,and giving up for upgrading(for all we know,those who upgraded their rigs or bought new ones like the recomended,could have just blindly wasted their cash).3rd mistake is protection.Why protect,why make us activated via internet,why make us have internet to play singleplayer(i might be wrong on that one) and have internet to save singleplayer?Don't you get it.You won't protect it.It will get cracked,sooner or later(im not supporting piracy,but reality is reality,let's be true and realistic).You will just drive away customers with this protection business.You need to release like any other GTA game.You still have time to think this through(or not,if you went too fast!).And the last problem...GREED!Rockstar...you have becomed too greedy,and that's why you put protection,that's why you don't show true specs,and that's why this release won't get you enough money. You should have released for PC when you had the chance.A normal release,without crappy protection that you know it will get cracked,and with true specs.Then you'd have the money,and now instead of arguing for PC release,you would just announce console release,kick back and relax on a job well done.

Sorry R*,I still support you,and I still hope you will rethink this.

If you don't,you will release only a game...a game that didn't fulfill it's true standards.

We don't want that to happen...And I know you don't too :(

Feel free to correct me,share your ideas on this and agree or disagree

(without flaming please,I have a major migraine today)

Rockstar Games make enough money so there's really no problem. And releasing it the same time as the console version would make it no different to what it's soon to have. And if you haven't seen the news recently, the video editor which is being most talked about it is coming to the PC, and will give great things to do on the PC version.e The specs may seem high from what you think, but it's what Rockstar placed on their site, and to be honest, it seems right, even if you can't afford it. And you wouldn't expect GTA IV to be graphically like San Andreas, do you? This is one HUGE step for GTA IV, and if you don't think the specs are calculated properly, then why the hell would of they posted it in the first place? It's right. Live with it.

Oh and the specs are official, check out Rockstar's GTAIV page.

It's your call whether you buy the PC version or not, some people can't afford a console, and some countries don't own consoles (None that I know of). A PC release will benefit me, along with other gamers who don't have a console. And for one thing, I don't think Rockstar Games messed up, I think their heading into the right direction. This game has already met it's true standards, and is going to go higher once the PC version is out. The standards on the PC version will be better, graphics wise, and a bit in Feature wise (Video editor mainly, as it's said to be addicting).

I can see where you're coming from, but I think every game developer will be greedy once they release a game, it's just for popularity and if protection is made, it's obvious to the fact that they will still get people to buy it. Plus the reason it gets cracked is because this game is so popular everyone wants to play, so they will get even more popular, either way.

Rockstar Games make enough money so there's really no problem. And releasing it the same time as the console version would make it no different to what it's soon to have. And if you haven't seen the news recently, the video editor which is being most talked about it is coming to the PC, and will give great things to do on the PC version.e The specs may seem high from what you think, but it's what Rockstar placed on their site, and to be honest, it seems right, even if you can't afford it. And you wouldn't expect GTA IV to be graphically like San Andreas, do you? This is one HUGE step for GTA IV, and if you don't think the specs are calculated properly, then why the hell would of they posted it in the first place? It's right. Live with it.

Oh and the specs are official, check out Rockstar's GTAIV page.

It's your call whether you buy the PC version or not, some people can't afford a console, and some countries don't own consoles (None that I know of). A PC release will benefit me, along with other gamers who don't have a console. And for one thing, I don't think Rockstar Games messed up, I think their heading into the right direction. This game has already met it's true standards, and is going to go higher once the PC version is out. The standards on the PC version will be better, graphics wise, and a bit in Feature wise (Video editor mainly, as it's said to be addicting).

I can see where you're coming from, but I think every game developer will be greedy once they release a game, it's just for popularity and if protection is made, it's obvious to the fact that they will still get people to buy it. Plus the reason it gets cracked is because this game is so popular everyone wants to play, so they will get even more popular, either way.

everybody lies,nodody's perfect,everyone makes mistakes.Just because they're R* does not mean their word is gold.That does not make them right everytime.R* i believe made a mistake somewhere,GTA4 is not the most graphically amazing game i've seen,the specs are even higher than Crysis(what does that tell you?that this is graphically better than Crysis?no,it points out that R* made a mistake).People hide behind words because they don't wanna use common sense.instead they need someone smart to tell them it's right or wrong.I have only confirmed that the specs are not the real deal.How they were thought of and calculated,I don't know...

Ever heard of testing?

These specs are right, and note, it's not a lie if it's been placed on their official website. If you want to run the game properly, then those recommended specs you see on their site are the real deal, whether you like it or not. But I can tell you something mate, if it was any lower, the game wouldn't preform well. Firstly, the processor for recommended is a Quad Core processor, isn't it? They are using a program which is called Euphoria for the game physics, and to actually make that work well with the game, you're gonna need a hardcore processor to run it at it's finest. The game itself is graphically heavier than Crysis, so you'll need a good GFX card to run that, even if it doesn't look like the most greatest graphics you've seen, it won't even look nice if you used a shitty graphics card. If you're running on a single core processor, it's going to be a real problem when you play it.

Rockstar are actually professionals at their job, if you didn't know, and if their word was wrong, then obviously they would remove those specs and redo their testing to get the right result. They haven't removed it at all, so obviously they are right, and they aren't lying. If they were lying then alot of people will complain about it, but the fact is no one would lie to the public if it's the right specs or not. Rockstar games are developers and will tell the truth, they're not lying, and never have. If a game developer was like that, they wouldn't last long in the game developing industry, and no one would buy their games, but the fact is no one would do such a thing.

This a next gen game, if you haven't seen, you'll expect it to be high because of it's latest technology. We're not returning to San Andreas mode anymore, we're playing latest games, using the latest technology.

So the sum it up, game developers don't lie, it's true some make mistakes, but this isn't a mistake, this is the official truth. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but if you believe this is wrong, you shouldn't be telling us, tell Rockstar and hear it from them, I bet they will say the same thing. But I do agree with you that they do mistakes, and not everyone is perfect, but at this point and at this stage, they can't lie, and certainly won't.

Ever heard of testing?

These specs are right, and note, it's not a lie if it's been placed on their official website. If you want to run the game properly, then those recommended specs you see on their site are the real deal, whether you like it or not. But I can tell you something mate, if it was any lower, the game wouldn't preform well. Firstly, the processor for recommended is a Quad Core processor, isn't it? They are using a program which is called Euphoria for the game physics, and to actually make that work well with the game, you're gonna need a hardcore processor to run it at it's finest. The game itself is graphically heavier than Crysis, so you'll need a good GFX card to run that, even if it doesn't look like the most greatest graphics you've seen, it won't even look nice if you used a shitty graphics card. If you're running on a single core processor, it's going to be a real problem when you play it.

Rockstar are actually professionals at their job, if you didn't know, and if their word was wrong, then obviously they would remove those specs and redo their testing to get the right result. They haven't removed it at all, so obviously they are right, and they aren't lying. If they were lying then alot of people will complain about it, but the fact is no one would lie to the public if it's the right specs or not. Rockstar games are developers and will tell the truth, they're not lying, and never have. If a game developer was like that, they wouldn't last long in the game developing industry, and no one would buy their games, but the fact is no one would do such a thing.

This a next gen game, if you haven't seen, you'll expect it to be high because of it's latest technology. We're not returning to San Andreas mode anymore, we're playing latest games, using the latest technology.

So the sum it up, game developers don't lie, it's true some make mistakes, but this isn't a mistake, this is the official truth. I'm not trying to brag or anything, but if you believe this is wrong, you shouldn't be telling us, tell Rockstar and hear it from them, I bet they will say the same thing. But I do agree with you that they do mistakes, and not everyone is perfect, but at this point and at this stage, they can't lie, and certainly won't.

why do I get the feeling that you work for R*?(btw that was a compliment cuz you know stuff more then me apparently,and no!im not sarcastic :) )

but my point is this.

believe what you see,understand and try to understand everything yourself,don't believe anyone anything until you see it with your own eyes.i have a very different look towards life & humanity.but games and friends bring me back to the normal life :D.remember these things.

(oh btw,you're right about euphoria physics engine) but tell me this. My rig is this:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core

Processor 4400+

2.31 GHz, 2.00 GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce 8500 GT

How will I run the game?

I'm not going to lock it, it's a good topic of discussion, but members must have misinterpreted your post as a rant, not as your own opinion. But from what I see, it is clear that it's money worries, but it shouldn't be a problem for you, your PC is pretty decent to run it, it's just the graphics may not be on top.

its not about the money.i can buy a quad if i wanted to.but i dont wanna blindly spent cash.its just the specs dont convince me much.anyways i have some sorta bad news.Rockstar pushed the date of release again.There will be a worldwide release on the 3rd of december.2nd december no release.i cant make out anything of that.

can you?im kinda lost :(

Yea i understand how they should have made it for PC at same time, like usually is done. more people have pcs than PS2

I can't remember the source (one of the game mags) but as of GTASA, R* wrote their games on PC & ported it over for

the consoled. When they released PC versions, they just put a few tweaks in & released their final build.

The main reason for the lag is to get the initial sales & then they can get another run when the console version sales drop

off. There's also the fact that PC versions are easier to pirate than consoles. In this case, R* is probably working to make

sure the various audio/video cards & drivers will work right. There's also Christmas to consider.

Why protect,why make us activated via internet,why make us have internet to play singleplayer(i might be wrong on that one) and have internet to save singleplayer?Don't you get it.You won't protect it.It will get cracked,sooner or later(im not supporting piracy,but reality is reality,let's be true and realistic).

But I don't want to be activated :( !

Anyway, protection is fine. Just these simple .exe things, you know. Not all the other crap SucuROM is giving us. The people who are willing to replace the .exe also are willing to just replace a few dll's to get the game cracked. Just this minor protection so noobs/idiots can't is enough.

And really, I hate those specs they always give. Just for once give the specs needed to have everything on high or something like that. Not those minimum requirement bullshit. If you barely meet the minimum, you just shouldn't get the game, you won't be able to have the good gaming experience. Simple as that.