Will this be the last GTA for PC?

GTAWiseman

I have been thinking this for awhile. R* has no intention of pleasing its PC fans in the future. When it's money or fans in the question... we all know R* will likely choose money over us. We know R* and other companies are so nerved and irritated by piracy, they'll likely make games for consoles first, then consider they would like to throw a PC version. So what can we do to stop it? Can we stop it? Are we capable of stopping it?

I don't know what to say anymore(and NO! I'm not getting emotional).

We need to stop arguing about the present, and start thinking about the future... For what we know, piracy might actually ruin the PC fans...

Discussion is open :)

"Swings and roundabouts".

Piracy actually keeps the industry going, sort of, bad thing is that companies like R* lose a lot of money due to it. But the fact it's so popular shows how much people want PC games. I don't know where you get the idea that R* has no intention of pleasing the fans, that's not true at all. They're a business and need to make money, that's true, but they're one of the few companies out there that regularly browse fansites and forums and see what the fans are saying.

I'm not sure of any statistics on share of GTA games by platform, but I'm pretty sure the PC versions are as, if not more, popular than the console versions. It's in their best interest to release a PC version because despite the piracy, they still profit from it.

It's true Rockstar want the money, but they're going to get the money after the games released, this obviously states the fact now that they're going to have to create such a fine quality game in order to get their money, and the more they sell, the more they get. And no, the game will continue going on as it's already became a successful series and now that they have such technology like Euphoria and their new and improved RAGE, nothing will stop them from getting anywhere.

Games are created from a PC, so why not let the PC gamers have a chance to experience the full length of what the developers have been through when they were creating it. PC games will never die, as it's was made from a PC itself. So why take off PC from the list? Some people don't own 360's or PS3's like most people do, so PC seems better. Plus, graphics can go more further on the PC than on consoles.

It's true Rockstar want the money, but they're going to get the money after the games released, this obviously states the fact now that they're going to have to create such a fine quality game in order to get their money, and the more they sell, the more they get. And no, the game will continue going on as it's already became a successful series and now that they have such technology like Euphoria and their new and improved RAGE, nothing will stop them from getting anywhere.

Games are created from a PC, so why not let the PC gamers have a chance to experience the full length of what the developers have been through when they were creating it. PC games will never die, as it's was made from a PC itself. So why take off PC from the list? Some people don't own 360's or PS3's like most people do, so PC seems better. Plus, graphics can go more further on the PC than on consoles.

I hope so :D. It's the piracy that kinda scares me. How much will it develop and advance? And how much measures will R* take for protecting their games for it? Those two questions scare me :)

R* has no intention of pleasing its PC fans in the future.

Where did you get that idea from?

But anyway. bottom line is, piracy has always been around, and it always will be, game companies just have to live with it. Luckily the majority of gamers are honest, and would rather buy the full quality game than some glitchy ripped version.

I hope so :D. It's the piracy that kinda scares me. How much will it develop and advance? And how much measures will R* take for protecting their games for it? Those two questions scare me :)

Be lucky Rockstar aren't using SecuROM, the worst DRM protection since ever. Rockstar know what we (the gamers) want, they do their research before developing a game, they know that gamers will get very pissed off like they did with Spore and Far Cry 2 if they used SecuROM with IV. It really only takes a day or two for a game to be cracked, no matter what lengths developers go to to protect their games, it fails. You can't stop piracy.

Well, the only problem is that we can't stop piracy. Even if the Police knocks a pirate's door, they don't stop, they just "fell in love" for the Internet in the 90's and started to do s**t.
Where did you get that idea from?

But anyway. bottom line is, piracy has always been around, and it always will be, game companies just have to live with it. Luckily the majority of gamers are honest, and would rather buy the full quality game than some glitchy ripped version.

Agreed on that. People have been sharing things ever since the ancient times, and the reason why warez groups such as ICON (who leaked IV) thrive despite the raids is because of the desire to share data with friends and buddies. They then began on cracking it when the software companies started adding DRM to the mix. Also, there are some stuff that are exclusive to a certain region, let's say Asterix & Obelix XXL 2: Mission Las Vegum, which is only released in Europe due to the fact that the Asterix series isn't that big elsewhere. Some fan from another region wants one, yet can't buy it online, so he decided to torrent it out. It is illegal, yet you can't stop this thing altogether.

Be lucky Rockstar aren't using SecuROM, the worst DRM protection since ever. Rockstar know what we (the gamers) want, they do their research before developing a game, they know that gamers will get very pissed off like they did with Spore and Far Cry 2 if they used SecuROM with IV. It really only takes a day or two for a game to be cracked, no matter what lengths developers go to to protect their games, it fails. You can't stop piracy.

Don't forget StarForce; Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory came with that malware, plaguing the user's DVD-ROM drives and stuff.