CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW!

MishoM

Funny, I keep hearing that it blew donkey cock. I had a die-hard GnR fan tell me she couldn't stand it. I mean, really, how good could they be without Slash? Slash is what made that band, if you ask me.

People who say it "blew" are people who haven't heard it or people who judge the group and not the music, if I were to tell a bunch of people it was the original band they would all love it.

And your die-hard GN'R fan is weird. Every single big fan I've talked to have all loved it and have been waiting for it for years.

I still don't see how it could be the same band without Slash.

Slash didn't exactly make the band to be honest, he barely wrote any of the songs, and the ones he did he was only a contributor. He helped write around 10 Guns N' Roses songs... That's not a lot. The main guys were Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin, if you ask me, it's not the same group without Izzy, not Slash.

He did (I guess) write the guitar parts, but everyone is credited for those. Regardless, you shouldn't be judging the album on the group, but on the material itself. That's the mistake everyone is making. LISTEN to the album for the ALBUM, not the band.

If it was the original band and they put it out it would get a 10/10. That's bull shit.

Funny, I keep hearing that it blew donkey cock. I had a die-hard GnR fan tell me she couldn't stand it. I mean, really, how good could they be without Slash? Slash is what made that band, if you ask me.

Give or take, that's word - for - word what i heard. No time to do anything but colege work at the moment, so my exposure to music is limited to the RnB bollocks my classmates at college blare out of their headphones so loud i'm surprised i can hear the tapping of my keyboard; but that's a different matter.

I still don't see how it could be the same band without Slash.

Slash didn't exactly make the band to be honest, he barely wrote any of the songs, and the ones he did he was only a contributor. He helped write around 10 Guns N' Roses songs... That's not a lot. The main guys were Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin, if you ask me, it's not the same group without Izzy, not Slash.

He did (I guess) write the guitar parts, but everyone is credited for those. Regardless, you shouldn't be judging the album on the group, but on the material itself. That's the mistake everyone is making. LISTEN to the album for the ALBUM, not the band.

If it was the original band and they put it out it would get a 10/10. That's bull shit.

I don't care what he wrote for the band. I'm saying he was an image. Everyone knows the top hat, and the cigarette that never seemed to catch that mass amount of hair on fire. He was one of the images of "BADASS".

The albums pretty good, I like about 9 tracks on there, my 2 favourites being Chinese Democracy and Street of Dreams - this one especially harks back to their old classic style, and is the best song on the album. I've listened to it a few times now, and it's great. Never really heard their old songs, apart from their most famous ones.

There's no denying what Slash did, I'm just saying, they still are a great band with and without him. And Death Magnetic can't touch this if you ask me, Death Magnetic wasn't that great at all to be honest. Plus I've never really liked Metallica, very boring band if you ask me tbh.

But enough about them, who hear besides me and the Bossman have actually heard it? What do you think?

There's no denying what Slash did, I'm just saying, they still are a great band with and without him. And Death Magnetic can't touch this if you ask me, Death Magnetic wasn't that great at all to be honest. Plus I've never really liked Metallica, very boring band if you ask me tbh.

But enough about them, who hear besides me and the Bossman have actually heard it? What do you think?

Everyone I've talked to thinks DM is awesome, and CD sucks.

And haha, one sec.

Everyone I've talked to thinks DM is awesome, and CD sucks.

And haha, one sec.

Of course everyone you've talked to thinks Metallica is good and GN'R sucks, but guess what, everyone I've talked to thinks exactly the opposite! Don't come into this topic trying to begin some sort of argument. If you have something valuable to contribute to the topic other than "CD SUX," then please go ahead and post it, if not, just stop now.

Back on topic, has anyone checked out the artwork in the booklet (for those of you who have it)? I really love how they cut out the band members from live shows and pasted them on top of Chinese symbols/buildings, it just looks really nicely done and awesome.

I did a quick Google to look for the booklet images, but haven't found any. When I got the album from iTunes, I didn't get a digital booklet. Not sure if it was there to begin with, or whether I've misplaced the file. Apparently, there's a TON of mistakes in the booklet with the lyrics, either they're written wrong, or there are spelling mistakes. Still, liking the album, even though some of the songs suck hard.