GTA IV Protection?

GTAWiseman

Hi Joel, well to activate the game you need to connect to the net BUT you DONT have to use the pc its installed on in order to activate it, you can proly even use one at a library or wherever, if you have to, jus use the procedure they provide, in order to do this, you can find instructions here SecuRom & Activation

Here is the initial support page w/ lotsa info R*support

Thing is, in order to SAVE the game, YES you have to sign in to that freaking WLive crap, sorry, I jus think its stupid but just like when you start up the game and after it loads the 2 R* icons, a message is displayed that "you.re not signed in to Windows Live... in order to save your progress you must be signed in.." some crap like that...

Why can't your laptop connect, you dont have an ethernet port ? What model is your laptop ?

Edited by Mehhh

the irony is that someone that wants to pirate it just

1: downloads the 2 dvd's

2: intstalls it

3: installs games for windows and makes any updates for it and gets latest SP for windows

4: download and install a crack that is 1 file that needs to be copied over an original

5: skip Social Club Loggin and click play

6: make offline windows live profile in-game

7: play to hearts content for free with very little hastle, good thing they spent so much money on anti-piracy

for the record, yes i payed for the game. but i used a crack to skip the activation crap. I hate securom

Edited by mixerman3d

for the record, yes i payed for the game. but i used a crack to skip the activation crap. I hate securom

yeah exactly.. giving paying customers a harder time than pirates? thats a load of bull****

but then, this topic isn't all that new... and still, they don't get it.

Edited by reactorusr

Iv got a brand new Toshiba but i stuffed up the main connection but im using LAN from my main computer now so i can activate it!. Will i be able to run it though? iv got a very good graphics card but i dont know any spec's of my PC. But it can run every game iv ever played on it at full everything. Oh and do i have to sign in to R* Social Club or Windows Live each time i play just to save my game? and can i play the main game without having to be connected to the internet all the time?

Edited by joelzaar

What about those people who dont have internet? Exactly. The only time I play Vice City is when Im offline. GTAIV looks too heavy to pirate, because it is a:

[size7]NEXT GENERATION PILE OF FUCKING SHIT![/size7]

So much for Windows Vista and your 4th Gen iPod Nanos.... *enters icanttakeitanymore in GTAVC*

Lol..