my system with gta iv wtf?

claude-5

I like CanYouRunIt((recently put it in my favorites)), but it isn't always accurate. It says I have more than recommended specs for Half-Life 2, and Episode One, but I have to lower the settings in order to play.

Much like the system test in Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow; it assumed that the game will run on my hardware on high settings, yet ended up running a bit slow, even on minimum settings (15~20 fps).

Yeah I get the exact same as claude:

1227636903.gif

This isn't accurate to be honest with you, I'm running on a:

Intel Core 2 Quad 2.40Ghz

4GB RAM

Nvidia GeForce 9500GT 512MB

500GB HDD (300GB Left)

This should easily go onto the end of the scale. Other games like CoD4 and WaW go on high for me, Crysis is just on the Recommended Line and Far Cry 2 I can max out but is only like 2 bits away from the end of the scale. I guess once IV comes out, it might change, but it might not.

Personally I think CanYouRunIt is actually a bit shit. It can be a good inidcator, but if you fail just one thing it can fuck up your whole score, even if you beat each other requirement by shitloads.

For example, here's mine:

graph_all_3.gif

That's bullshit. I barely pass the minimum requirements? The only thing I failed was that I have a dual core and not a quad core processor.

If I use YouGamers' Game-O-Meter then I get awesome results. Which tbh, I'm kinda expecting, my processor really is the only thing that I'm losing out on. In the graphics department, I have 320MB of dedicated video RAM, add in shared RAM and it brings the total up to 2GB of video RAM.

And of course I have 4GB of main RAM on a 64bit OS so I'll be able to make full use of all of it.

gtaiv-gameometerx2r.jpg

Look how far ahead my PC now is from (1) the minimum and (2) the recommended specs.

Neither tests are flawless. But seeing as YouGamers' is based on 3DMark 06' then I kinda trust it more. That said, I don't really expect to play GTA IV on maximum settings because I am aware my hardware isn't the greatest anymore, but I still expect the settings to be pretty high.

ahhah, you know if you put a new video card it would easily pass. personally i dont use any of those, but yeah a lot of them are BS. I didnt think the 9500GT was that good, but i guess crysis might be ok on lower settings. meh beats intel integrated lol.

although its cool that one of those uses 3Dmark, unlike 1 that just bases it upon the hardware info (what cpu/ram/gfx you got) which is stupid. i cannot run BF2 because my 1.66 core 2 isnt up to the 1.8ghz P4 minimum spec. :lamo:

Edited by WRX22B1998

i just got hold of a geforce 9800GT 1GB swapped it 4 my 9600GT 512MB cuz my mates comp wont take his 9800GT :lolbounce: , im gona be a frame-rate whore and run it on lowest possible settings hopefully i will get around 50 fps on lowest settings with this comp:

Intel Xeon Quad Core X5355 2.66 GHz

4GB DDR2 RAM

nvidia geforce 9800GT 1GB

500GB HDD

windows XP x64