Grand Clone Auto, again.

Huckleberry Pie

Not contented with your blatant clone of San Andreas? Why not make a sequel? And so Gameloft did another GTA game, this time, in Los Santos, er, Los Angeles. The mobile game promises to have a better experience than the first game, but is it good for a portable clone of GTA, or is it another half-baked copycat?

OFFICIAL PAGE: http://www.gameloft.com/mobile-games/gangstar-2-king-of-la/

Not contented with your blatant clone of San Andreas? Why not make a sequel? And so Gameloft did another GTA game, this time, in Los Santos, er, Los Angeles. The mobile game promises to have a better experience than the first game, but is it good for a portable clone of GTA, or is it another half-baked copycat?

That's a pretty shabby clone for only $4. I enjoy certain clones of GTA. For example; I own True Crime (both Streets of LA and NY) New York is much better than LA, Godfather, and Scarface all for the original Xbox. Send me money so I can buy a 360!

Many people think that the game Driver was a clone of GTA but it first came out in 1998. I have it for the PC. In the original game there is no visible player just the car. Driver 3 (DRIV3R) came out with the first viewable character but he couldn't do squat outside his car. So I would say yes DRIV3R is a clone but not the Driver 1 & 2.

Sometimes cloning the game's play works sometimes it doesn't. It is sometimes hard to say if a game is a clone or not. I mean if you say all 3rd person shooters involved with a crime plot is a clone of GTA then it would be a silly idea. But most clones of GTA are pretty obvious.

BTW my phone is not on their list so I wouldn't be able to buy the game anyways.

JAB B)

That's a pretty shabby clone for only $4. I enjoy certain clones of GTA. For example; I own True Crime (both Streets of LA and NY) New York is much better than LA, Godfather, and Scarface all for the original Xbox. Send me money so I can buy a 360!

Many people think that the game Driver was a clone of GTA but it first came out in 1998. I have it for the PC. In the original game there is no visible player just the car. Driver 3 (DRIV3R) came out with the first viewable character but he couldn't do squat outside his car. So I would say yes DRIV3R is a clone but not the Driver 1 & 2.

Sometimes cloning the game's play works sometimes it doesn't. It is sometimes hard to say if a game is a clone or not. I mean if you say all 3rd person shooters involved with a crime plot is a clone of GTA then it would be a silly idea. But most clones of GTA are pretty obvious.

BTW my phone is not on their list so I wouldn't be able to buy the game anyways.

JAB B)

How about doing a total conversion mod for San Andreas and port some of the missions in Gangstar 2 to GTA?