Problems With Downloads Section

Hello. I hate my first post to be a question, but...

This seems the most fitting place for this question... I looked at the FAQ, but there's nothing in there about this. I also search the forum, but I got no results.

I've been downloading cars for GTA:SA from the downloads section, but I'm having problems with some of them. About half of the ones I download do not extract with WinZip or WinRAR. I keep getting the "corrupt archive" message. So I cleaned all my temp files(I'm using Firefox, by the way) and I try re-downloading the same vehicle resulting in the same "corrupt" messages.

Now I don't if I'm doing something wrong, or if the file is actually corrupt.

I would greatly appreciate any help anyone can offer. In the mean time I'm going to try downloading with IE.

Great site by the way, I'm a long time visitor. :thumbsup:

Edit: I tried downloading one of the same cars with IE and I'm still getting the message that the archive is corrupt. Could someone maybe download this file and tell me if it is also corrupt for them?

http://www.thegtaplace.com/downloads/file.php?id=1291

Thanks.

Edit2: Sorry for all the edits, but I think I should add this. I went to the author's site and downloaded the above file from there and it worked fine. Maybe someone should be contacted about the corrupt downloads, because there seem to be a of them.

Edited by 100mL

Hmm, well must just be my computer then. Thanks.

By the way, XLR8, I don't use an antivirus. I do however use a firewall, but I don't think that's the problem because for one, the same file worked fine when I download from the author's website, and two, some of the files I downloaded from here work fine, others I'm told are corrupt.

lol, I don't use the Windows firewall. You're right it does suck. I use Zone Alarm Pro.

I don't use an antivirus for many reasons. I know how to keep away from viruses, and since I uninstalled NOD32 about a year ago, I haven't had one piece of malware. I do check with HijackThis often, just in case. :)

On topic, anyone know any other good places to download vehicles for SA since I can't from here?