Nikola Tesla-- greatest inventor of all time

MishoM

Yeah.I do know about Telsa,because him and others like Einstine,Newton,Plank,Hertz and all were my usual nightmares as we had to study their inventions and had pages long numericals since last two years. :(

BTW, maybe im wrong about this, but wasnt it Marconi who invented the first radio?

http://www.israelforum.com/board/showthread.php?t=10210

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

silly rant

Stop being such a dick about other European countries. You know Macedonia isn't that great anyway, I couldn't name one Macedonian to save my life. You're going wildly off topic, this is to discuss the inventor Nikola Tesla... why are you talking about Serbia being greedy?

Also did you notice his date of birth? He DIED in the 1940s... your "50 years ago" comment makes you look like a cretin now. Please try reading what a topic is about before making senseless replies like that.

no effence but i rekon that Serbia is greedy. And also greece.

They are soo nationalistic, they dont shut up about stuff about serbia and they think its the best country in the world

Im kinda glad that Kosovo is taking over your country. To see how you cope with it.

Coz thats nothing compared to what Serbia and Greece and Bulgaria did to Macedonia

And somehow we manage...

And its serbia's fault for WW1 for assassinating some guy

the only descent country in the balkans is Croatia

They are good. They are not greedy for land and they dont really care about things.

Your being childish. A serbian student assassinated Franz Ferdinand but he wasn't necessarily working fro the serbian government, it's just a rumour, no one knows if he was serbian.

you guys obviously dont get me

@ Chris

i never said Macedonia was great did i....dont get ahead of yourself

And ofcourse its not great

look what greece and serbia did to it

Also did you notice his date of birth? He DIED in the 1940s... your "50 years ago" comment makes you look like a cretin now. Please try reading what a topic is about before making senseless replies like that.

Someone said that if it wasnt for him, we wouldnt have computers and game consoles now.

So im saying, why wasnt this stuff outt when he was alive....since its coz of him that we have it..

Edited by macorules94

no effence but i rekon that Serbia is greedy. And also greece.

They are soo nationalistic, they dont shut up about stuff about serbia and they think its the best country in the world

Im kinda glad that Kosovo is taking over your country. To see how you cope with it.

Coz thats nothing compared to what Serbia and Greece and Bulgaria did to Macedonia

And somehow we manage...

And its serbia's fault for WW1 for assassinating some guy

the only descent country in the balkans is Croatia

They are good. They are not greedy for land and they dont really care about things.

It's un-fair that you say Serbia is bad for being nationalistic. Just look at your signature... Why can I not talk about great Serbs on a forum without me and my country being called nationalists and nationalistic? There would be absolutely no problem if someone made a post about some great Englishmen, so why can't I talk about the Serbs? People like you give Macedonians a bad name, my best friend happens to be from Macedonia, we never get into arguments about this type of stuff and seem to support each other (as we our after all, the same religion, etc.). Serbia was great too, and it was big.

Firstly, Kosovo, taking over our country? You're extremely misinformed. Kosovo is trying to break away from Serbia, an act most countries believe is against international law, and thus, by most countries Kosovo is still considered part of Serbia. Oh and guess what, the same people who want Kosovo today, want some of western Macedonia too! So in a couple years, you'll be eating your words.

Please be quiet about Macedonia being screwed over by Serbia, because guess what, we were screwed over a bunch of fucking times too. I'm not even going to begin arguing about this, because our arguments will be completely different (and our views on the history of the two countries).

And somehow we manage....

And yes, Serbia did start World War 1. And guess what, who won? Serbia and its allies. Guess what else? Serbia was on the GOOD side again in World War 2, when everyone around us were allies with Hitler, and again, Serbia and it's allies prevailed.

Croatia? The best country in the Balkans? Why's that? Ah yes, maybe it's because Croatia is the country that has done so much genocide to the Serbs! In WW2, nearly 1/11 of the people killed in the Holocaust were Serbs (nearly one million), and it continues to this day!

-----

You wouldn't have computers today because guess what, his patents are IN YOUR COMPUTERS, and IN YOUR CONSOLES! How would your computer work without electricity? How would your Xbox work without a controller? How would your HDTV work with a remote? Most things have a motor as well, which he also invented. Everything that uses electricity roots back to Tesla, as he came up with it, and it's a damn shame he isn't well known for it too.

NO MORE OFF TOPIC. Through PMs only will that stuff above be talked about.

i have some random serb on msn....

and he keeps saying:

oh macedonia copied serbia's language.

you guys are slavs so you are serbians so macedonia should be serbia

you guys copied our religuon

you copied.....bla bla bla bla

macedonia is serbia

bulgaria is serbia to

bla bla bla

serbia this serbia that

thats why i said theyre nationalistic

thats why i said that they are greedy

but i guess not all are

Edited by macorules94

Well, that's the way a Serb would think, I suppose Macedonians would think differently. Perhaps he's a Serb from Macedonia, as when Macedonia was formed in the 1900s many Serbs were in a way screwed over, I hope you know. They were forced to change their last names from -ic to a Macedonian -ski, etc. You also have to realize that Macedonia WAS apart of Serbia for a long time. Even your capital, Skopje, was at one point in time the capital of Serbia. So you have to take into account that people will say that Macedonia should be apart of Serbia, etc. I won't bother touching on about the language and what not, as I really don't feel like arguing.

----

Enough on that, back to Tesla. I have an extremely interesting documentary the History Channel did on him. It was a Modern Marvels episode titled "Mad Electricity," you can buy it from the History Channel's website, or I'm sure it'll (eventually) be on TV once again, although they rarely show it. :/

Also, yay! Dark Lord, you had to study Tesla? That's awesome, another reason I like India! :) Good to hear hes getting taught about in other parts of the world Also awesome to hear you learned about him too, WRX22B1998.

Well, that's the way a Serb would think, I suppose Macedonians would think differently. Perhaps he's a Serb from Macedonia, as when Macedonia was formed in the 1900s many Serbs were in a way screwed over, I hope you know. They were forced to change their last names from -ic to a Macedonian -ski, etc. You also have to realize that Macedonia WAS apart of Serbia for a long time. Even your capital, Skopje, was at one point in time the capital of Serbia. So you have to take into account that people will say that Macedonia should be apart of Serbia, etc. I won't bother touching on about the language and what not, as I really don't feel like arguing.

he's not from macedonia

there are no serbs from macedonia

Macedonians are not serbians though

their last names always ended with ski even before macedonia got parted

so they are not serbians

they are straight descents from the ancient macedonians and its been DNA tested and proved

and just coz macedonia once was a part of serbia....

once..the whole greece...exept sparta was macedonia ....but we dont get all that land dont we

so its not fair

macedonia is all ruined now. Atleast serbia is still full and a country

Right now Macedonia is part of Greece, Bulgaria, serbia, albania...and the republic of macedonia

lets just end it here

he's not from macedonia

there are no serbs from macedonia

Macedonians are not serbians though

their last names always ended with ski even before macedonia got parted

so they are not serbians

they are straight descents from the ancient macedonians and its been DNA tested and proved

and just coz macedonia once was a part of serbia....

once..the whole greece...exept sparta was macedonia ....but we dont get all that land dont we

so its not fair

macedonia is all ruined now. Atleast serbia is still full and a country

Right now Macedonia is part of Greece, Bulgaria, serbia, albania...and the republic of macedonia

lets just end it here

Ummm... what? I DO know Serbs from Macedonia... And I DO know of people's names being changed, like, extremely close family friends...

How is Serbia still a "full country"? If you can argue that part of Macedonia is now in other countries, I can argue that part of Serbia is now in under countries.

Anyway, no more of this conversation in this topic. Only through PMs. Back to Tesla!!

Yeah, back on topic please.

If i did study Physics properly :P i do remember that Telsa is also a unit.

One telsa is equal to one weber per meter square.Related to magnetic flux.

lol shoot me now XD only kidding, not THAT bad.

iirc weber is a barbeque LOL. totally unrelated, but has the same name.

physics was ok, but at times it just got wayyyy too complex (i did do general maths...the easy maths. there was general, 2U, 3U and 4U) But yeah it was good to learn that stuff, lol magnetic flux. brings back memories of last year (y12 ) lol.

ohhhhhhhhh. i remember this really dumb prac we did. the teacher demonstrated at the front, showing that a current passed through near the foil or something, they press the switch, and the foil moves like 5mm to the left. lmfao. "look..closer...closer" then they do it. "ohhhhh great!" half an hour to set that all up, to see a piece of foil move a little. congratufukinlations. ah well at least we didnt have to write it up.

Argh Physics scares me, I hardly understood anything technical. So I just ignored it and doodled in school.

Its a shame Telsa is hardly taught, this is the first time I heard of him. However after reading everything he developed, he sounds like a great scientist and we owe alot to him. Even if I may not understand it. I was more of a biology/chemistry girl. I don't think we ever learnt any phyicists. Or maybe it was because I was bunking I don't know. He should be taught in schools as he had a great influence to the modern world.

i DO know Macedonians from greece

i DO know maceodnians that were forced to change to a greek last name

and also, at least ppl dont say that serbia is croatia or sumfin and it is called Serbia. Not former yugoslav republic of serbia...and....FYROS

Can't you take a hint, get back on topic.

In Primary School, I was taught some of the greatest inventors ever but I don't really recall Tesla. I remember John Logie Baird (Someone from Dumbartonshire, UK who invented the Television) and Alexander Graham Bell (From Edinburgh, UK he invented the Telephone) we were also taught about the likes of Einstein and a few others. I think they should include Tesla in the Education, especially in Science Subjects.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Ivan, if there's anyway you could type up that skill book (if it's very long, nevermind, I'll get the game soon enough anyways), could you? Don't if it's very long! I was playing BioShock the other day and one of the plasmids for electricity says something along the lines of "turn yourself into a human Tesla coil!"

I laughed :)!

wow, it resembles the Tesla Coil in Command & Conquer : Red Alert 2

lol it IS a tesla coil.

it would also resemble the ones in the new Red alert. havent played , but it looks pretty sweet. RA1 tesla coils were hilarious though, get them from a mile away. "ohh send ANOTHER rifle guy? oh jeez." lol @ dumb AI.

but yeah some guy made it in his backyard etc. pretty cool.

Is fallout 3 the thing where you start as a baby etc? couldnt help but laugh when you go to the door "pick lock".... "sorry you need a lock pick skill of X". that was funny.

Edited by WRX22B1998

Hey Ivan, if there's anyway you could type up that skill book (if it's very long, nevermind, I'll get the game soon enough anyways), could you? Don't if it's very long! I was playing BioShock the other day and one of the plasmids for electricity says something along the lines of "turn yourself into a human Tesla coil!"

I laughed :)!

Uh, there's not really any content in th book, you click a button to read it and 1 sec later you get one skill point, sorry.

• 2 weeks later...

I believe he was good man, from what I heard he want to transmit electric current without wires and his funding was pulled because they wouldn't be able to charge people for it. He wanted to give the power away for free. Just imagine being able to run your laptop without worry of batteries or ever plugging it in to recharge. It would be a better world with more like him. Some people blame him for the Tunguska explosion of 1908. I doubt it was his fault but even if it was then oops!

I believe he was good man, from what I heard he want to transmit electric current without wires and his funding was pulled because they wouldn't be able to charge people for it. He wanted to give the power away for free. Just imagine being able to run your laptop without worry of batteries or ever plugging it in to recharge. It would be a better world with more like him. Some people blame him for the Tunguska explosion of 1908. I doubt it was his fault but even if it was then oops!

i thought the explosion at Tunguska is a natural phenomenon, they said its an asteroid that crashed on Siberia :/

but i'm not sure though