Grand Theft Auto IV released on PC in North America

Chris

gtaiv-pc.jpgToday's the day. Grand Theft Auto IV is now officially available in North America for the PC. Those of you elsewhere in the world like myself will have to wait just one more day until it's in stores, though no doubt any of you who preordered on the Internet will have received your copy early.

We invite any of you who already have the game to share your impressions in our forums. Should you require any assistance with the game, either technically or with missions or achievements, we have dedicated GTA IV forums for gameplay discussion, mission/achievement help, technical assistance, multiplayer and of course, modding.

To post on our forums you'll need an account, if you don't already have one you can head over to the registration page to get started. It's free and only takes a moment to complete.

One of the benefits of an account is the ability to upload mods to our downloads database. We know that very soon we'll be seeing some great GTA IV mods getting released, and we'll likely be featuring some of the best ones on our homepage, so if that's something you might be interested in, sign up!

Enjoy the game!

I'm done with classes for the day. I have $500 in my wallet right now. I have a car. I really want to go get the game.

But I got Call of Duty World at War a few weeks ago and I'm not done with it yet. UGH

I also might have to get a different computer to run it ... the laptop might not run it.

So yea.. Hope to see some new members here.

yes, the good thing: more publicity for this awesome site.

bad thing: i predeict a huge flow of noobs newbies questions like 'why IV dont work on my pc????!!!111one' or other obvious, easy to answer questions.

i have 2 questions i would like answering:

1- does the windows 'live' go by/use gammertags? (i own xbl and do not plan to buy pc version and have never played Windows live games)

(this one is for the moderaters)2- i uploaded some mods quite a while back witch still havent been approved.. please inform me of the problem..

thanks

So yea.. Hope to see some new members here.

yes, the good thing: more publicity for this awesome site.

bad thing: i predeict a huge flow of noobs newbies questions like 'why IV dont work on my pc????!!!111one' or other obvious, easy to answer questions.

i have 2 questions i would like answering:

1- does the windows 'live' go by/use gammertags? (i own xbl and do not plan to buy pc version and have never played Windows live games)

(this one is for the moderaters)2- i uploaded some mods quite a while back witch still havent been approved.. please inform me of the problem..

thanks

Well that question doesn't really have an obvious answer, there's loads of genuine problems that could occur.

1. Yes, it shares accounts with Xbox Live, so your XBL gamertag is also your Windows gamertag, and vice versa.

2. There is no problem. We get a lot of uploaded mods here and many of them are actually other people's. And also, many of them are crap. E.g. people open up MS Paint, draw all over the default skin and upload it here because they think it looks funny in game or whatever.

Not saying yours are shit, I don't know what you've uploaded. But because of this I usually download each mod and take a look at the files to see if they're actually someone else's or they're just crap.

I'll take a look and see what you've uploaded and approve if necessary ;)

Do you think I should buy a copy now, even though I don't have a PC that could run it yet? My current computer doesn't even have enough space for it. :lolbounce:

I'm a bit on the safe side but considering you can't even run it yet, I think your best bet is to wait a bit because there might be some annoying bugs.