whos running a nvidia 8800 gts with this game?

derekod

just curious what your graphic settings are at. I have a 8800 gts 320mb and wanted to know what the best settings for this card were.

Thanks,

Derek

Statistics

Average FPS: 35.19

Duration: 37.19 sec

CPU Usage: 89%

System memory usage: 47%

Video memory usage: 95%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 960 x 600 (75 Hz)

Texture Quality: Low

Render Quality: Medium

View Distance: 23

Detail Distance: 33

Hardware

Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Service Pack 3

Video Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS

Video Driver version: 180.48

Audio Adapter: SB Audigy 2 Audio [A800]

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+

File ID: benchmark.cli

Depends on your other specs. Like you two I also have this card and I'm still playing around with the settings to try and optimise them. Ideally I want to play at 1680x1050 but it's impossible with the game limiting me.

So far I've got this but the FPS isn't too great, but it's certainly playable, just not as nice as I'd like. I'll post again if I find a way around this.

Statistics

Average FPS: 27.44

Duration: 37.10 sec

CPU Usage: 98%

System memory usage: 73%

Video memory usage: 99%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1440 x 900 (60 Hz)

View Distance: 2

Detail Distance: 20

Hardware

Microsoft® Windows Vista" Ultimate

Service Pack 1

Video Driver version: 178.13

Audio Adapter: Speakers (2- Creative SB X-Fi)

Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz

Just noticed I should probably upgrade my nVidia drivers... I'll try again after.

Depends on your other specs. Like you two I also have this card and I'm still playing around with the settings to try and optimise them. Ideally I want to play at 1680x1050 but it's impossible with the game limiting me.

So far I've got this but the FPS isn't too great, but it's certainly playable, just not as nice as I'd like. I'll post again if I find a way around this.

Statistics

Average FPS: 27.44

Duration: 37.10 sec

CPU Usage: 98%

System memory usage: 73%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1440 x 900 (60 Hz)

View Distance: 2

Detail Distance: 20

Hardware

Service Pack 1

Video Driver version: 178.13

Intel® Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz

Just noticed I should probably upgrade my nVidia drivers... I'll try again after.

vista ultimate is probly killing you too

I have 4GB of RAM and it's the 64bit version - it's fine.

Anyway, updated my graphics card drivers for the 8800GTS and I can get much better settings now. Compare these with the ones I posted above. Also, I overclocked my processor a little which may have helped, you may also like to try with yours.

Statistics

Average FPS: 33.02

Duration: 37.07 sec

CPU Usage: 95%

System memory usage: 61%

Video memory usage: 95%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1280 x 800 (60 Hz)

View Distance: 10

Detail Distance: 25

Hardware

Service Pack 1

Intel® Core™2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz

Blix how much system memory does yours have ?

I have Vista Premium (w/ a diff video card Nvid 9600 GT 512MB)(one of the recommended game specs is for Nvid 8600 so my card is a lil better than that) but I'm gettin BAD graphical problems, I've contacted T2 support.. Something jus isnt right but I wondered if its the system memory, the game label on my box says 2.5GB but I only have 2GB. Hmm here are 2 pix of what I'm seeing

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/189/gtash1copyel7.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8364/gtash2copysi7.jpg

The first is self explanatory, the 2nd is Niko in his safehouse..

These images dont seem to be affected now by changing any settings in graphics..

At first when I booted the game I could see buildings and such, the car looked like it wasnt on the road tho really, and there were some sketchy looking things, so I tried to change some settings and what you see in the first pic is what happened..

Then, I tried and tried to change things but to no avail, so I saved and got what you see was Niko in his safehouse.. I restarted the game and you know when you see them in the car at the dock, in this case, I saw the taillights and everything looked like floating water and bits of objects.. I could drive but naturally I couldnt see what I was going to hit.. Somethin just aint right ..

It would seem this was a fault w/ graphics card as its responsible for the "display", however my card runs all my other progs/games just fine. My graphics drivers are up to date & have Dx 10..

oops, I thought blix had Vista but ok it was Chris's I saw the Vista, but Chris you have 4GB of mem... Maybe I do need ATLEAST that extra .5GB+ ..

Edited by Mehhh

Blix how much system memory does yours have ?

I have Vista Premium (w/ a diff video card Nvid 9600 GT 512MB)(one of the recommended game specs is for Nvid 8600 so my card is a lil better than that) but I'm gettin BAD graphical problems, I've contacted T2 support.. Something jus isnt right but I wondered if its the system memory, the game label on my box says 2.5GB but I only have 2GB. Hmm here are 2 pix of what I'm seeing

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/189/gtash1copyel7.jpg

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/8364/gtash2copysi7.jpg

The first is self explanatory, the 2nd is Niko in his safehouse..

These images dont seem to be affected now by changing any settings in graphics..

At first when I booted the game I could see buildings and such, the car looked like it wasnt on the road tho really, and there were some sketchy looking things, so I tried to change some settings and what you see in the first pic is what happened..

Then, I tried and tried to change things but to no avail, so I saved and got what you see was Niko in his safehouse.. I restarted the game and you know when you see them in the car at the dock, in this case, I saw the taillights and everything looked like floating water and bits of objects.. I could drive but naturally I couldnt see what I was going to hit.. Somethin just aint right ..

It would seem this was a fault w/ graphics card as its responsible for the "display", however my card runs all my other progs/games just fine. My graphics drivers are up to date & have Dx 10..

oops, I thought blix had Vista but ok it was Chris's I saw the Vista, but Chris you have 4GB of mem... Maybe I do need ATLEAST that extra .5GB+ ..

i have 4 gigs of ram

Hey Chris, well I tried out your settings, but I'm still falling seriously short :/ Its true I do only have 2gig of ram right now, don't know if that could effect it this much tho.

What I really don't understand is why this game is running sooo poorly on our systems. Just doesn't make sense why we have to run the graphics so low. :(

Statistics

Average FPS: 22.59

Duration: 36.92 sec

CPU Usage: 91%

System memory usage: 86%

Graphics Settings

Hardware

Service Pack 1

Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM))

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

Hey Chris, well I tried out your settings, but I'm still falling seriously short :/ Its true I do only have 2gig of ram right now, don't know if that could effect it this much tho.

What I really don't understand is why this game is running sooo poorly on our systems. Just doesn't make sense why we have to run the graphics so low. :(

Statistics

Average FPS: 22.59

Duration: 36.92 sec

CPU Usage: 91%

System memory usage: 86%

Graphics Settings

Hardware

Service Pack 1

Audio Adapter: Speakers (Creative SB Audigy 2 ZS (WDM))

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+

Derekod what kinds of problems are you actually having, mine are really bad & I can't figure out why, I made a post back up the stack w/ links to what is happening in my game... Basically my system is similar to yours (5000+ , Nvid 9600 GT 512MB, Vista Prem, 2GB RAM) but WHY on earth I'm having the problems I am, is unknown to me. I've tried a diff monitor, adjusting gp card settings, ingame gp settings, nothing is fixing it, drivers updated etc, other games (granted not as intensive) run fine... The only other thing I considered was maybe cuz I only have 2GB mem ?? but ... I still havent heard back from T2 support to confirm, sent files requested..

UPDATING: I've found info in a help file on RS site, it would seem the problem w/ my graphics is the cause of a gp tuner I had on my pc that I had used previously to tweak my card.. Unfortunately it appears that I uninstalled it w/ out the program having reverting them back... So I've tried to restore to a previous date assuming it is file based but now can't get RGSCLauncher to work, jus stops w/ an error... sheesh,

Edited by Mehhh

Hey everyone. I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ overcloked at 3.0. I also have a EVGA Superclocked 8800GT. I have 2 MEGS of DDR2 RAM and WINXP. I was getting only 24 FPS at 1600x1250 and then I installed the new nvidia drivers and AMD Fusion and i went up to 30 fps with texture on medium and render on high. If you have an AMD I highly recommend Fusion. I hope that helps.

Hey everyone. I have an AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ overcloked at 3.0. I also have a EVGA Superclocked 8800GT. I have 2 MEGS of DDR2 RAM and WINXP. I was getting only 24 FPS at 1600x1250 and then I installed the new nvidia drivers and AMD Fusion and i went up to 30 fps with texture on medium and render on high. If you have an AMD I highly recommend Fusion. I hope that helps.

Ty Orly, I havent OC'd anything as of yet, what are you usin to OC your cpu, is it a built in or dlded utiltiy, my pc is brand name w/out and OC utilities built in.

I had tried a card utility rivatuner but it was initially said by R* that this & other tuners could be causing the texture missing problem I was experiencing.. so I had removed it but still experience on these lower settings some texture loss, dunno if that is sys RAM at 2GB is the cause still, as they spec 2.5GB for Vista recommended specs..

I dint know about this "Fusion" :: is reading ::

Ty Orly, I havent OC'd anything as of yet, what are you usin to OC your cpu, is it a built in or dlded utiltiy, my pc is brand name w/out and OC utilities built in.

I had tried a card utility rivatuner but it was initially said by R* that this & other tuners could be causing the texture missing problem I was experiencing.. so I had removed it but still experience on these lower settings some texture loss, dunno if that is sys RAM at 2GB is the cause still, as they spec 2.5GB for Vista recommended specs..

I dint know about this "Fusion" :: is reading ::

I bought it overclocked. I dont really know much about over-clocking. But you should try the AMD Fusion Utility and select the "X" on the left hand side of the menu and select expert. Also there is a new beta 3 of Nvidia drivers that gives a good solid performance boost. See this thread.

http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=382627

Good Luck!

Edited by Orly

Cool Thanx, yea I have Nvid, I dint know of the beta 3..

As for the fusion its kinda cool but its really no different than a "service terminator".. Like I could disable my antivirus/firewall (which isnt recommended - atleast firewall) or anything else through the services console. BUT the advantage of this tool is, the obvious ease of use, its a quick enable/disable of these services so for that it gets A+ Thanx

As for overdrive I cant use it cuz thats for 7xx series chipset.. I have been lookin at cpu's tho, I THINK I can upgrade my cpu however to a 3.1 GHz dual core, stead of 2.6 current.. Thing I was considering tho was, I wondered if maybe I'd be better off gettin a 2.9 w/ a lower thermal wattage like 65 or 89 as opposed to the 3.1 125W, eesh.. Cuz THEN IF I had an OC utility (which sadly still wouldnt be "overdrive") I could kick up the speed passt 2.9 ... I mean 2.9 vs 3.1 .... not much diff but is in TWttge ...

I think it SUX too that you can't use fill 4GB of mem but more like 3.x ... And MS wont let you "upgrade" from x 32bit OS to x 64bit, so you have to buy the full $200+ or system builder version $89 heh .. O well ..

i'm running 2 8800 gts'es in sli mode.. it really ticks me off that i can't change the settings past 1152x960 for the resolution, and low for the textures.. i also have 2 gigs of ram at 1055mhz, and a c2d at 3.6ghz... this is plenty fast i think to play the game, but i even the command line options don't work..If ne1 has any suggestions post them here please!

i'm running 2 8800 gts'es in sli mode.. it really ticks me off that i can't change the settings past 1152x960 for the resolution, and low for the textures.. i also have 2 gigs of ram at 1055mhz, and a c2d at 3.6ghz... this is plenty fast i think to play the game, but i even the command line options don't work..If ne1 has any suggestions post them here please!

How about provide more info please..

I can see this is your first post but its a good idea to stick your system specs in your sig ..

Operating System

cpu

system ram

Graphics card

Generally this means in abit of detail too, since there are variations in hardware/software, you could say I have a 330 graphics card, well its best to say

Nvid 330 GxT 512MB (somethin like that)

Same w/ OS, "Xp" - "XP Pro SP3" is better...

I'm surprised at the low level of res cuz I can even run the game at 1440x900 on my machine w/ pretty fair settings ..

You may need particular drivers, you may need update to the OS or hardware ... There could be some settings being overlookt, does your pc have sufficient power to run botha those cards at peak rather than it defaulting to a lower performance profile .. Got to have more info ...

I have an EVGA 8800GTS 320MB superclocked and it now runs great after installing the patch on the following (forced) settings.

Statistics

Average FPS: 43.34

Duration: 37.06 sec

CPU Usage: 89%

System memory usage: 72%

Video memory usage: 100%

Graphics Settings

Video Mode: 1280 x 1024 (60 Hz)

Texture Quality: Medium

View Distance: 20

Detail Distance: 10

Hardware

Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Service Pack 3

Video Driver version: 180.84

Audio Adapter: Realtek HD Audio output

Intel® Core2 Duo CPU E6750 @ 2.66GHz

My CPU is overclocked to 3.2 Ghz and i'm currently running 2Gb of memory although this will increase to 4Gb next week. Before the patch the game was unplayable and constantly crashed to desktop, apart from the occasional graphical glitch it is now infinately better. I will report back when I get the extra memory to see if it makes a difference.