Problems with the game..

glock

Hey guys, i got a kinda problem.. When i launch GTA IV i just get a black screen i got a kinda good grafic card and so i dont know what the problem is so can please somebody help me :=)

EDIT More Info

AMD athlon64X2 Dual

Core Processor 5600+

2.81GHz, 2,00GB RAM

NIVIDA GeForce 8600 GT

Service Pack 3 XP

Please answer i wanna rock this game :)

Edited by glock

Hey guys, i got a kinda problem.. When i launch GTA IV i just get a black screen i got a kinda good grafic card and so i dont know what the problem is so can please somebody help me :=)

Grafic card: NIVIDA GeForce 8600 GT

Please answer i wanna rock this game :)

You might need to post more info glock for soma the more savvy folks here to help out.

I'm havin BAD problems too, its like an unfinished 3D project, where buildings are missing, you jus see windows or lightbulbs, no road, tail/headlights is all you see on cars, its BAD .. Dunno why, not gotten any help yet from anyone, T2 support STILL hasnt gotten back to me after the files & info I sent but I'm SURE their busy w/ ALOT of problems it seems.. You might wanna try contacting them too..

UPDATING: I've found info in a help file on RS site, it would seem the problem w/ my graphics is the cause of a gp tuner I had on my pc that I had used previously to tweak my card.. Unfortunately it appears that I uninstalled it w/ out the program having reverting them back... So I've tried to restore to a previous date assuming it is file based but now can't get RGSCLauncher to work, jus stops w/ an error... sheesh,

Edited by Mehhh

This GTA IV for the PC thing sucks balls anyway. PC gaming has gone too old school and getting speed cards is just a waist of our preciouse money and gas . Rockstar should of just threw GTA 4 on the passed consels (sorry if my spelling is wrong my Firefox is offline) like the PS2 and X-box. So people can enjoy a new GTA on a cheap concelle.

Did you tried to load the game being disconnected from the Rockstar Game Social Club ?

That black screen appears first whilst the game downloads some crappy web page, maybe that'll help you.

Did you tried to load the game being disconnected from the Rockstar Game Social Club ?

That black screen appears first whilst the game downloads some crappy web page, maybe that'll help you.

ye i tried that same thing. atm im reinstalling the game..

ye i tried that same thing. atm im reinstalling the game..

Well glock, I MAY have remedied the problems I was having ... Only now after 4 days and hours upon hours of searching, trial and error, restoring, install/reinstall, engineering, and if I dint know better, proly a box of Krispy Kremes =oP

Are you able to monitor your system when you have these problems, that is, looking at your performance like cpu/memory useage (I'm guessing Xp prefetch is abit diff from Vistas superfetch) and running programs when you hit Ctl Alt Dlt ?

Before I play, I terminate EVERYTHING that I KNOW doesnt need to be running...

Well, after all the mess I been through, to keep it short, I restored to a time predating that tuner, reinstallt game, manually activated & got a RGSCLauncher.exe stopped error, I decided to make a shortcut to it, "-windowed" it, not the GTALauncher that dint work for me, Well RGSCL actually ran, I got in and played, got a glitchy pic tho after running up hil, but member no tuner on my pc this time so .... Well after tabbing out to paste the image, I came back into the game to find stuff reappearing... So I upped my settings to

My resolution is 1440x900, 60Hz

View distance 37

Detail distance 99

Vehicle detail 99

Shadow 5

Vid mem used 468MB

I got this

http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/9762/gtahuh1gv4.jpg

I'm hoping I can play on now and share w/ other ppl having a similar problem ..

well i dont understand what u mean with that RGSCLlauncher but here i took some prints..

When i put in the CD in the driver i get this up

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8079/fuckgl9.png

And when i Launch the game and i do Ctrl+Alt+Del i do this..

http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quitingpu6.jpg

hope this helps..

I changed to 1440x900, 60Hz

that other stuff i dont know how to change and shit :S

Edited by glock

well i dont understand what u mean with that RGSCLlauncher but here i took some prints..

When i put in the CD in the driver i get this up

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8079/fuckgl9.png

And when i Launch the game and i do Ctrl+Alt+Del i do this..

http://img133.imageshack.us/my.php?image=quitingpu6.jpg

hope this helps..

I changed to 1440x900, 60Hz

that other stuff i dont know how to change and shit :S

O, well I dont know if I'm missing something or what but my RGSCLauncher, everytime I clickt on it, would popup w/ the error "RGSCLauncher.exe" has stopped working, so I found the launcher in my Rockstargames folder, right clickt, created a shortcut to put on the desktop, I then right clickt on the shortcut I put on the desktop, select properties & in the "target" field, at the end of the text, I typed

-windowed

no quotations around it or anything, jus like you see w/ the - and the word windowed, clickt ok, I clickt on it, it popt up w/ the service aggreement, I agreed, it the showed the next screen and I skipped sign in, up came "Play" click and it started the game ...

Now IF social club tries to load up automatically, it gives me that same "RGSCLauncher stopped" error but clicking on my shortcut worx, so until I figure out if I'm missing a file or something, I can atleast play it this way ...

Whoa, I dont understand your language but that first screen loox messt up, w/ the empty blocks inplace of text .. so I don know what it says , it loox hackt Mate .. Not sure how to help, perhaps if you can search google w/ some keywords OR if an actual error code of some sort pops up, might can search that ..

As for the 2nd screen, I see the apps running are the game but ofcourse the processes is where you find stuff that is running that you can't "see" running in Programs..

If you don know what to terminate & what not, then I guess you have no choice but to leave stuff on. Sorry couldnt be of more help ..