army base?

macorules94

Dunno, probably cause R* was going with the whole "realistic" aspect for the game and since they didn't include tanks I guess an army base wasn't a good idea in their opinion either. Would be sweet if all those great things from previous GTAs were included in the upcoming DLC but there aren't that many details about that yet.

Nope Macorules, apparently they "replaced" the army base w/ the prison .. You can fly into it atleast and pick a fight w/ an inmate, sometimes I been there and not seen any, other times when I go to land, you see alot of em runnin all around.. I saw one in there once by the bleachers & kinda aggitated him til he hit me, then a guard came to arrest him, he took off runnin & guards chase, I eventually took him out myself..

The tank was cool but I miss the Apache & fighter most.. Eventho I thought this one had a fighter that shows up to shoot you down when I think you have all the stars, I could've sworn when I was in the police heli w/ all stars & that amongst other helis I saw a fighter circling and I later assumed thats what wasted me.. I know they also use RPG's on you so I'm not 100%.. I never kept all the stars while in a heli, for very long, one thing you never want to do is get all stars and assume bailing out over water will save you cuz you'll have x # of cop boats on you fillin you w/ holes, obviously you can't open your phone down in the water so you're screwed ...

• 1 month later...
The Reason there is no army base is because it wouldn't fit in with the game because Librety city is based on New york and their is no army base in NY same with the planes and the parachutes

Which is also why you don't get the army sent after you with 6 stars, it was unrealistic for New York and for GTA's new era of gaming.

The Reason there is no army base is because it wouldn't fit in with the game because Librety city is based on New york and their is no army base in NY same with the planes and the parachutes

Which is also why you don't get the army sent after you with 6 stars, it was unrealistic for New York and for GTA's new era of gaming.

Exactly Because you dont fly planes around new york, although i always thought that they could of let us fly basic planes like DODO'S and those planes with banners on the tail and also maybe Seaplanes

I also heard that you were origanly meant to be able to climb up lamp posts and i thoght no wonder fthey took that out i mean how many people go around climbing lampposts in NY?

I don't remember GTA III having one.

You don't remember the mission for the guy with the one arm, where you had to defend it? After that, you could go there whenever you wanted and buy rocket launchers and machine guns.

It wasn't quite an army base as such, it was more a private thing owned by an ex army guy.

Yeah. If it were an army base, it would've been bigger, too. Not like some kind of shack off Rockford.

• 3 months later...